Care for You

Our Secret

After entering our work room I saw Luhan already sitting at his desk doing some of the mountain of paper work which were assigned for him to complete. He was so preoccupied by his work that he only realized my presence when I stood infront of his work desk. Upon seeing my shadow he steered his view to me. When I saw him I knew there was something bothering him at once. His usual happy expression was replaced by a thoughtful look. It wasn't the usual thoughtful expression he would make when he was confused by his work. Moreover it was the expression he would make when something in his privat life happened or bothered him.

 

“Luhan what is wrong? Is there something bothering you?”

 

Instead of answering my question he just gave out a sigh and looked down. Now I got worried as he was really acting strange. It was rare for him to sigh and even refusing to talk to me. I went around the big table and stood beside him.

 

“Luhan please talk to me or at least look at me.”

 

He still refused to look at me and started to work again. “Aren't I'm your best friend? You know that you can tell me everything right?”

 

Finally he stopped scanning the sheets of paper. However he still didn't look up. Slowly I extended my hands towards his face until I touched his cheeks. Carefully I turned his head to face me and eventually he locked his eyes with mine. “Luhan... Please don't be like this to me. You're worrying me. Did something bad happen? You can trust me so please tell me what is bothering you. I want to help you.”

 

At last Luhan opened his mouth ready to tell me what was bothering him. “It's not going well.” I looked puzzled at him and waited for him to clarify me. “Yuri and me. Lately we haven't really been lovely to each other and it seems like we are distancing ourself.” I just nodded encouraging him to continue. But for the time staying quiet as I didn't want to interrupt him. “Hyori I don't know what to do. How can I fix this?”

 

I looked caringly at him and gave him a small smile. He looked so helpless and sad and I couldn't help myself but to squish his face. “Don't give me that look. I know how you can solve your problem. Tomorrow is a free day. You should go out and have a nice dinner with her. It has been a while since you guys went on a date. I'm sure that after a romantic dinner everything will be alright again. Just bring Eunji over to me and enjoy a day as a couple. She can sleep over by me too.”

Just like that the normal Luhan was back again. The Luhan who had sparkling eyes and a warm smile plastered on his face. The Luhan who made me weak in my knees just by being himself. Suddenly he took a hold on my hands and squeezed them lightly while smiling gratefully at me.

 

“Thank you! You are the best. Seriously why didn't I get this idea earlier? What would I do without you? How come you always know a solution to my problems? I'm sure if it weren't for you I would still be a single man. I will make sure to repay you.”

 

I just smiled at his excitement and wished him good luck.

 

Of course I would know the solution to your problems. I am after all your best friend who has been beside you for years. Your best friend who harbours feelings for you which shouldn't exist.

It pains me to acknowledge that even after all these years you are still able to make me wobbly with just one of your smiles. How am I supposed to move on when you are still so caring to me? Even though I'm heartbroken I will still continue to love you with all these small pieces that once formed a full heart.

 

------------------------------

Second chapter up ^_^

Sorry if it's moving to slow.