Scare

Teach Me To Fall For You

*Lu Han's POV*

We were being so cliché-a bonfire on the beach is probably the least original thing we could do. It was nice though, just to be able to relax with our little group. I glanced over at Kai and Yasmin. They were snuggled together, looking every bit the perfect couple. I felt my heart sink as my gaze moved to Jikyoung, her small face half in shadow and half lit up by the flames. I wished that we could be like Kai and Yasmin-casually cuddling up, teasing each other, being dorks without caring. I stared into the flames, feeling lonely. I wished that I wasn't so shy. I felt my heart sink again as I remembered the fact that Jikyoung thought I was creepy. I felt Chanyeol nudge me and I looked over. "What's up?" he asked.

"Nothing," I lied. Chanyeol nodded.

"I get it," he replied, looking at Jikyoung. I shot him a look and picked up some driftwood, chucking it into the fire. Suddenly, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. Pulling it out, I saw a text from Baekhyun. His father was being discharged and Baek was going to resume his training with SM tomorrow. I told the group and they were all delighted with the news. "We should probably get back to the hotel soon, it's getting late," Kai said. I stood up and stretched, picking up a bucket and heading towards the sea. I gathered some seawater, thinking to myself. I sighed as I once again wondered what Jikyoung thought of me. Blankly, I scooped up some water and trudged back to the group. "You okay?" I heard Jikyoung say.

"O-oh, yeah," I replied hastily, tipping the water over the fire. It went out with a hiss and the beach went dark. Everyone stood up and gathered their things. I did the same. We strolled idly towards the hotel in the semi-dark as dim lampposts threw shadows across the ground. It wasn't long before we got back to the hotel. "So, I guess we'll see you in the morning. Breakfast at nine?" Yasmin said. Everyone nodded.

 

 

"See you tomorrow then," Chanyeol said cheerfully. I scratched my head awkwardly as everyone filed into their rooms, leaving me with Jikyoung. I turned to her and she said nothing, sliding the key into the door and pushing the door open. I followed her in. "Which bed do you want?" I asked. She walked over to the bed by the window.

"This one?" she said quietly. I shrugged.

"Okay," I replied. She nodded once and turned to her bag, placing it on the bed. I did the same, thinking to myself. Jikyoung stayed silent. I glanced over at her. "What?" she asked suspiciously. I turned back to my stuff and sighed. "What was that for?" I turned in response to Jikyoung's words.

"What was…what?" I replied quietly. She raised an eyebrow.

"You sighed," her voice dripped with suspicion.

"I'm tired,"

"M-hmm…" she replied sarcastically.

"Why do you act like this around me?"

"Like what!?"

"You're all…shifty,"

"Well you act strange around me too! You're all…quiet and brooding. Like a…like a or something," she said the last bit quietly. I burst out laughing.

"Are you serious!?" I exclaimed. She glanced wierdly at me. "Well if I bother you that much then we can go ask one of the others to swap," I suggested. There was a pause.

"…Oh that'll just create a fuss," she replied. I glanced over at her. She looked over at me briefly before shaking her head briefly and turning away. I sighed again. "What now?" she asked suspiciously. I smirked as I turned back to my bed. I had a plan.

 

 

*Jikyoung's POV*

"Are you really that scared of me?" Lu Han asked me. I shot him a sideways glance. He sighed. "Do I look like a !?" he quipped. "No, you actually look quite cute," was what I wanted to say-but I didn't. "You never know," I said seriously, before mentally slapping myself. Did I seriously just say that? Stupid Jikyoung. I felt uncomfortable, and, looking over, I could see Lu Han smirking at me.

"Do I scare you that much?" he asked again, getting up. I said nothing. He was really smirking as he took a step towards me. He was definitely acting strangely, that was for sure-I wasn't sure that I had ever seen Mr Shy smirk. "I've never thought of myself as scary," he mused, continuing to approach me, painfully slowly. I knew he was trying to wind me up. "Are you getting worried now?" he said in a mocking way, only a few steps from me. I should have let him know how dumb he was being, but my gullible side came out and I took a step back. His eyes glinted with mischief as he took another step towards me. I instinctively stepped back, but could only manage half a step when I realised that I had backed into the wardrobe door. I mentally cursed. "Stop it, you're being an idiot," I said scornfully. He was much closer now-only a step and he would be within arms reach. He chuckled to himself. "Scary Lu Han is coming to kill you!" he said mockingly, suddenly striding over. I rolled my eyes, looking at the floor to avoid his gaze. "Just piss off!" I snapped, putting my hand out to push him away.

 

I stiffened when I felt him grab my wrist. Looking up, I saw his hand wrapped around my arm. Then my eyes drifted up, and his eyes met mine. He was looking at me differently, and he wasn't smirking anymore. Suddenly, he let go. My hand dropped down by my side. He shuffled closer, and this time I didn't push him away. I looked at the floor, embarrassed. Something moved by the corner of my eye, and I felt something on my face. It was his hand, and it settled on my cheek, his fingers behind my ear. My face heated up and my pulse quickened as his thumb gently glided across my cheek. I met his gaze again, and locked it, staring into his eyes. "Oh my gosh," I thought, "he's going to kiss me." His face edged closer, and he was so close that our noses were nearly touching. Blood was pounding in my ears. He stayed there for a moment before whispering: "Am I scaring you now?", his breath fanning across my lips. "…mm-mm," was all I managed to squeak in reply, shaking my head a little. He smirked again.

 

"Good."

 

And with that, he tilted my face up and leaned in. I tried to focus on breathing as our lips collided. Everything was perfectly still, all I could hear was my own heartbeat. My hand reached up and rested on top of his. It was perfect. He pulled away and I felt my face going red again. Feeling self concious, I wrapped my arms around Lu Han's back and put my head on his chest. He responded by hugging my shoulders. "For the record, I don't actually think you're a ," I said quietly.

"So why did you say that?" he asked. I knew he was trying to get a confession out of me, so I stayed quiet. "…well?"

"You know the answer to that don't you?" I responded with a question. He lifted his head and patted my hair.

"So you don't think I'm creepy then?" he chided. I hugged him tighter.

"Not at all."

 

 

So...another kissy kissy chapter xDD I think I'm a little obsessed with writing kiss scenes because I have no love life of my own otl anyway, hope you're enjoying the story, silent readers please speak up!