Shock

Teach Me To Fall For You
*Yasmin's POV*

BEEP! I squinted as I opened my eyes to the sound of my alarm clock. Frowning, I remembered that it was Sunday. Why was my alarm clock set on a Sunday? I sighed, rolling over to check my phone. There was a message from Jikyoung, asking if I was ok after yesterday. I blushed furiously as I remembered the events of the previous day. 'I suppose I'd better reply,' I thought, typing out a brief response. I hit send, then I noticed the missed call symbol. Five missed calls from umma. I frowned. What could she want? "Oh I'd better call her," I grumbled to myself, dialling for her. She answered after a few rings. "Umma?"

"Yasmin! Finally, I've been trying to get through for hours!" she snapped. I sighed, rolling out of bed and heading for the bathroom. "Sorry, I fell asleep."

"Yah, never mind. I have some important news for you."

"What?" I asked as I rubbed my eyes with cold water. It was probably nothing interesting.

"Jeongmin is flying to Korea tomorrow, family wedding. He wants to see you." My jaw dropped and I nearly sent my phone crashing to the floor. "WHAT!?" I shrieked.

"Yah! Don't shout at me," she replied.

"I'm not seeing him," I said firmly. I heard a sigh on the other end of the line. "I'm not!" I exclaimed.

"You sound like a stroppy seven year old," my mother scolded me. "I think it would be good to see him," she said. I scoffed.

"Good? Really? I don't think so," I replied, feeling dread in my stomach at the though of seeing him. "Yasmin, you are too quick to dismiss things. Hear him out."

"No! Why should I?"

"Aish. I'm not talking to you when you're in this mood. Text me when you calm down," my mother said scornfully, before hanging up. I just stared at my phone in shock for a second, before slamming it down on the side of the sink and frantically splashing my face with icy water. There was no way I was seeing him. It felt like was just getting back into the idea of being with someone, and seeing him would only undo all my progress. I thought about it. Maybe I should tell Kai? No. It would worry him. And there was no way I could talk to Jikyoung, we weren't close enough yet. I sighed, dabbing my face angrily with a towel.

 

Once again, Oppa ruins everything.