Not Alright

Our Secret

 

Unfortunately when Luhan said everything was alright again he didn't know how wrong he was. Lately I realized how drained he was and how many times he carried this troubled expression around. At first I thought it would only last for a short while and after a few days he would be normal again. However I had to acknowledge that he was still in the same condition and it didn't look like it was getting better soon.

 

It hurted to see him being troubled and I wished I could at least carry a part of his trouble. I missed the old Luhan who would greet me every morning with a endearing smile. It killed me to see a drained Luhan every morning struggling to complete his work.

 

When I asked him why he felt so down he told me that Yuri was getting more and more demanding by day. Now she wanted to spend more time with him and wanted to go out on many dates. She told him that he didn't spend enough time with her and she was getting lonely.

 

However Luhan was the boss of a big company so he it was obvious that he didn't had a lot of time to undertake things with her and lately business and work kept pressuring him.

 

As Yuri wasn't easing him of the stress I tried to take as much work of his shoulder as possible. Luhan was really grateful for that and I was glad to see him lighten up a bit sometimes.

 

 

 

It was evening and I was sitting comfortably on the couch when suddenly the door opened. Before I could react I was already hugged by a messed up Luhan. Slowly I hugged him back and his disordered hair. After staying quiet for a while he calmed down.

 

“What happened Luhan?”

 

He mumbled something incomprehensible into my chest and I had to ask him to repeat what he told me. With a sigh he lifted his head from my chest and I saw his tear stained face. I got really worried as Luhan was rarely seen crying. Carefully I wipped the tears of his tired face.

 

“Yuri and me got into a quarrel again... But this time she got so angry that she actually got violent and hit me. Normally she would only scream at me. But never has she been this mad before that she actually got rough. She was so furious that she even threw objects around and screamed loudly. I was glad that Eunji wasn't home. I wouldn't want to see her cry because of us... Hyori what should I do? I don't want my family to break apart.”

 

I looked sympathizing at him and I felt really sorry for him. Why couldn't Yuri be more understanding? Luhan was doing his best to support his family financial while still being a caring father for his daughter. Why couldn't she treasure such a fine man?

 

“Poor you. I'm sure Yuri will calm down fastly. Just give her a little time and talk to her. Tell her that work is consuming a lot of time and that if everything is settled again you'll go out on a date with her again. So she just needs to be a little more patient. Don't be too sad about it. It's not like it's over yet.”

 

Despite nodding he still looked down and sad. After we talked about other things he seemed to become his usual self again. However I still saw the pained look behind his forced smiles. Later that night Luhan told me he had to go home as it was getting late. After thanking me and bidding me goodbye he went home.

 

That night I couldn't sleep as I was too preoccupied by the new worry I developed about Luhan. I really hoped that everything will work out again and that he could smile again. Even though I would be more than happy if he left Yuri the sane part of me knew that his happiness could only be achieved when he was beside Yuri - his one and true love...

 

 

Why can't you look at me? I would never let you go through such pain because I care to much about you. I would treasure you like you deserved to be and I would never let you feel troubled...

I hate Yuri for doing this to you. I hate to see you being sad. I hate to know that only Yuri can inflict this pain to you. And most of all I hate myself for falling so deep for you...

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------

I'm sorry it's moving so slow >_<

I'll make sure that next chapter they will get close ^_~