Lesson 1

Lyrics of the Heart

He took the shot easily, glancing across the table at Ryeowook. He had gotten himself stuck between Sungmin and Eunhyuk. He watched carefully as Ryeowook's face flushed after only a few shots of soju.

 

"Woah! You're a good drinker." Sungmin commented, pouring another glass for him. Yesung leaned back against his sofa as he watched Ryeowook's every move. He was thinking of ways to carry out what had been on his contract, but also break through Ryeowook's shell. He was certain he could do this by "teaching" Ryeowook how to be a maid.

 

"Where have you been the past two days? You usually come in even when you're given off." Kyuhyun mumbled, swishing the alcohol in his glass around. Yesung smiled, his eyes not leaving his employee who was now being interrogated with questions from his friends.

 

"This kid..." Yesung pointed at him, but wasn't given any attention. "I had to watch him. He's causing me trouble already."

 

Kyuhyun laughed, taking the shot, before nodding.

 

"That's usually how they are. Causing trouble at first until they learn." Yesung turned his head, wondering if they were really talking about the same thing? Kyuhyun was probably talking about Sungmin instead. Even as a couple, the two bickered a lot.

 

"Hey...I know tomorrow is the anniversary of..."

 

Yesung turned instantly, grabbing Kyuhyun to make him quiet instantly. He could already see Ryeowook looking at him from the corner of his eye. He sighed inwardly, already feeling the depressing feelings overwhelm him.

 

"Shut up right now, Cho Kyuhyun. I don't want to talk about that."

 

Kyuhyun nodded, he hadn't expected Yesung to react so quickly. He watched as Yesung stood up, walking to his room without another word.

 

Yesung paced inside his room, the alcohol had made him sensitive. Even as he heard his friends getting up to leave, he refused to go say goodbye. He just wanted to be alone, knowing that tomorrow wouldn't be easy. His mind was already locked onto his past memories. He huffed, punching his soft mattress.

 

"Yesung?" The voice was small, but loud enough to hear. He looked towards his door, not willing to say anything. Maybe he would decide to leave, because tonight and tomorrow, he definitely wasn't going to explain himself to anyone.

 

He glanced at his bed stand, opening the drawer instantly and pulling out the velvet box.

 

"Yesung?" He was surprised when he heard his door open. He instantly put the box away before turning to Ryeowook. Even as the kid seemed to curl under his suspicious eyes, he couldn't feel that angry. Even if he was invading his privacy.

 

"I'm sorry...I just...it seemed like you were upset. I wanted to know if you were ok?" His cheeks were still flushed from the alcohol. He bowed his head, hiding his eyes from Yesung's view.

 

"What? Are you going to offer me your comfort?"

 

He could see the boy flinch, he had obviously hit a nerve. He hadn't meant to be so harsh, but he felt a need to teach Ryeowook his first lesson. Then he realized how easily his mind was taken off of his past. He laughed bitterly, knowing that their hadn't been one person in the past to make him act like this.

 

"It's not that... I just wanted to be there... if you needed to talk, or anything." He talked as if he hadn't been offended. Yesung took long strides over to him, wrapping his arms around him. He could feel him stiffen, just as he always did when they touched. He could feel his heart beating like crazy too. He took a few strides backwards as well, closing the door.

 

"Yesung?" His voice sounded worried as it was a pitch higher than normal.

 

"You said you wanted to be here...were you lying?"

 

Ryeowook shook his head as Yesung turned the lights off. Even in the dark Yesung could see the surprise in his chocolate eyes.

 

"Yesung?"

"What? Are you sure you weren't lying?"

 

Yesung sighed, pushing Ryeowook gently backwards until they fell on the bed together. Ryeowook immediately pushed Yesung to the side, off of him.

 

"You were lying..."

 

Ryeowook shook his head, even as his eyes were closed. Yesung could tell he was nervous by the way he was breathing heavily. He climbed back onto Ryeowook, holding his arms down as he began to fight.

 

"I have your first lesson. Kim Ryeowook."

 

He leaned closer, their faces only centimeters apart. He smiled, his eyes locking onto Ryeowook's lips.

 

"The first lesson...is to always listen to your master."

 

 

 

He laid uncomfortably in Yesung's arms. It wasn't that being in the same bed wasn't comfortable or the warmth of Yesung's body wasn't welcomed. Instead, he felt as though he had let Yesung down. Yesung had looked so heartbroken and weak, even as he was being teased. He had really only wanted to be there for Yesung.

 

He turned, finally becoming brave enough to face Yesung who was now sleeping. The breath was coming out evenly. He touched the small strands of hair that were disheveled due to sleep. He could only think of the words Yesung had told him earlier.

 

 

::Flashback::

"The first lesson...is to always listen to your master."

 

Their lips had been so close, and the way Yesung stared at him scared him a little bit. He closed his eyes tightly, knowing he couldn't fight if Yesung wanted to defile him. After all, Yesung had gotten him away from that disgusting lifestyle...the one that he had only known about until now.

 

He was surprised when he heard laughter and then the body lifted off of him. Yesung's arm was still tightly around his waist though.

 

"Just stay like this for tonight."

::End::

 

He felt so relieved when Yesung wasn't willing to take advantage of him. Tears sprung to his eyes when he thought about it.

 

"Shh...why are you crying? Go to sleep."

 

Yesung pulled him closer, his face digging into Yesung's t-shirt. He could feel the warmth and the care even through Yesung's sleepy voice.