HeartBroke

Lyrics of the Heart

He couldn't move. He felt weak as he looked like an idiot. He didn't care about the people who passed him, or the words they whispered about him. He was on all fours, in the middle of the hotel hallway. He couldn't believe that he had lost him. He had lost Ryeowook so easily.

 

He shut his eyes, holding in the anger and the tears that wanted to spill out. He wanted to run after his love, but he knew that Ryeowook probably wouldn't understand him.

 

"Yesung?" His manager finally came out of the room, pulling on his arm.

 

"What happened? Where is Ryeowook?"

 

Yesung slowly got to his feet, backing himself into the wall. He couldn't see anything, the only thing he could see were the tears and Ryeowook's face before he left. He closed his eyes again, shaking his head.

 

"Yesung! Ryeowook-shi! Where is he?"

 

"He's...gone."

"What?"

 

Yesung turned away, weakly walking down the hallway as he thought about Ryeowook. About the love they had shared. About everything. He felt so much hatred towards the woman who took him away. The woman who will only treat him with hatred and anger. He shook his head thinking about it. He knew he should stop them. He should run after them.

 

What would be the point? Legally, his mother would have the rights to take him away. What if Ryeowook wouldn't even look at him? He stopped walking when he barely realized that someone stepped in front of him. It was his manager.

 

"What are you doing? Shouldn't you go after him?"

 

He shook his head, trying to move past him. He was quickly stopped.

 

"I'm too tired. I'm tired of running after people that I love. Why do they all leave?"

 

"He deserves to be chased. You two...you were meant to be together."

 

He looked at his manager, finding that he was holding out a book. One that he hadn't seen in years. He took it, looking at his manager.

 

"When you started at the company, before your debut...you left it. I was going to give it back, but this book...it has pure talent in it. At first I wondered why you never asked to use any of it. Then I realized you were saving it. You were saving it for Kim Ryeowook."

 

Yesung's eyes widened, looking down at the book. 김려욱. It was his name. Ryeowook was the owner of this book. He shook his head, not believing it.

 

"You remember now, right? You understand that you two...you need each other?"

 

Yesung couldn't answer, but rather dropped his luggage except for his backpack. He ran as fast as he could down the stairs hoping to catch up to the man who knew was probably long gone.

 

He was sure something wasn't right. He was still upset, hearing what his mother had to say. But wasn't it wrong to leave the person who saved him and did so much for him? He was sure that he couldn't leave things this way.

 

"Omma...I think this is wrong. Yesung, I don't think he would do that. Are you sure? Are you sure he said that he didn't want me to see you?"

 

"I'm sure honey, now lets hurry. I have somewhere...I mean someone I want you to meet."

 

Ryeowook hesitated for a moment, glancing back at the hotel.

 

"Can't I talk to him for a few minutes?"

 

He stopped walking, forcing his mother to stop too. She shook her head, trying to pull him.

 

"Baby, I don't have time for this. I told someone about you, they really want to meet you."

 

He sighed, starting to follow her again. He was surprised that she owned such a large white van. It reminded him of the vans that Yesung and his friends would sometimes ride in for the concert. He bowed his head, realizing he might never see Yesung again.

 

"Get in honey." His mother said, opening the back door. He glanced backwards before stepping up into the van. He nearly screamed when he was grabbed immediately, a hand over his mouth.

 

"Don't scream."

 

A rough voice whispered into his ear. He was held tightly, trying to shake the man who grabbed him off.

 

"Sorry Wookie, but you should have listened to Yesung. It's too late now. Let's go." His mother talked to him and then to the driver, who quickly whipped out of the parking spot.

 

Ryeowook kept shaking, trying to loosen the hands that were tightly around him.

 

"This idiot...run him over."

 

Ryeowook stopped, trying to look at who his mother was talking about. He was surprised to see Yesung running towards the van, obviously in the way of the van leaving. However, the driver hesitated. Not daring to run over him.

 

"What are you doing? GO!" His mother screamed, pushing her own foot down on the gas petal. Ryeowook screamed loudly, taking the chance to bite down on the man's hand. It was too late though. Yesung had been hit and thrown to the side. Ryeowook elbowed the man's head as hard as possible before scattering towards the exit of the van and jumping out. He didn't hesitate to run around the van, finding glass and blood everywhere.