Luhan's Birthday

Our Secret

 

After our last date nothing exciting happened. We couldn't really act intimate with each other as Yuri would often just barge in without a warning. The chance off getting caught was to high and that was the reason why we had to keep a low profile. I would be lying if I said I didn't mind it. It was the complete opposite and my patient seemed to be tested to it's limit. I wished to hug and twine our hands but I wasn't allowed to do. So not having any other chance I just stuck to waiting patiently and observing him from a distance.

 

However I was really thankful for Luhan's consideration and because of it a lot of pain was lifted of my heart. Whenever I was around Luhan always refused or avoided kissing Yuri as he didn't want me to see such a scene. But avoiding being embraced by her was out of question as Yuri was really fast in initiating skinship. However her hugging him didn't faze me and ignoring it was wasn't a big problem.

 

Today when I woke up I felt really happy. Finally Luhan asked me out on a date again and I was more than happy to agree with it. With new energy I started my day great and it felt like time couldn't go by any slower. After cleaning the house I took a shower and changed into a suitable outfit. Still I saw there was still a lot of time left and I distracted myself by surfing a little on the internet. Eventually the time finally came and I went to my car to drive to the restaurant where we were surposed to meet. After Entering the grand restaurant and sitting at the assigned table I noticed that I was 10 minutes to early. A waiter came over and handed me a menu. Ordering my drink he went away again to most likely convey the order to a cocktail waitress. With a happy smile I waited for Luhan to finally arrive. After 10 minutes he was still not there. But I didn't mind it to much and just thought he was just running late.

 

After 20 minutes a waiter came again and asked me if I already decided for a dish to order. Kindly I told him that I was waiting for someone and thus still didn't choose my meal. Understanding he walked away again and left me to continue my waiting.

 

Quickly 1 hour passed by and there was still no trace of a chinese man named Luhan. However it didn't stop me from being in a good mood. *I'm sure he must be in a traffic yam.*

 

Another hour flew by and slowly my smile turned to a straight line. The waiter came again and asked me if I now knew what I wanted. Not wanting to negate again I just randomly choose a dish.

 

After another hour my dish came but Luhan still didn't appear. * Luhan where are you?*

 

It has been 4 hours already and my lips which formed a straight line long ago turned into a frown. The dish I ordered already turned could as my appetite didn't seem to come up.

 

I didn't know how long I already waited and just starred out of the window. But when a waiter came by I was pulled out of my trance.

 

Excuse me miss. But we are closing.”

 

Oh I'm sorry. I'll leave at once.”

 

While I was paying I could hear the other waiters whispering to each other as by now the restaurant was empty and quiet.

 

Poor her. She has been waiting for hours. What a mean boyfriend she must have to let her hanging like that.”

 

I know right. But don't you think that she is unlogical and naïve? Waiting like that.”

 

Yeah you're right. She must be a clingy and desperate girlfriend.”

 

Hastily I exited the restaurant and drove home.

 


 

Yes I am stupid and desperate...

 


 


 


 


 

The next day which followed was an eventful one as it was Luhan's birthday. While I was eating my breakfast I noticed that my smartphone blinked blue indicating that I had received a message. Curiously I unlocked it to see who it was from and right on my guess it was from Luhan.

 

Hello Hyori. I'm so sorry about yesterday. After I changed my clothes ready to go out Yuri misunderstood the situation and thought that I wanted to go on a date with her. So not giving me the chance to explain she dragged me out and I forgot my phone at home. That's why I couldn't write you a message or call you. I hope you didn't wait long for me.

 

Halting my act in eating I processed to formulate a message.

 

Good morning birthday kid. Happy birthday! I understand and don't worry I didn't wait long for you. I'll see you later.

 

Not really knowing what to write I was just content with the index and sended it to him. After ending my breakfast I went upstairs to take a shower. Afterwards I went into my walk in closet and looked around searching for an outfit. Finally I found a nice one and wore the pieces of clothe at once. Doing some last finishing touch I went downstairs and exited my house. After driving for a while I finally reached the restaurant which Luhan reserved for his birthday. Showing the guard my invitation he let me pass without further objection. Once inside of the restaurant my eyes had to adjust to the bright lights which illuminated the whole restaurant in a warm and expensive looking aura.

 

Hello Hyori.”

 

Turning to the front I was met with Luhan his wife and his child Eunji. Smiling I went closer to them and gave Luhan a hug. For other it looked like a friendly one but for us it was more than that.

 

Hello. Happy Birthday.”

 

After hugging for a few seconds we pulled away from each other again. “Thank you. I'm happy that you were able to make it to my birthday.”

 

Of course.” Turning around to face the mother daughter duo I smiled warmly at them. “Hello Yuri and Eunji.”

 

Yuri smiled at me and greeted me back. She looked beautiful in her black dress and curled hair. Luhan did a good choice in choosing such a beautiful woman. Happily Eunji hugged me and I returned it with much joy.

 

Luhan led me to the big table where many guest where already seated and chatting away. Among the guest I could spot many of our friends. Luhan had to leave me again as he still had to greet some guest which were still to be expected to arrive. Spotting Kim Jongin and Sehun I went over to them and sat on a vacant seat beside Sehun.

 

Hello. Long time not seen.”

 

At once their attention were turned to me. At the same time they replied to my greeting. “Oh Hyori you are finally here. How have you been?”

 

Good and you guys?”

 

We've been doing well.”

 

Jongin was looking at me before his smile suddenly turned into a smirk. “So Hyori~. Still not in a relationship.”

 

No.”

 

If you keep this up I'm sure you're going to die as a single .”

 

Hearing that Sehun started to laugh with Jongin. “Kai is right. If you keep this up you are seriously going to end like that.”

 

Yah! You guys are so mean!”

 

I pouted visibly at them and the laughed ceased slowly. “Sorry. We'll stop now.”

 

After that we just talked about random things and catched up on each others life. After a while every guest came and we started to eat. The room was filled with laugher and voices. The mood was really good and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Luhan and me secretly exchanged glances and smiles at times.

 

After sitting down for a while I felt the need to use the restroom. Not waiting much longer I excused myslef and I stood up to go to the restroom. However before I could enter it I was pulled around by a strong hand. Surprised I looked at the man who would turn me around and cage me between him and the wall. After seeing that it was Luhan I smiled at him which was returned by his smile.

 

So is birthday boy enjoying his day?”

 

Yes. But there is still something I wish to receive.”

 

And what would that be?”

 

My Birthday kiss.”

 

You have to wait. We can't kiss here. People may see us.”

 

Before I could protest further I was cut off by a soft kiss which quickly turned into a more heated one. I was so caught up in it that at the moment I didn't care about being seen. Slinging my arms around his neck I pulled him into a deeper kiss. Suddenly he pulled away and I groaned in protest. However Luhan seemed to stifften up and his view was locked at something at the side. Following his gaze I froze too. At once it felt like the whole restaurant turned cold and stopped for short.

 

There on our left, looking at us stood Eunji...

 

------------------------

Sorry I didn't overfly this chapter so there a many mistakes >_<