Vandalism

Lyrics of the Heart

He never thought he would be so nervous. Not when he had stood on stage after stage without a single fear in front of him. He lived to sing. He loved every minute of it, and nothing could terrify him. However, it was different. He had many concerts like this, where he shared the stage with his friends. There were also plenty where he was completely alone, but even now he felt nervous.

 

For the first time ever, his hands were sweating and his heart was beating fast. As his friend's song faded and he knew he was the last one to present himself to the fans. He took a deep, calming breath before stepping onto the lift. In an instant he was on top, able to see the fans that surrounded him.

 

Even as he sang, he could feel his heart beat irregularly. He walked slowly, trying to see into the crowd. The lights that were shining at him were bright. He could hardly see anyone at all.

 

He finally made it to the front of the stage, his voice filling the entire concert hall as he began his second song. He looked out at the huge crowd that had been brought to their feet since the beginning. He was quite surprised when he found someone familiar smiling at him from the middle. That someone was the cause of his nervousness, but he felt unbelievably happy.

 

He winked slightly, letting Ryeowook know that he saw him, but that didn't stop the fans from screaming in joy. He let his voice grow stronger, even forgetting that he was staring at Ryeowook.

 

He sang his heart out, almost forgetting that he was in front of a lot of fans in stead of Ryeowook.

 

The concert ended with a few random songs that they all sang together as one and finally the final bows. As soon as he left the stage, he felt the uneasiness return. He was excited to return home. He could feel himself trying to hurry through all the end of the night details.

 

He said a quick good night to his friends, ignoring the taunts that they threw in his direction. Usually he was the last one to leave, but tonight he had a reason to go home early. That was until he received a phone call.

 

"Yesung, I just found good news. Mrs. Kim is returning to Korea. Tonight. Her plane should be arriving in half an hour." Leeteuk's phone call was more than just unexpected. He hesitated, wondering if he should go home right away or not give up this chance. He decided not to give up the chance to meet Ryeowook's mother.

 

He raced to the airport, making sure he wouldn't miss Mrs. Kim. He waited for her, hoping that she would hurry. He wanted to be home too. He wanted to give Ryeowook great news even if that meant...

 

He took a step forward, glancing at the picture on his phone and then at the woman who was walking out of the gate.

 

"Mrs. Kim?"

 

The woman turned, her narrowed eyes digging into his as if she was trying to remember who he was. He bowed politely.

 

"Do I know you?"

"No."

"Then you have the wrong person."

"No. There is something I need to ask you."

 

The woman hesitated, before nodding.

 

"Make it quick. I don't have a lot of time."

"You had a son, didn't you?"

"..."

"A son. Kim Ryeowook?"

 

The woman's eyes widened in surprise but then quickly started walking away.

 

"Wait! Please...he really wants to meet you. Can't you..."

"No!"

"What?"

"I never want to see him again. Never confront me again or else I'll...I'll..."

 

The woman didn't continue, but rather ran out, leaving Yesung to stare after her.

 

He didn't come back right away. That's what made him nervous. Even after a couple hours, it seemed strange that he wouldn't return. He never said anything about being late, but maybe this was how things usually were?

 

He wanted to congratulate him. His concert had been completely successful. He was also able to see Yesung's full talent. He never thought that Yesung was so capable. It never occurred to him that Yesung was a professional. Yesung was famous. He felt pride to know a man like Yesung.

 

He waited so long, that eventually he fell asleep on the couch.

 

"Ryeowook. You'll catch a cold if you sleep here."

 

The velvet, husky voice invaded his sleep. His eyes fluttered open, instantly realizing that his 'master' was finally home.

 

"Oh. I'm sorry, I fell asleep while waiting for you. Are you hungry? Do you need anything?"

 

He tried to get up, which is when he realized that Yesung was basically laying on top of him. His body weight kept him from moving anywhere.

 

"Mm...I don't want anything."

 

The hazy look, and the smell of alcohol caught Ryeowook's attention.

 

"Are you...are you drunk?"

"What if I am?"

"Yesung? Can I go to sleep?"

 

Yesung stared at him for a moment, his lips forming into a thin line.

 

"Can't we stay like this?"

 

Yesung dropped his head even closer. Ryeowook panicked, pushing Yesung off of him and off the couch.

 

"Please...I'll help you to bed."

 

Yesung shook his head, standing.

 

"No. Can't I sleep with you?"

"What?!?!"

 

Yesung smiled, swaying.

 

"What? You don't like me? You can't give yourself up to me?"

 

Ryeowook's eyes widened before he tried walking away. Yesung quickly grabbed him tightly, holding him. He refused to let him leave this easily.

 

"Stop!"

 

Ryeowook yelled and pushed Yesung's arms off of him, causing Yesung to fall to the ground.

 

"Can't you let me be the one to take care of you? Can't you give up everything else for me?!?"

 

Ryeowook hesitated at his bedroom door, surprised at the sudden outburst. He then entered his bedroom, locking the door behind him.