Bitter

Lyrics of the Heart

They were rehearsing again, the same routine as the day before. It would be their last practice before the final rehearsal on stage. It was hard to believe that the concert was two days away. He was in an awful mood as he sang angrily. His friends knew to stay quiet on the subject, but that didn't stop them from looking at him.

 

"You know, it would be best for you to just forget it. She did horrible things to you, so you have a right to be angry, but it also means that she doesn't deserve you. Also, you don't deserve to be upset over her. It's been a year..." Kyuhyun jumped at him as they paused between songs. Everyone seemed to watch them, wondering how Kyuhyun's outburst would go.

 

Yesung gave his friend a long hard stare before turning towards the door. It would be best if he left the room for a little bit. It was obvious that his mood was affecting everyone. He didn't take three steps before he was turned to face his friend again.

 

"It's obvious that there is something between you and Ryeowook, why don't you let him help you forget about her?"

 

He would be lieing if he said that he hadn't thought about it. To have someone like Ryeowook take care of him for the rest of his life, he would be satisfied. He knew he didn't love her anymore either...but it was the fact that it had hurt so much. She had hurt him...and that if she hadn't, he might be celebrating his anniversary now.

 

"Can't I be angry for just one day? Just one day...and it will all be over." Yesung pushed his friends hands off of him before leaving the room. He walked towards the balcony, but stopped halfway.

 

"Ryeowook?"

 

The kid was standing still, watching him as he held a lunchbox in his hands. It was already past lunch time, which confused him the most. He couldn't say a word, noticing how embarrassed he looked.

 

"I...I wasn't sure if I should come or not. You left this morning without eating breakfast though...so I thought..."

 

His voice trailed off, his cheeks turning bright red. Yesung smiled, the anger melting instantly. He didn't say a word as he grabbed Ryeowook's hand and pulling him along to the balcony before his friends caught him outside.

 

He couldn't explain the way he felt when he knew Ryeowook had come here for him. Even as he ate the delicious food, he could only stare at his blushing cheeks. He didn't even care that he just ate a little over an hour ago.

 

"So, are you ok now? You look tired. Why were you angry. Oh! If you don't want to tell me..."

"You ask too many questions."

 

Yesung leaned back, patting his stomach from all the food that he inhaled. Ryeowook pouted.

 

"The food was great...thank you."

 

He glanced at Yesung, his eyes smiling.

 

Something wasn't right. He could at least figure that out. He knew Yesung to be a very kind person, or at least that is what his personality seemed to portray. Last night had been strange to him, to see him burst out. Even the teasing he received seemed to be a little harsh.

 

He didn't mind though. If teasing helped Yesung feel better, then he would gladly take all of it.

 

He played with his fingers, thinking back to how he had come to be here. The first thought he had that morning was to make lunch for Yesung, because his 'master' had left the house without eating and he had been drinking the night before. However, after he finished, he sat around wondering if it was really ok to enter Yesung's company. That is why the lunchbox had been so late.

 

"You know...I wasn't in a very good mood." Yesung was staring at the sky as he spoke. "I wasn't...until you came."

 

Ryeowook stayed silent, swallowing at the words.

 

"Anyway...I have to get back. Do you want to stay until I finish?"

 

Ryeowook hesitated, but then nodded. After all, he needed to listen to his 'master' and he was really interested to see what it was like to be a part of the company and use a studio. He followed closely behind Yesung where he was quickly surrounded by the same friends as the night before.

 

Finishing up practice didn't take long at all, to Ryeowook it seemed to go by too fast. He didn't want to leave.

 

The ride home was silent, as Yesung seemed to have slipped into another bad mood.

 

"I'll make dinner right away!" Ryeowook bowed, running into the kitchen as Yesung disappeared into his room. He just started to make the side dishes when Yesung reappeared, he had showered and changed into fresh clothes. The strong smell of soap and deoderant caused Ryeowook to stare at him for a moment. He became nervous when Yesung met his eyes, causing him to hurrily return to what he had been doing.

 

"You know...Kim Ryeowook. Usually only lovers would bring lunchboxes to the studio." Yesung moved into the kitchen, standing behind Ryeowook.

 

"O-oh. Really? I'm sorry. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to do..."

 

Yesung sighed, his hands reaching out to find Ryeowook's hips and pull him into a hug.

 

"Do you love me? Kim Ryeowook?"

"Y-Yesung?"

 

He turned, only to be faced with their bodies being pressed together.

 

"No...not Yesung."

"M-master?!?"

 

Yesung smiled, nodding his head.

 

"So, Ryeowook. Do you love me?"