Chase

Teach Me To Fall For You

*Yasmin's POV*

I admired the scene from above, looking at the Cheonggyecheon in all its glory; children running up and down, trying to negotiate the stepping stones; the towering skyscrapers and bustling streets on either side; tourists taking photos as if their lives depended on it; the bubbling water tumbling down little waterfalls and weaving it's way down its carved path from the big statue that looked like a unicorn's horn. I had agreed to meet Jikyoung here, and we were going to see some of Seoul's best sites-the N-Seoul Tower, the Olympic Park, Myeongdong, and of course, one of the many Noraebang clubs. I was really excited, and I looked at my phone to check the time. 3:47. Ten minutes left. I wanted to be early, so I could look at the Cheonggyecheon before she arrived. I smiled as I watched a little girl running alongside the water, trying to catch up with it. "Excuse me," I heard an unfamiliar voice say behind me. I turned to see a man standing there.

 

"Are you Russian?" he said. I looked at him, confused. "Are you Russian?" he asked again. I widened my eyes as I finally remembered what Jikyoung told me-it was a phrase that was used to ask foreign women if they were es. "No," I said uneasily.

"Ahh, no you are Russian," he said, not understanding. I didn't think my Canadian features were that obvious. I shook my head feverently. "No, I am waiting for a friend," I replied.

"It's ok, I know," he said. I mentally facepalmed. Did he seriously think I was a e!?

"No, I am not one of them! I am waiting for a friend," I told him again, speaking slowly.

"No, do not worry. I will give you good money," he said. That was when it hit me-he wasn't just wondering, he wanted 'services'. My heart began to pound faster.

"I don't think you understand, I am not a e!" I exclaimed, hoping to attract the attention of somebody. It didn't.

"Do you want to go somewhere quieter? Do not worry sweet lady, we can go to DVD-Bang or something," he said. My eyes widened-I may not be completely Korean, but I certainly knew what that meant. "NO!" I cried, feeling even more scared. He took a step towards me and reached for my hand. "Come on, you are attracting attention!" he said threateningly. I stepped back, which made him angrier. "Come on!" he grabbed my wrist. I yelled, and, prying my wrist out of his grasp, turned and ran as fast as I could. "YAH! COME BACK HERE, LITTLE BRAT!" I heard him roar. I carried on running, swinging round the corner and pelting across the road, not caring about all the cars that had to stop for me. Blood was pounding in my ears as I hurtled down the road, knowing he was still after me. "Excuse me!" I shrieked, pushing through the people crowind the streets. I was so tired, but I knew I couldn't stop, because he would catch up. He was at least ten years older than me, so I figured that I would have to just keep running until he got tired and gave up. However, as I turned corner after corner, it soon became apparent that he was not going to give up any time soon.

 

I wasn't sure how far I had run, and my feet were hurting. My chest was closing up, and I knew that I couldn't keep running for much longer. I was now in a less central area, and I realised that there were houses and flats up ahead. If I could gain a bigger lead, then I hoped that I could knock on a door and that whoever was in there would let me in. It was risky, but I knew that it was my only chance. I gathered my last bit of strength and ran even faster, towards the streets ahead. He was a little further back now, and I rounded a corner, deciding to go for one of the buildings halfway up the street. I looked behind, and I couldn't see him, so I hurried to the door and banged frantically on it. "Somebody! Help me, please!" I cried, continuously pouncing the door. Please let there be someone in, I thought, as desperate tears escaped my eyes. "Please!" I cried again. I looked round, and I could see him now, he was approaching fast.

 

What do I do!?

 

 

Dun dun dun! Dramatic, kekeke^^ I hope you like the pretty pictures, I tried to make it a little more real, hopefully it worked. Hope you're enjoying the story!

 

Oh btw, DVD-Bang is described as 'a small room with wipe-clean sofas, tissues on hand and a large tv screen'....I'll let your undoubtedly erted minds figure that one out  XD