Yuri's request

Our Secret

 

The living room was literally filled with tension and awkwardness made itself comfortable. Yuri was sitting on a couch opposite from mine. Neither of us bothered to interrupt the silence and we just choose to sit and stare everywhere else just not at each others face. Not being able to surrender the silence anymore I choose to break it.

"So... What did you want to talk to me about?"

Eventually Yuri's eyes to searched for mine to cage them in a seemingly impossible escape.

"You have to give him back to me."

Not liking her tone I started to toy with her.

"What if I told you that I don't want to give him back to you?"

"You just have to. You too know that he belongs to me and that he loves only me."

"If he did then he wouldn't have even started this relationship."

Yuri opened to snap back at me but not a sound was produced. The look in her eyes told me that she knew I was right and there was no argument to push it into the wrongful side.
Suddenly she did something unexpected which I wouldn't have imagined her to do. I expected her to run over to me and slap me or insult me. However Yuri stood up and bowed low to me.

"I'm begging you... Please return Luhan to me. Hyori you are one of the most beautiful woman I have ever seen and I'm sure that you could get any man you wish to have. You are smart and nice and there is like no flaws on you. I'm sadly not as blessed as you and until today I still can't believe my luck to have married such a perfect man. So please don't take him away from me. Can you imagine how hard it would be for Eunji if she has to separate from her father? I know you love her so please think about her well being too."

At the mentioning of Eunji my sane side finally won over. She had a good point which I couldn't deny. Eunji would have a hard time if Luhan and Yuri were to divorce. She would grow up in a broken family and that was something I wouldn't want to put her through. She is too young and innocent to get her involved into such a situation. I took a deep breath and suppressed the tears that threatened to escape.

"I will do it.”

"What did you say? I think I misheard you."

I looked up from my lap and looked her dead on in the face.

"No you didn't. I will give Luhan back to you."

When the information finally sunk in she gratefully ran over to me and took my hands which were clenched on my laps into her warm ones. Her face was filled with joy and relief and a big smile adored her face.

"Thank you so much. I'm so grateful to you. I don't know how I can ever pay you back."

"It's alright... Can you please go now? I need some time alone."

Nodding delightfully she released my hands and straightened herself again.

"Thank you again Hyori. I really appreciate it. I'll take my leave then."

 

I watched her run out of my house and closing the door behind. Ensuring that she was gone I finally let my tears flow out. It hurted a lot. However I knew I did the right think and this thought soothed the pain minimal. Still it couldn't stop the pain which was racking through my whole body and mostly my broken heart. At that moment I was grateful to the silence which has been my friend for ages and which has never left me alone.

 

Luhan I think the time finally came where we have to part...