Eunji

Our Secret

 

I was cutting some vegetables when I heard the front door opening. Not long after I felt two small arms wrapping themselves around my legs. At once I put the sharp object in my hand away and turned around to hug the small girl who was still hugging me tightly. I loosened her grip and bend down to her level ready to greet her. Eunji was smiling brightly at me and it painfully resembled Luhan's smile. Nonetheless I returned her smile and patted her small head.

 

“Hello Eunji. How are you?”

 

“Hello Hyori! I'm fine. I missed you a lot!”

 

After telling her that I missed her too I lifted her up onto my arms and looked at Luhan who was observing everything from the kitchen door. He was wearing a suit and his hair was straight and nicely styled. All in one his appearance was breathtaking.

 

“Hello Luhan. You look handsome today.” He smirked at me and went over to sit at the kitchen island. “Thank you. You look nice in your panda vest too. Makes you appear so grown-up.”

 

“Don't mock my vest. It's really comfortable. I'm sure that if you wore it, you would love it too!” After he heard my playful angry voice and offended expression he started to laugh at me. His laugh was so contagious to me that I couldn't help but to join him.

 

“Papa don't be mean to Hyori. If you make Hyori sad I'll be angry at you.” Hearing the small girl in my arms defending me made me smile affectionately at her. Eunji was such a cute angel and I wished I could have her as my daughter.

 

“Aww. Eunji you are so cute! I wish I could have a daughter like you.” I rubbed my cheek with hers and she laughed in delight. Luhan was pouting and looked offended at us.

 

“Eunji you evil child. How can you turn against your father and side with Hyori?” Eunji and me were just laughing at the man who was acting childish.

 

“Of course Eunji would be on my side. After all Eunji and me are really close. Right Eunji?” In reply Eunji nodded and laughed happily.

 

“How could you Eunji?” Luhan told it in such an overdramatic voice that I just had to laugh at him again. After I looked at the kitchen clock I realized that it was time for Luhan to go.

 

“Well Luhan. I think you have to go now. We don't want you to be late for your date now, do we?”

 

“Yeah. I better get going now. Thanks again for looking after Eunji. I'll pick her up tomorrow.”

 

I placed Eunji down so she could say goodbye to her father. Fastly she ran over to Luhan and gave him a tight hug. After bidding goodbye to each other Luhan left me and Eunji alone to go to his long awaited date.

 

“ Eunji are you hungry? Should I cook something for us?” Upon hearing it she nodded hastily and went over to the kitchen island to sit down. I went back to the counter and continued to cut the vegetables for todays dinner.

 

“Nee Hyori?”

“What is it Eunji?”

“Why are you always alone? Isn't Hyori sad being always by herself?”

“What do you mean Eunji?”

 

“Well my mama always has me or papa with her. She is never alone. How come you don't have someone like papa with you? Don't you like to have someone like papa with you? When mama and papa are together they always seem happy. Mama and papa always tell me they love each other a lot. Doesn't Hyori has someone she loves too?”

 

I finished cutting the vegetables and washed my hands. While drying my hands I turned around to look at the curious girl who had a questionable look on her face.

 

“Well Eunji. You see I'm still waiting for this one person. It's not like I like being alone. But the person I love doesn't love me back. That's why I still don't have someone like papa is to your mama. However I have you little angel sometimes visiting me. So I'm not sad.”

 

I saw Eunji jumping down from her seat and running over to me. Fastly Eunji hugged my legs and gave me a bright smile. “I'll always be with you Hyori. When papa allows me I'll come over and visite you a lot. This way Hyori won't have to be alone anymore!”

 

She was so caring and cute that the smile I returned to her was full of affection. I lifted her up so she was flying in the air. “Why are you so cute Eunji? You are right. When Eunji visits me I won't feel lonely. Alright I need to continue making dinner. Don't want you to starve now, do we?” After placing her on her seat again I processed to finish making dinner.

 

When we finished eating Eunji wanted to play a little with me. Afterwards we washed up and got ready to sleep. As Eunji wanted to sleep with me we went into my bedroom. Once I opened the door attached to my bedroom Eunji happily ran over to my bed and jumped on it. Even though it was already late she seemed to still be full of energy. Hurriedly she lied down and signaled me to come over to her.

 

“Hyori. Please tell me a story.” I went over to my spacious bed and lied down beside her. Halfway through the story I realize that Eunji had difficulty staying awake. Not long after she finally fell asleep and carefully I pulled the blanket over us. Gently I her long brown hair behind her ears and observed her peaceful sleeping face. She resembled Luhan a lot and it pained me a little. Not long after the sleepiness took over me and before I realized it I fell asleep. A peaceful sleep that I wasn't able to enjoy for a while.