Succumb

Teach Me To Fall For You

*Yasmin's POV*

Finally, the door opened. "Please let me in!" I cried, looking up at the person who had answered the door. I froze when I saw Lu Han standing there....and Kai was behind him.

 

*Kai's POV*

My heart leapt to my mouth when I saw Yasmin at the door.She was out of breath, her eyes tear-stained. She looked absolutely terrified, and her face became even more shocked when she saw me. Lu Han wasted no time, pulling her in and slamming the door shut. "What happened? Are you ok?" I cried. She couldn't speak, leaning against the wall. My heart filled with compassion for her; she looked so scared, I had never seen anyone look like that. "Come on," Lu Han murmured soothingly, leading her into the living room. "Sit down," he said. She sank into a beanbag wordlessly, her eyes fixed to the floor. Lu Han frowned, before disappearing out of the room.

I sat on the floor next to her. "What happened?" I asked again, softly. "I...Jikyoung...then this man, he thought-" she broke off, collapsing into tears. "Hey," I whispered, putting my arms round her. She clutched my arm, shaking as she sobbed feverently. "He thought I was a e. He said we could go to-he tried to-"

"Don't say it," I cut her off, rocking gently. I didn't want to hear any more of what he had done. "He's gone now, you're safe." Just then, Lu Han came back in, carrying a fluffy white blanket. He stopped and looked at us quizzically for a moment, before dropping the blanket by me. "Yasmin said something about Jikyoung. I think we should call her and let her know where Yasmin is," I suggested. Lu Han nodded. "I'm on it," he said, turning on his heel and heading to to phone in the hall. I peeled Yasmin off of me and picked up the blanket. "Is this your house?" She asked. I shook my head.

"No, it's Lu Han's flat," I replied. She sniffed.

"He didn't hurt you, did he?" I asked her, flicking the blanket over her back and beginning to wrap it around her.

 

"Oppa hurt me," she said suddenly, quietly. I stopped and looked at her.

"What?" I asked.

"He hurt me. Oppa," she began, before stopping, looking at the floor.

"Go on," I whispered, moving to I was sitting right beside her. She sighed and sniffed, taking a deep breath. "About two years ago. I had Oppa. I loved him, I thought he loved me. I mean-I know I was young and foolish, but...I...I really thought we would be forever. Then he just left. J-just like that, he didn't say why, he...just vanished. I haven't seen him since. I'm sorry, that's why I'm so weird. Oh, I sound so silly," she broke off, wiping away a tear that she had been fighting. I sighed, putting my arm around her. She sniffed, resting her head on my shoulder. "You're not weird. I had a feeling somebody had messed you around," I admitted. With that, she broke into a stream of tears that streaked her cheeks. "Hey, don't cry. I understand," I murmured I to her ear. She looked up at me and I saw a small smile. "Thanks," she replied. I smiled back, dusting the tears off her cheeks. "Here," I said as I wrapped the blanket tighter round her, "you can sleep if you want. We don't mind." She lay back into the beanbag and closed her eyes. "Thanks," she mumbled. I sat with her, watching her eyelids flicker. Oh Yasmin, I thought, her hair. Please don't be scared.

 

*Yasmin's POV*

My eyes flicked open as I swam into consciousness, trying to remember where I was. "You're awake," I heard a soft voice say. I looked over and saw Kai lying next to me. It all came flooding back; the creepy guy who thought I was a e; being chased down the street and running to the nearest house I could find; how it turned out to be Lu Han's, and how Kai was there. I sat upright, feeling the horrible sense of dread again. "Hey, hey it's ok," Kai murmured, sitting up and gently pushing me back down. My eyes welled up. "I...I was so scared," I faltered, holding back tears. Kai grabbed my hand and squeezed it gently, saying: "I know." The memory began to subside, and I relaxed and flopped back into the bean bag, fully aware of Kai still holding my hand. As I relaxed, I became aware of a gentle, rhythmic noise and looked at the window above me. "Oh," I said, "It's raining." Kai chucked as he said "it has been since you fell asleep!". I sighed.

 

"Where's Lu Han?" I asked.

"He went to get noodles," Kai replied, "he thought we could all eat them when you woke up." I smiled and shifted so I could see Kai better. He looked thoughtful. "Kai? Is something bothering you?" I asked. He looked at me and sighed. "I-Yasmin, can I ask you something?" he said softly. I nodded. "...Do you know how I feel about you?" my heart skipped a beat and I looked at him. His eyes were full of sincerity as he stared back at me. "Do you mean...like..." I trailed off.

"Yes, I mean like that. I...I think I love you, Yasmin," he whispered, looking down. I didn't know what to say, I just looked at him. My suspicions had been right all along. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything," he said, attempting to let go of my hand. "No," I murmured, not letting go.

 

His eyes flicked to our hands, then up to me. Nothing needed to be said. He moved closer, his breath on my face. I watched his lips as he leaned in, using his free hand to tip my chin up, before letting my eyes flutter shut. He drew our lips together gently, and my heart raced at the gentle embrace. He tasted sweet and slightly minty. I could still hear the rain outside, and it beat a soft tune on the glass above us. It was over in a second, a fleeting moment of magic. He leant his forehead against mine and smiled. I smiled back, closing my eyes again and enjoying the warmth of our moment of intimacy as we rubbed noses. We lay still for a bit, before I shifted and said: "Lu Han will be back soon, shall we go and get some bowls to eat from?"

"Ok."

 

...N'aww :3 I'm glad to finally be publishing this chapter, I wrote it ages ago and it's been sitting there as a hidden chapter for ages. Kekeke^^ Thanks for reading!