It Can Only Be You

Lyrics of the Heart

He could barely feel the pain and could only smile when he saw Ryeowook. How he managed to stay awake was beyond him. He felt relief and happiness and even sadness flood into him. It felt as though he might break if he moved, but he moved anyway. He gently took Ryeowook's arm, staring into his eyes all this while.

 

He was already crying. But he was looking at him. Nothing had changed. Ryeowook still believed in him. He sighed weakly, closing his eyes as he started to feel the pain more and more.

 

"Ryeowook...Wookie, I should explain."

 

Ryeowook shook his head, unable to speak as more tears flooded down his face. Yesung moaned, closing his eyes tightly, but he could feel Ryeowook's worried hand holding his.

 

"I did tell your mom that I never wanted her to see you. I did that, only because she refused to meet you at first." He opened his eyes slightly to see Ryeowook's reaction but another wave of pain hit him.

 

"It doesn't matter"

 

"I was angry at her, for denying to meet her own son. You understand, right?"

 

He could tell his own voice was losing power and he couldn't open his eyes anymore. He could only feel Ryeowook's hand tightly holding on.

 

"Hyung...hyung. Please stop talking. Manager-Manager is calling the hospital." Yesung shook his head slowly.

 

"I'll be fine, Wookie. I'm not willing to lose you so easily." He tried to smile, wishing he could see the blush that was sure to be on Ryeowook's cheeks.

 

"Yesungie?"

 

It was strange that it was the first time. Ryeowook called him very informally, but he felt happy. Especially when he could feel Ryeowook's body next to his, and an arm gently hold on to his shirt.

 

"Are you still crying?"

 

There was a moment of silence, letting him know Ryeowook was. He let out a weak laugh although he could hear the sound of an ambulance along with other people's voices close by.

 

"Yesung!" A loud shriek filled his eyes, followed by a few more. He didn't care though, because he had everything he needed. Everything he needed was in his arms.

 

He couldn't stop crying. Seeing Yesung so calm even though glass shards were everywhere, and blood was pouring out...he felt awful. He knew it was his fault. His fault that Yesung had gotten into this accident.

 

What was even worse was how each and every girl who had witnessed his accident seemed to be fans of Yesung. They glared at him, cursing at him and even lunging at him. Even as one of Yesung's managers tried to lead him to a van, he was grabbed and pushed. Soon enough, security had to be around all the managers and himself before they could leave for the hospital.

 

"Ryeowook, don't worry too much. Yesung is tough and he seemed to be doing just fine." Ryeowook nodded slowly, keeping his head down. He felt sick. Sick to the point that he wanted to throw up. Everything that went wrong was his fault. If only he had kept a little faith in Yesung, maybe this wouldn't have happened.

 

"My mom...what happened to her?"

 

There was a moment of silence, forcing Ryeowook to raise his head. The manager was shaking his head.

 

"They got away, you'll probably be questioned about the accident soon enough."

 

Ryeowook nodded, feeling a new rush of guilt. If he was to be questioned, that would be condemning his own mother to prison. However, it would be the right thing to do. He felt lost and wanted Yesung.

 

"Is it true? That she sold me...that she forced me into the..."

 

"It's true."

 

Ryeowook bowed his head again, feeling upset. The one person he had wanted to meet again had been the person to throw him away. How was any of that fair?

 

Why had he wasted his time, and Yesung's time trying to find a woman who never wanted to see him.

 

He was surprised when a familiar book was placed so that he could see it. He grabbed it, staring at the front of it in surprise.

 

"How?..."

 

"Yesung. He found it when you left it in the studio one day. I had always thought it was his, but he never asked to use any of the amazing content. I found that he was saving it."

 

Ryeowook held the book tightly to him, realizing it was like a spinning compass. It was pointing him in the direction he needed to go.