Dog Date

Our Secret

 

The next morning I started the day worse off. Firstly I was woken up by the gravity which made me lie on the hard floor. After that I slipped the last few steps and made contact with the lovely floor again. Feeling hungry I entered the kitchen and opened the fridge only the groan out in frustration. Looking inside the fridge only to be met by emptiness made me remember that I forgot to restock it. Moreover today was sunday and the supermarkets were closed. Not having an understanding stomach it growled loudly again. So having no choice left but to go out and eat I slipped on some shoes and grabbed my wallet and keys. When I opened the door I was startled to see Luhan there ready to ring the bell.

 

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

 

"Do I need a reason to see you?"

 

 

"No. But did Yuri seriously let you go out? Lately she has been really clingy."

 

 

"Well she did oppose against me going out today. But I just told her I needed to do some work related things today."

 

 

I smiled knowing that he lied to spend time with me. I felt really grateful and interwined our hands happily.

 

 

"Come on. I'm starving. You have to treat me to breakfast as you left me alone yesterday."

 

 

Without protest I leaded him to his car and sat down on the passenger seat. He drove us to a small cafe where we ate our breakfast. Breakfast took place without anything special occuring. After paying we walked around the town and luckily no one familiar ran over our way. I didn't want to have another date where a friend of ours would disturb us. We looked at different stores and just enjoyed each others company. Suddenly I saw a dog cafe and excitement erupted inside of me. I loved dogs and they were my all-time favorite animal.

 

 

“I want to go in there.”

 

 

Not waiting for Luhan's reply I dragged him inside. When I entered the cafe I let go of his hand and smiled brightly. There were so many dogs walking around or lying lazily on the floor or in their basket. At once a woman came over and guided us to a table where we could sit down. Happily I petted a big fluffy dog which I guessed was a Chow Chow. On my other side sat a small Papillon who snuggled by my leg.

 

 

“Luhan aren't they so cute?”

 

 

Not getting a reply I looked at him. I couldn't contain my laugh and bursted out laughing. Luhan was sitting stiffly in his seat and was looking anxiously at the cute dogs who surrounded him.

 

 

“Don't tell me you are scared of dogs?”

 

 

“I-I'm not scared of dogs. W-What made you think so?”

 

 

He tried to prove his point by giving out a laugh. However it sounded more awkward than happy. Moreover his stiffened positon didn't go away and he still sat like a statue in his seat. Realizing his fright of dogs the dogs got bored and went over to me instead. At once his posture seemed to relax a little. Feeling bad for him I petted the dog and stood up.

 

 

“Should we go then?”

 

 

“No. There is no reason to go. I'm not scared or anything.”

 

 

“No need to force yourself. Come on let's go.”

 

 

I went over to him and tried to pull him up. However he refused to stand up and sat stubbornly in his seat.

 

 

“No. We should stay. Seriously I'll be alright.”

 

 

I sighed and looked at him only to see that he was serious. I felt touched that he stayed for me even though I knew he wanted to go out. I kissed him on the cheek and hugged him.

 

 

“Thank you Luhan.”

 

 

“No problem. This is the least I could do for you after leaving you alone yesterday.”

 

 

Knowing that he won't change his mind I went back to play with the dogs who were more then happy to participate. After playing with them for a while I felt a presence beside me. Looking to my left I saw Luhan standing beside me. Carefully he crouched down and cautiously petted a Spitz. Surprised I looked at Luhan petting a dog and even his posture relaxed. Crouching down beside him I saw his face showed a happy expression.

 

 

“What happened? Aren't you scared of dogs?”

 

 

“Not anymore. They are actually really cute.”

 

Feeling proud at Luhan for finally liking dogs and happy that he now enjoyed their presence I leaned my head on his shoulder. On my left side snuggled a Collie and I laughed at him. Petting his head he seemed to really enjoy it as he kept wagging his tail.

 

After spending enough time in the cafe we decided to go. I was sad when I had to leave all the dogs and go home.
When we reached my house Luhan parked his car infront of it. We were sitting in his car and a part of me didn't want to go. However the logical part of me told me I have to go.

 

“Thank you for today. I enjoyed it a lot.”

 

“I enjoyed it too. I'm really sorry about yesterday. I hope I could make it up to you.”

 

“Today was more than enough to make it up. I'll go now. You should go home before Yuri gets worried.”

 

He leaned over an kissed my forehead. “See you tomorrow at work then.”

 

With that said I opened the car door and got out. I waved him goodbye and turned around to go inside. I heard him driving away and when I looked behind he was already gone. I felt really happy even though the day started off bad.

 

 

When this is the recompense for waiting for you, I'm more than happy to wait...