Nightmare

Teach Me To Fall For You

*Yasmin's POV*

I stared blankly at the screen as my music teacher explained something about major and minor. I never pay attention in lessons, especially not music. I had no partner today, she was ill, so I just sat there and thought to myself. The class began to fiddle around with their keyboards as the teacher finished his explanation. I hadn't heard a word of it, so I just stayed where I was. Suddenly, I heard the door click, and I looked up. To my horror, there was Oppa, standing at the door. "Jeongmin! Glad to see you've finally made it. There's a spare seat next to Yasmin, take that one," the teacher said. My stomach twisted in horror as Jeongmin wordlessly came towards me. I avoided eye contact as he sat down. My brain stopped processing, all I could do was sit there. I heard him shift next to me, and I plucked up the courage to look at him. Suddenly, he turned and silently placed a kiss on the bottom of my cheek. I was so shocked, I couldn't react. I just sat there in shock as he got up and left the classroom…

 

I awoke with a start, jolting up and hyperventilating. I felt smothered, and all I could see in the darkness of my room was the glowing numbers of my clock, showing 3:47am. My breathing slowed, but I hadn't recovered. I could feel the stubborn heat of tears behind my eyes, and I didn't hold them back. I felt the empty liquid rush down my cheeks as I tried to rub them away. It was no use; a combination of painful memories and anger at my own pathetic-ness sent me into another round of sobbing. I wanted to go back in time, and stop myself from meeting him in the first place. All the happy memories seemed insignificant; I would erase them all, if the pain would go with it. All the time I'd spent win him resulted in nothing but pain.

 

Every moment of joy, every moment of hope and content in just being with him was lost to all the times he let me down, all the time I waited for him. I told him that I would wait, as long as he didn't let me down. All the things he said came flooding back. All the almosts, all the maybes...all the times that he walked past me with his dumb friends and didn't even acknowledge me. How could he blank me after everything he'd said to me? The hours we had spent just talking, discussing films and school, when I discovered his nerdy side, all his little sarcastic jokes. The messages he'd send me on my birthday, or when I was ill. His little stupid nicknames and our in-jokes. Tears fell again as I thought of the time when I was upset at a party. Everyone cared except him, even the people that I had thought didn't like me. I walked past him in tears and he didn't even take a second look.

 

I should have noticed. I should have spotted the changes in his character. When he stopped calling me nicknames. When he spent every moment that I was around him with his friends. How each of his friends stopped talking to me. How even my friends stopped asking how things were between us. I was too blinded by love to notice, and that made me feel even more stupid. I slumped my head back on the pillow. I knew I'd be crying myself to sleep.

 

 

Annyeong, dibidibidibs here! Thank you for reading and subbing, I hope you're enjoying the story! Unfortunately, my iPod had broken, so I don't know when I'll be able to update again, since I don't often get to go on the computer and I usually update on my iPod. Stupid thing has a fit when I try to connect to the wifi now D: I'll try to be as fast as possible, but sorry in advance. Hwaiting!