Beach

Teach Me To Fall For You

*Kai's POV*

"Wow, this is awesome!" Minhwa cried as we stepped out into the Busan sunlight. Buildings rose up all around us, people were milling about and the smell if the sea wafted up from the coast. We had just arrived and were looking for the hotel. "I think it's this way," Chanyeol was already striding down the road. I shrugged at Yasmin and followed him down the road. Sure enough, we were soon standing outside the Haeundae Tower hotel. "Welcome, can I take your names please?" the receptionist said. We gave her our details and before long we had found our rooms. "They're all near each other!" Lu Han said, grinning. I laughed. This was going to be such a great weekend.

 

*Yasmin's POV*

"Ooh," I breathed as I looked at the room in awe. The walls were white and the furniture was minimal but plush. The window opened onto the street we had just been on. "Isn't this great?" Minhwa asked. I nodded enthusiastically.

"This is a really good spot!" I replied, "The beach is only a short walk away-oh look! You can see the shipping port!" I pointed out towards a colourful jumble of containers in the distance. Minhwa joined me at the window. "Oh yeah," she said. "We should change, the boys will be over soon," I said, opening my case and pulling my swimsuit out and shirts out. Once we had changed, we packed our beach things and waited for the boys. It wasn't long before we heard a knock and were greeted by the boys. "It's this way!" Lu Han cried, running ahead of us like a child. I glanced at Jikyoung and saw that she was smiling to herself. I sidled over and nudged her arm. "What are you smiling at?" I asked. She looked away.

"Nothing…"

"You're blushing! Do you like Lu Han?"

"No! Why would you say th-"

"Come on! You can tell me. You do don't you!" A grin spread across my face. Jikyoung looked at the floor.

"Mmmm…" she squeaked in protest to my questions. I laughed.

"I guess that's a yes!"

 

The sea was glimmering in vivid blues under the sun as we got to the beach. I whipped off my shoes and ran out onto the sand. It was warm it enveloped my feet. "No time to waste, come on guys!" Kai overtook me, heading for the sea.

"Hey!" I cried, breaking into laughter as I ran after him. I could hear everyone behind us as they tried to catch us up. I dropped my bag on the sand as I gasped with laughter, trailing behind Kai. He turned and smirked, before running back and grabbing my hand. "Kai! I can't run that fast!" I exclaimed between my fits of laughter. I shrieked as my feet gave way and we both tumbled into the sand. "Yah!" Kai exclaimed as the rest of the group ran past us, kicking sand over us. I laughed. "Come on," Kai said as he stood up and pulled me up. We were about to run into the sea when I nudged him and said: "look." The rest of the group were already waist deep in the water, and Lu Han and Jikyoung were splashing each other, laughing hysterically. I grinned at Kai and he smirked. "Race you!" I cried suddenly, rushing off towards the sea. I just made it into the water as I felt Kai crash into my back and spin me round. I shrieked and splashed him, causing him to yelp and let go of me. I ducked away and ran towards Jikyoung. She spun and splashed me before shrieking: "look out!" I spun just in time to see Kai running towards me. He crashed into me and I squeezed my eyes shut, awaiting the collision with the water. I felt it close over my head and I pushed myself to the surface, gasping for air as I broke the water. Blinking the salty liquid out of my eyes, I stuck my tongue out at Kai above me. "Hey lovebirds!" Lu Han called. We both looked over and saw the other four standing on the sand with their cameras. Grinning, we got to our feet and headed over to take some pictures.

 

We spent a while in the sea, before we all decided to sit on the beach and dry off. Everyone had taken plenty of pictures and made memories already. "What should we do tonight?" Minhwa asked. I shrugged.

"Maybe we could get some food from the convenience store and eat it on the beach?"

"Let's have a bonfire!" Chanyeol exclaimed.

"Yeah!"

"That's sounds really cool!"

"It should be dark enough soon!"

We all chatted for a bit, before the boys decided to go and get food and bonfire supplies. I waited until they were out of earshot before turning to Jikyoung. "You looked like you were having fun with Lu Han earlier," I chided. She scowled at me, but I saw her cheeks go red.

"Come on Ji, it's obvious you like him," Minhwa added. Jikyoung sighed, her shoulders drooping in defeat.

"Guess I'm not that good at hiding it then," she murmured. I cried out and hugged her, dragging Minhwa into the hug.

"That's so cute! How long have you liked him?" Minhwa asked.

"About…a week?"

"And you didn't tell us!?"

"I was going to! I promise-"

"Don't worry about it, we guessed anyway," I smirked, sticking my tongue out. "So now it looks like it's just you who doesn't have a love interest," I probed, wiggling my eyebrows at Minhwa.

"What about Chanyeol?" Jikyoung said teasingly. Minhwa shot her a look, before bursting into laughter. It was infectious and we soon found ourselves lying in the sand laughing. Suddenly, Jikyoung stopped and sat up. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"Lu Han still thinks that I think he's creepy," she pouted. I frowned.

"How come?"

"I freaked out about the room thing and his quietness always put me on edge a bit," she replied.

"I'm sure it's fine," Minhwa said reassuringly, "just don't be awkward around him."

"But he's so shy! It's hard not to be awkward with someone so shy, especially since I…"

"Lu Han and Jikyoung sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-"

 

 

"We're back!" Lu Han called as the boys approached across the sand. I jumped up and helped them with the stuff, dragging the bag over to the group. "It's still light, I reckon we've got time before we need to start the fire…sea?" Minhwa suggested. I smirked and jumped up.

"Last one in the water's rotten egg!" I shrieked as I took off down the beach. It didn't take long for Kai to catch me up and he grabbed my waist, spinning me round. He had his arms round my waist and his lips curled into a smile as I put my hands on his shoulders. He moved in for a kiss but I leaned away. "Yah, not in front of everyone," I teased. He smirked and dragged me back before placing a peck on my lips. I stuck my tongue out at him but didn't move away. "You cheeky…" I teased. His eyes curved into crescents as he broke into laughter.

"Tsk, teenagers," I heard, and turned to see an adjumma watching us scornfully as she passed. I shot Kai a look and wriggled free of his grasp, diving into the water. The others had caught us up and joined us in the water. "Where's Chanyeol?" Kai asked.

"He's taking a call from Baekhyun. His father is beginning to recover so he's going to be back at school by Thursday," Lu Han replied. I nodded, remembering what Kai had told me about Baekhyun's father. He'd been taken ill the week before so Baekhyun had gone to be with him in hospital. He would have come to Busan with us otherwise. I looked around at the group and thought about how much my life had changed. In a couple of months, I'd moved to a new country, made new friends and even fallen in love again. I glanced at the sky and wondered what Jeongmin was doing. Whatever it was, I realised, it didn't matter to me. He had lost his grip on my emotions. I glanced at Kai and he smiled back. 'No,' I thought, 'Jeongmin doesn't matter anymore. I've got everyone I need right here.'