Realisation

Teach Me To Fall For You

*Kai's POV*

 

I liked her.

I knew when I saw her dance. She was so passionate, I thought to myself as I strolled towards the house. But I wasn't sure-There was something about her, she seemed...wary of something. I began to wonder whether I was being too forward. I didn't want to scare her off. As I continued to think, however, it occured to me that it wasn't just me-she was like that around every guy. Every time someone stared at her in the corridor, or even when Baekhyun was talking to her in geography, she seemed kind of scared. Maybe someone had screwed her over? If that was the case, I could empathise. All my life, people had put me down, told me I would never be anything. The people I had thought were my friends had suddenly decided, one day, that they were too good to be friends with me. They just disappeared-no explanation, they just left. Gone. All my bad memories came back as I absently shoved my key into the door, wrestling with the stiff lock. I grunted with the effort of pushing the door open as I grappled with the key. "Damn thing," I muttered, dropping my bag. I flopped down onto the sofa, as thoughts of Yasmin came back into my mind. The shy, sweet girl with the kind face and the eye smile, who was not only a good dancer, but a dedicated one. I had nearly kissed her. It hadn't been part of the plan, it just happened. I began to worry again-I'd obviously embarrassed her. I'm definitely being to forward, I decided. I sighed, feeling guilty.

*Yasmin's POV*

Did he mean for that to happen? Was I imagining it? Did I look like a complete idiot rushing out? All of these questions swirled in my mind as I lay curled up on my sofa, not paying attention to the news as the stern-looking reporter talked at me through the screen. Then another question occured to me: Would I have minded if he'd kissed me? I thought about it. Suddenly, the phone rang. I answered it. "Yasmin!"

"Oh, mum."

"How are you? I'm fine, thanks for asking."

"Yeah, I'm fine. School's ok, I'm guessing that's why you rung?"

"Yasmin, are you alright? You sound...distant." I was surprised by that.

"Oh, no I'm fine. I'm...just making food," I lied, knowing my excuse was lame.

"Ah. Do you want be to ring back later?" mum asked.

"Ne, please," I replied. She sighed.

"Ok, I'll ring at 9. Bye."

I sighed as I put the phone down. Kai had been on my mind the whole time. Aish, I thought, things are gonna be so awkward now...