Pain

Teach Me To Fall For You

Sunlight flooded the bedroom as Yasmin pulled the curtains open and blinked sleepily into the sudden brightness. As she headed to the bathroom to shower, she caught sight of a photo on her desk. It was a few years old, of her, her Unnie, and her parents. Her heart dropped again. It was from around that time. Her body slumped as she painfully remembered that moment:

 

"Oppa," Yasmin grinned as she ran up to him and hugged him, plantig a kiss on his cheek. He hugged her back, but she couldn't help noticing he seemed a bit distant. "Oppa, what's wrong? Oppa?" she asked. He pushed her off gently. "Don't call me Oppa anymore," he said coldly. Her eyes widened in shock. "W…waeyo?" she murmured. He didn't answer. "…Op-ppa?"

"I said don't call me that!" he shouted. Yasmin gasped, shocked at his sudden outburst. His face softened. "I'm sorry, Yasmin," he whispered, and started to walk away. Tears filled her eyes and she ran after him, wrapping her arms around his waist. He stopped and pulled her off of him, saying nothing, and continued striding away. Yasmin watched, bewildered, as tears fell off her chin...

 

Yasmin snapped back to reality and continued to the bathroom, but she couldn't get him off her mind. Her Oppa. Her ex. The cheerful, happy-go-lucky boy whom everyone said looked like Ryeowook. The boy who had suddenly deserted her after two years together, with no explanation. The boy who, silly as it sounded, meant that Yasmin could no longer enjoy Super Junior, because everytime she saw Ryeowook, she cried. She knew how ridiculous it would sound to everyone that heard it, and that only made her more ashamed. He'd ruined her.

 

The worst thing, though, she thought to herself as she pulled the door shut behind her, was that she was scarred. Since he had left her, she had been approached by other boys, but she never let them get very close. She would keep them at arms length so that they couldn't hurt her. As she stood under the shower, brooding over everything and feeling rather sorry for herself, she let the water crash down on her. 'Will this ever stop?' she thought to herself. 'Will I ever love again?'