Lunch

Our Secret

 

I was woken up by the persistent sunrays which shone strongly on my face. Slowly I opened my eyes which closed fastly again because of the brightness that burned them. After adjusting to the light I realized two small arms hugging my stomach. I looked at the still sleeping girl and carefully untangled her arms around me. Quietly I went into the bathroom that was attached to my bedroom and did my morning routine. Afterwards I headed downstairs and entered the kitchen, deciding to make breakfast. Almost finishing preparing breakfast I suddenly heard slow foot steps making their way down the stairs. Not long after I saw Eunji standing at the door, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. After putting the plates on the table I went over to Eunji and lifted her up.

 

“Morning Hyori.”
“Morning Eunji. Come on lets wash you up.”

 

I carried her into the bathroom and got her ready for the day. Afterwards we ate our breakfast and Eunji was talking actively, telling me about her dream and so on. We finished consuming our food and washed the dishes. While we were washing the dishes I heard the lock of the front door unclosing. Upon hearing that noise Eunji hurriedly dried her hands and ran to the door.

 

“Papa!”

 

“Hello my little girl.”

 

After I heard Luhan's voice I dried my hands and went into the corridor too. He was carrying Eunji and they were talking and smiling to each other. I was walking towards them when they realized my presence. Both of them turned their head in my direction and smiled at me.

 

“Hello Hyori. I hope Eunji didn't cause you any problems.”
“Morning Luhan. No. Eunji was a brave girl.”
“Do you have anything planned today?”

“No. Why?”

“I want to treat you to lunch later. Is it alright with you?”

“Yeah I would like that.”

 

After telling him to wait downstairs I ran upstairs to fetch Eunji's bag. I checked if everything was packed and went downstairs again. Luhan had already dressed Eunji so she was ready to go home.

 

“Alright. We need to go now. Eunji say bye to Hyori.”

 

At once Eunji ran over to me to give me a hug and saying goodbye. “I'll visite you again. So don't feel lonely.”

 

I smiled at her care and bend down to hug her back. “Come over whenever you want. Don't worry I won't be lonely.”

 

I broke our hug and stood straight again. After handing Eunji her bag she ran over and held onto her fathers hand. “I'll fetch you up at 15 o'clock.”

 

I nodded and we bid each other goodbye. After the two left and the door fell shut, I felt the solitude swirling around me again. My friend who never left me was there again ready to keep me company.

 

 

Wanting to distract myself from the plaguing thoughts I started to clean the house. Unfortunately it didn't take long and after 1 hour the house was shining clean. I still had time until Luhan would fetch me. After pondering for a while what to do next I decided I would change my clothes into a more fitting pair which I could go outside with. I went into my walk-in closet and began searching for a nice outfit. Finally I combinated a suitable outfit which included a pair of dark skinny jeans, a white blouse and a black jacket. After I changed into the clothes I went downstairs again. I looked at the time and was relieved that it was time for Luhan to come. Right on cue I saw the front door opening and Luhan entering. We greeted each other and after I put on a pair of black high heels and got my purse we went outside. We climbed into his car and he drove us to a restaurant.

 

After entering the bright restaurant and sitting down a waiter came and brought us the menu. When the waiter came again we told him what we wanted and afterwards he walked away again to give the order to the cook.

 

“So how was your date with Yuri? Is everything alright again?”

 

Just mentioning her name he started to smile brightly. “Yes. Everything went perfect and we are good again. Thank you so much Hyori. Without you I am sure we would still have this problem.”

 

He was telling me how the date went and what they did when our food finally arrived. While we were eating Luhan suddenly stopped and looked seriously at me. Thus making me halt my lunch too.

 

“Hyori. I need to ask you something. It has been bugging me since a while. Please don't take my question as an insult. Alright?”

 

I looked questionable at him and just signaled him to go on and that I wouldn't be offended.

 

“I'm worried about you. I've wanted to ask you this for a while but didn't dare to do so. But today I will ask you straightforwardly. Well... You're already 23 years old and you're beautiful, nice and smart. So how come I have never seen you date someone before or neither have I heard you falling in love once. Do you maybe have love problems or worst are you A-ual?”

 

At first I was surprised by his question but afterwards I suddenly had the urge to laugh. So I did. Luhan was now looking strangely at me and was curious of my answer.

 

“Luhan. Why would you hesistate to ask me something like this? Well doesn't matter. To answer your question: I am not A-ual and I fell in love once.”
“What? You did fall in love? Why didn't you tell me? Who is this man?”

 

“I didn't tell you because it didn't work out. The man I fell in love with already had a girlfriend who he even married. Now he even has a daughter with her.”
“Ohh.. I'm sorry about that. I didn't know that you experienced something like that already. It must have been painful. This man must be stupid to not realize your feelings for him. He doesn't know what he is missing out. I'm sure a bunch of guys would love to have you as their girlfriend.”

 

“That's nice of you to tell me. Yes it was really painful. However you don't need to worry about me. I'll be alright.”

 

He just nodded and we continued to eat our lunch while conversing actively. The topic long forgotten.

 

 

Sometimes I wish I was A-ual. Then I wouldn't have to feel all this pain caused by you and the infamous feeling called 'Love'.

I lied when I told you I would be alright. There is no way I would be alright. As long as these feelings exist then as long I am going to suffer. Even when my body begs me to forget these cursed emotions my heart refused to let them go. Because it just loves you so much...

 

----------------------------

Sorry for the wait >_<

Finally finished chapter 4 ^_^