Surprise

Lyrics of the Heart

He couldn't help but to let the smile spread across his face as he walked around the large arena. Besides the fact that he would be performing in front of his fans, a new and strange feeling was invading his chest. He spun slowly, staring up at the ceiling of the well built stadium. He had only performed here once before, causing his excitement to rise.

 

He glanced at his friends who had been following him, staring at him as he seemed to check out every part of the stadium. The stage was amazing, split into 4 different stages. It left a lot of places where he could pop up during the concert, and he liked the element of surprise.

 

"He's strange." Sungmin commented to Kyuhyun. Yesung only shrugged his shoulders before going back on stage where his manager handed him a microphone. It was his microphone. The one he always used and took just about everywhere with him.

 

"So, what happened? There is no way you are this happy without anything happening."

 

His manager stared at him, expecting an answer. Yesung shrugged his shoulders before going to sit at the edge of the stage. He waited for the familiar melody to start playing, invading his ears. He swayed, his voice starting to follow the melody to one of his favorite songs.

 

After the melody faded, ending the song. He gave his microphone back to his manager before walking towards the backstage.

 

"If he makes you that happy, why don't you invite him to the concert?" Yesung turned, looking at his manager who was holding a ticket towards him. He had never thought about. He had never thought about asking Ryeowook to watch him perform. He took a deep breath, taking the ticket.

 

"I'm going home. I'll see you tomorrow." Yesung picked his things up, leaving without any problem. However, when he sat in his car he couldn't stop thinking about Ryeowook. Could he really ask him to go? Would he want to go? Would he be able to sing, knowing that Ryeowook was in the audience?

 

He shook his head. Of course he would be able to sing. It wasn't like he was in love with the kid. He had no reason to be nervous. Event though he thought about it, he was still getting nervous. Even as he walked into his own home, he felt strange.

 

"Yesung-shi!" Ryeowook bowed with a greeting. He even allowed Ryeowook to take his things from him. "Come here!"

 

Ryeowook pulled him into the kitchen, staring at a small cardboard box. He stared at Ryeowook instead though. The soft brown hair and his perfect eyes. He sighed inwardly, wondering when he started to have a soft spot for him.

 

"Isn't it cute? Yesung-shi?"

 

He nodded, but was quickly snapped out of his thoughts when he felt something soft brush against his hand. He looked down to find Ryeowook's hand gently holding onto his. He took a deep breath, staring at their connected hands.

 

"Can we keep it?"

"Eh?"

 

He was confused, and quickly looked at what Ryeowook had been looking at.

 

He couldn't believe what he had found. He had just wanted to take a walk outside Yesung's house, but he never would have expected to find an abandoned puppy. It looked only a few weeks old, with it's black fur matted and wet. He decided he couldn't leave the poor thing outside.

 

"I...I don't know. I don't think we should keep him."

 

Yesung seemed strange ever since he walked in. The way he was staring into space. It made him wonder if something had happened at work. In any case, he was determined to make Yesung keep this precious ball of fur.

 

"Please! I'll take care of him! Look, isn't he soo cute!"

"Yeah...he's cute."

 

Yesung nodded, his head dropping slightly. Ryeowook picked the puppy up, placing him right in front of Yesung's face.

 

"He's so little! Can't we give him a home? You gave me a home when I had been abandoned!"

 

Ryeowook pouted, catching Yesung's full attention. He stared with wide-eyes, before nodding.

 

"You can keep him!" Yesung stated before hiccuping. He turned around, most likely to go to his room.

 

"Oh, uh...here is a ticket to the concert if you would like to go tomorrow." He placed the ticket onto the kitchen counter as he continued to hiccup. Ryeowook gently placed the puppy back in the box before hugging Yesung tightly. He had always wanted to go to a concert.

 

He had received two big surprises today. He was allowed to keep the puppy and he had been given a ticket to a concert. He never expected to be treated so well, but he owed Yesung so much.