New

Teach Me To Fall For You

Yasmin's eyes widened as she strolled down the hallway of KJH High, the prestigious performing arts academy that was her new school. The floor-to-ceiling windows on one side cast light onto the light wood-panneled Walls and light stone floor. There was a set of silver lockers next to a set of glass double doors, which led into the canteen. As she walked along, she glanced at some of the pupils; unfairly pretty girls with long, lithe limbs from all their dance training; handsome boys with hot bodies and perfect smiles; even a few K-Pop idols. She turned the corner and found her first classroom, Room 23.

 

As she entered, she took a moment to marvel at the high-tech classroom, with its ample desks and elaborate touchscreen whiteboard. This really was cutting-edge. Then, she scanned the classroom and looked at her new classmates. There was a couple of girls huddled over a magazine, a girl sitting by herself, and a group of about five boys at the back. "Class! Settle down! We have a new student today," the tall teacher said, looking at Yasmin. She smiled self-conciously. "Introduce yourself," he said, motioning to the class. She bowed. "Annyeonghaseyo, My name is Yasmin Park."

"You can take the seat in the third row, next to Jikyoung," the teacher said, pointing at the empty seat next to the girl that Yasmin had spotted earlier. She walked over and sat down gingerly. "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Jikyoung," the girl said. She had short bobbed hair and large eyes. Yasmin smiled. "I'm Yasmin." She looked down at Jikyoung's pencil. "So you like Super Junior?" she asked. Jikyoung nodded briskly, scrunching her face into a smile. "I like Ryeowook best!" she said, her voice becoming squeakier. Yasmin's heart sank atthe thought of him, but she smiled anyway. 'Aish,' she thought to herself, 'had to be him didn't it?'

 

Soon, it was the end of the day. Stupidly, Yasmin had started at KJH on a Friday, so she now had the weekend to chop everything up and make the process of settling in that little bit harder. As she got into her room, she dropped her bag and checked her answerphone. One message, from Umma:

"Neh, Yasmin, it's your mother. How was your first day? Call me when you get in. Saranghaeyo."

Yasmin sighed as she pulled her hair out of it's ponytail and picked up the phone. After a few rings, her mother answered: "Yeobosaeyo? Oh Yasmin! How was your first day honey?" "It was good thanks, Umma."