Unexpected

Teach Me To Fall For You

*Yasmin's POV*

I stretched as I walked down the pathway out of school, the evening sun on my back. It was a lovely evening, and I was looking forward to getting home so that I could get out of school mode. Just as I was walking towards the shortcut through the park, I heard a familiar voice. "Yasmin," Kai said, appearing at my side. I looked up at him and smiled. "Hi," I replied.

"How was your day?" he asked. I nodded.

"Good thanks," I replied, entering the park. The slop of grass to our right looked soft in the sunlight, and there was a mother and child playing on it. "Are you in a hurry?" Kai asked suddenly. I had been slightly, but for some reason I shook my head and asked why. "I don't know, I just thought, maybe we could sit for a while? Wait, that sounds weird," he faltered. I looked at him. "Oh no. Let's," I replied, pointing to a stretch of grass under a tree, "here?" he nodded. We sat down, and the smell of cut grass filled my nose. "The weather is so nice," Kai remarked, sitting down next to me. I felt slightly awkward being so close to him.

 

We talked for a while, about nothing in particular. "Ah, this is so nice!" I sighed, lying back in the grass. Kai chuckled, and lay back too. "Look! That cloud looks like a star!" I exclaimed, pointing up at the fluffy clouds drifting across the pink sky. "It does," Kai replied. I looked at him; he was smiling slightly. After a while of doing nothing, I noticed how dark it was getting. "It's late, I guess I should go now," I said, getting up and dusting off my uniform. He stood up too. "Well, it was nice spending time with you," he said, smiling. "Bye," I replied. He smiled again and stepped forward. Without warning, he hugged me softly. I didn't know how to react, so I just stood there until he pulled away. "Bye," He said, waving as he began to walk away. I stood and watched for a second, before turning and walking home hurriedly, feeling sadness well up.

 

Man, this chapter is short ¬.¬ sowwy. Anyhow, I hope you guys are enjoying, silent readers please speak up! Got plans for this story, just got to put them into practice now!