Dance

Teach Me To Fall For You

*Kai's POV*

I was watching the gloomy sky from the window of my science classroom, marvelling at how the weather had changed so suddenly, when I was jolted back to reality by a loud thud. I looked up to see Lu Han staring at me, having just slammed his book down on my desk. "The lesson's over, airhead," he said blankly, turning back to his desk. I stood up and started packing away. "You've been really scatty lately," Lu Han remarked as he fell into step with me. "Scatty?"

"Scatty. You know-forgetting things, not looking where you're going, daydreaming...what's got into you?" he asked. I looked at him, bewildered-had I really been like that? I certainly didn't realise if I had. I shrugged at him and he rolled his eyes. "You're doing it now," he sighed. I huffed and rolled my eyes at Lu Han's bad mood. "I'm staying late to get some extra practice in, so I'll see you whenever," I said quickly, waving briefly before turning down to the changing rooms.

 

***

 

Once I had changed, I headed to the dance studios that I knew would be open late. I could hear loud, thumping music coming from the first one, so I pushed open the door of the second one and was about to walk through the second set of doors when I saw a pile of somebody's stuff on the floor. My gaze flicked up to the door, and I could see a figure in there. She was dancing with attitude, but her moves flowed and her posture was flawless. She spun and I could briefly see her face. It was Yasmin. I watched, in awe, for a while, until she eventually finished. Dropping my bag, I pushed open the door.

 

*Yasmin's POV*

I threw myself I to the last move of the dance, breathing heavily as the song finally finished. Suddenly, I heard clapping behind me. Spinning round, I saw Kai standing at the door, in his dance gear. He had a wide grin on his face. "Bravo," he said, walking up to me, "That was some dancing!" I blushed, embarrassed at being watched and being complemented. "Are you a stalker or something?" I quipped. He looked slightly embarrassed himself, shuffling. "I was hoping to get some practice done. There's someone in the other studio and I couldn't hear your music so I had no idea anyone was in here," he replied. I smiled. "Well that's ok then," I said, smirking. "...Was my dancing really that good?" I asked sheepishly. He grinned again and nodded. "There's just this one bit that I hate-it's just impossible for me! The footwork is so complicated and-argh," I grumbled, looking at the floor.

"Show me," Kai replied. I sighed and attempted the infamous move, shuffling my feet. That went fine, until I got to the spin. Finishing the shuffle, I went to spin and caught my foot, stumbling and having to break the spin to stop myself falling over. I huffed, knowing how ungraceful I must have looked. "Ahh," Kai said, "I've had to do moves like that before. This is how I figure them out," he attempted the move I had shown him, pulling it off seamlessly. "Did you see how I lifted my foot slightly?" he asked. I shook my head.

"Watch again," he said, dancing again. I saw how his foot was off the floor. He finished and smiled. "See?"

"Yes," I murmured.

"Then you try," he suggested. I tried lifting my foot, but it was no good. I stumbled again, falling out of shape and slamming my foot down. I huffed again. "It's no good! I can't do it," I cried. He stepped forward and put his hand on my shoulder. "Try again, but hold my shoulders," he suggested. My eyes widened at his suggestion, and I felt slightly embarrassed. I placed my hands gingerly on his shoulders and began the move. "Good, now when you spin, let go," he murmured. I listened, removing my hands as I spun. Suddenly, I stumbled mid-spin yet again, cursing as I carried on spinning. "Woah," I heard Kai say. I had spun 360 degrees by that point, and I lost control, falling forward. I squeezed my eyes shut, expecting to feel my face ht the floor, but instead I felt something else.

 

I opened my eyes to see a pair of eyes staring back. Kai had caugt me, his arms round my waist as I leaned on him. I went bright red when I realised how close our faces were; my nose was millimetres from his. He was smiling, and I noticed that he was inching his face closer, eyes sparkling. I snapped back to my senses, feeling overwhelmed with embarrassment. "Um," I mumbled, trying to stand back up. He got the message, releasing me. "I-I think I've done enough practice for tonight but thanks for the help," I stuttered hastily, walking past him and heading for the door. As I grabbed my things, I didn't look back, speeding down the corridor.

 

What the hell just happened? Did...did he just try to kiss me?