Trouble

Teach Me To Fall For You

*I'd just like to say that from now on there'll be POVs, I just wanted the first bit to be in third person so I could set the scene. Anyway, on with the story!*

 

*Yasmin's POV*

'Damn it,' I cursed under my breath as the Subway train pulled away a second before I could catch it. Pulling my jacket tighter around me, I glanced at the timetable. Five minutes. I stood for a moment, before noticing a group of boys a little further up the platform. I could hear their conversation: "Wow, look at that one! I'd have a go," I heard one say. They were looking at me. I shifted, feeling uncomfortable. As they started approaching me, my heart began to beat faster. They looked dodgy; grubby hoodies concealed their faces; they walked with an air of aggressiveness; they spoke crudely. I felt sick as one of the lifted his head and smirked at me.

 

"You alright darlin'? What's a fine one like you doin' out alone eh?" he said. I didn't know how to reply. "What, cat got your tongue love? Don't worry, I ain't gonna hurt ya," he said. His cronies chuckled. "Why you so quiet eh?" one of them said. Again, I said nothing. "We ain't violent sweetheart, I'm a gentleman. And you are fiiiiiine!" the leader said, taking a step closer to me and reaching his hand out to my face. "Don't touch me!" I exclaimed, slapping his hand away. When they saw this, his gang started ooh-ing and whistling. "Ooh feisty one you are!" the leader said, smirking again and moving closer, quicker this time. "Just how I like 'em!" I stepped backwards again, trying not to show how scared I was. "Don't touch me. I'm serious, I'll call the police, you'll go down for harass-"

"What's going on here?" a new voice said. I looked round to see a boy with glossy black hair, sharp features and glistening chocolate eyes. I vaguely recognised him. On seeing him, the gang turned round to eye him up. "Is this your pretty boy eh?" the leader said, turning back to me. I said nothing, my eyes drifting from him to the new boy, and back. "Do you know what this looks like to me? This looks like harrassment-and that's a criminal offence you know," the new boy said calmly, sweeping his gaze over the gang. "Oh yeah and what? You ain't got no evidence have ya?" one of the gang members replied.

 

"Oh I don't know, I suppose this girl would be happy to go to the police now and give them a statement. You don't wantthat do you? If I were you, I'd scuttle off back to my little corner sharpish." The gang looked at him as if they found it funny. "Oh pretty boy, you're a funny one, you really are," the leader said. "Go," the boy said sternly, stepping forward and levelling up to them with a glare. They started making dumb noises again, before walking away, mumbling and smirking, looking as though they had won. I glanced at the boy. "Thanks," I said. He looked at me and smiled, and I knew I'd seen him before. "It's alright, are you okay? They didn't do anything?" he replied, concerned. "Oh no, I'm fine-just a bit shaken up. You got here just in time," I quipped. He smiled. "I'm Kai," he said, extending his hand. I smiled and shook it. "Yasmin," I replied.

"Oh, are you the new girl at KJH? I thought I recognised you," he asked. I nodded. "You're in quite a few of my classes, I guess I should have introduced myself," he said sheepishly. I smiled warmly, telling him that it was alright, and I'd only been there for a day. Suddenly, I heard a swish, and looked round to see the subway train grinding to a stop. "This is my trIn, but it was nice to meet you! See you in school," I said, smiling again.

 

"Yeah, see you."