Tears

Teach Me To Fall For You
*Yasmin's POV*

I glanced across the room at Jikyoung and tried to get her eye contact. She was trying not to look because she knew she would laugh. Our haphazard science teacher never failed to amuse us, whether it was knocking over boxes or spelling mistakes. Today he'd managed to set light to a cup of wooden splints by sitting them too close to the Bunsen burner. He wasn't very good at playing off his mistakes either, which didn't help when we got the giggles. I looked at the clock, willing the lesson to be over before I got in trouble for laughing. Five minutes left. I forced myself to focus on the work and began scrawling down a conclusion to our experiment. I loved science, but it was the last lesson of the day and I had made arrangements to meet Kai after school. I heard my name and looked up to see Jikyoung. She'd drawn a stick man falling over on her hand, with an arrow pointing to the teacher. My hand went to my mouth and I tried not to laugh. Dorky Jikyoung at her best. "What's funny?" I looked round to see Lu Han staring weirdly at me.

"Jikyoung's being a dork," I said. He frowned.

"Jiky-oh, right," he broke off abruptly and looked back at his work. I stared at him, confused by his strange reaction, before shrugging it off. I knew how shy he was. Just then, I heard the bell go and flipped my book shut, dragging my bag out from under the table. I caught Jikyoung as we left the classroom.

"That was too funny!" she cried as we strode down the path.

"I can believe he manages to do something every lesson-" my voice cracked with laughter and I collapsed into another round of giggling. It was infectious and Jikyoung covered with her hand. We were still laughing as we got to Jikyoung's turning. She waved and turned down the road as I continued walking. I approached the place where I was to meet Kai and saw him waiting there. "You look happy," he remarked.

"Oh, I was laughing in science with Jikyoung. Mr Lee," I explained. Kai nodded, but he seemed distant. "Are you alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, just tired. Worked hard today," he replied. I nodded, remember that Kai had been rehearsing for a show off-curriculum. "Oh," I replied. He sighed, and I frowned. He still seemed off with me. "…Are you sure you're alright?" I asked again. He didn't reply. "Have I done something?"

"Yasmin..." Kai trailed off. I looked at him, confusion in my eyes. "What?" I asked. He sighed.

"I...I heard everything," he murmured.

"Everything about what?"

"Everything you said to Jeongmin," he replied. My eyes widened in shock.

"How?"

"Your phone must have called me in your pocket. I was going to-I should have hung up. But I heard shouting, and-it's really bad isn't it? I shouldn't have been listening in. I'm sorry," he said. I stared at him.

"It's fine," I replied, not sure what else I could say. He still looked sad. "Kai?" I murmured. He looked up, and I felt my heart strain at the despair in his eyes. "...What you said, about...are you scared of me?" he whispered.

"Scared of you?" I echoed.

"You said you were scared of being hurt...you said you can't love. Are you scared of me hurting you? Do you...will you ever...love me?"

I looked at Kai again. He was trying to be strong, but his eyes were glistening with tears. I didn't know what to say-his sadness was tangible. "Kai.." I whispered, my voice breaking with tears. I flung my arms around him and buried my face in his shoulder. He didn't respond, and I felt terrible. "I'm sorry," I sobbed, hugging him tighter. "I can't believe that he would treat you like that. The amount of pain he's casued you, it…" he trailed off, and I felt his shoulders quiver as he stopped fighting and cried too. He wound his arms around my waist and leaned his head on mine. "I'm sorry," I said again. "I know you won't hurt me, I never thought you would. You're different to the others. Don't ever think that I'm scared of you. And...I do love you." He pulled up and looked at me, and I could see he'd been crying. "I'm trying hard to recover. It will take time, but I will. I do love you, Kai. It's just going to take a while for me to adjust to it again, since last time was…well. Don't doubt my feelings. Just...stick with me, yeah?" I smiled. He was staring into my eyes, and I couldn't tell what he was thinking. "Kai?...Say something, please," I pleaded. He my hair and leaned in, before placing a gentle kiss on my lips. "I'll wait. However long it takes," he whispered, his voice husky. I smiled and reached up to wipe the tears off his face, before resting my cheek on his chest. I could hear his heartbeat. "I'll stay with you now," I said.

"Good," he replied, my hair. 'Oh Kai,' I thought, 'I'm sorry. Please don't be upset. I love you.'