Five Years To The Future

Lyrics of the Heart

Yesung frustratingly fell back onto his bed. An entire year. He had debuted for an entire year yet. He was happy and yet something just wasn't right. He wanted more. There was something missing from his life and he couldn't point it out. He frustratingly struggled to his feet again. It had been a long day, with an entire fan meeting that he had to run by himself...and then he had to go to his friend's concert afterwards.

 

He rubbed his head, wondering why he wasn't tired. He also wondered how he had gotten his managers to leave him alone for the entire night. It let his mind think of ways to get into trouble. He thought about what there was available to do around his apartment. He gave it a short thought before grabbing his black zip-up hoodie and a face mask. He put both on before strolling over to his large tank where his new pet was being lazy.

 

"Ddangkoma" Yesung waved his finger in front of the glass before quickly dropping a little bit of food into the tank. He then strolled out of his apartment, making sure his disguise was perfect.

 

He strolled along the streets, the night markets being popular at this time. The streets were crawling with a large amount of people. He paused outside a club. He hadn't been to one for several years, but nothing interested him into going inside now. He was about to move further along when a young man was pushed outside from the employee door.

 

"Again! Again you managed to frustrate costumers. If you manage to do it one more time, I'll throw you out onto the street for good. Do you need to be retrained?"

 

The young man was being scolded by an elder, greasy looking man. Yesung took a small step closer. The kid was maybe a few years younger than him, but seemed like he was dead inside. He didn't even respond to the man's words. He only kneeled onto the hard concrete, his eyes unable to lift to the older man even as he retreated.

 

Yesung stared at the kid for awhile, swearing he had seen him somewhere before. He stepped forward, unable to resist helping the kid to his feet. However, he never expected the kid to push his arm out of his grasp. Suddenly, there was a fire in his eyes that he only saw a few people have before. He could only stare into those eyes, bewildered.

 

The kid didn't say anything as he walked back into the employee entrance. Yesung wanted to go after him, but wasn't sure of how the kid would react. He decided to take it the safe way and go inside the club. It was dark and smoky, making it easy for him to take off part of his disguise. He went to the desk where a bartender quickly smiled at him.

 

"What can I get you?" The woman asked, winking at him. Yesung ignored her for a moment, before leaning forward.

 

"You have a kid here? Cheek length hair, and looks pretty young. What does he do?"

 

The woman gave him a glance, no longer showing her charm towards him.

 

"He is a host." She explained before walking away to attend to another. Yesung shook his head. That boy was a host? Why would a kid like him...

 

He decided to not wait for an answer. He got up and walked upstairs where a bouncer stood on one side and an older woman blocked the rest of the hallway.

 

"Hi sir! Do you need a host for the night?" The woman smiled, expecting an obvious answer.

 

"Where is the young boy, with the medium-length hair?" Yesung asked immediately. The woman continued to smile.

 

"Ah, is that your preference? Please follow me, then." The woman misunderstood him, but he couldn't do anything but to follow. She opened up the last room for him, inviting him inside.

 

"He will be in shortly."

 

 

He heard the door open, and the sound of the usual woman. He wondered what sick bastard was here now. Why did he have to serve others? Why did he have to stay here? Why did he take orders when he could go do anything else. He was strong...he could do it. If only the Seoul streets weren't so rough. If only he hadn't nearly died the last time he had tried.

 

He glared at the mirror for a second, wanting to break the thin glass. However, if he did that, it would be several more years before he was able to raise enough money to get out of this god forsaken place. He de-robed himself before opening the door into the larger bedroom.

 

He didn't care about the man who was now sitting on the bed, so he avoided any kind of eye-contact as he walked towards the stripper pole. His normal routine. Only the basics, because he didn't dare go further than that.

 

He was surprised when he found that the man stopped him, pulling him away from the pole. He pushed the man away, fear striking him in an instant. He didn't like to be attacked like this, and a few guests had gotten close to him.

 

"Don't do it! Don't do this! I just want to talk to you." The voice was deep, and yet lovely in a way. He looked up, finding that it was the man that had been in the streets only a few minutes ago. He quickly hardened his features as he stared at the man. He couldn't disappoint this guest, or he really would be out on the streets again. And that meant death.

 

"Why?" The man looked over his almost form. He rolled his eyes, quickly going back to the door where he left his robe. He quickly tied it before glancing back at the man. He had thick black hair that was obviously styled. So he was either an entertainer or rich....maybe a businessman? The fully zippered hoodie was a hint to a disguise...a singer?

 

He stared at the man up and down. Wondering if this man could truly sing. He lowered his eyes, wishing his dream could have come true.

 

"Why is a young kid like you..." The man trailed off when their eyes met again.

 

"I have no other choice. I was forced into this lifestyle. If I leave this place...I die."

 

Ryeowook tried to explain his situation, blurting it out all of a sudden. He nearly hit himself when he realized what he was doing. He shouldn't do this. He could already see the horror forming on the man's face.

 

"If this is all you wanted...you should probably leave."

 

"NO!"

 

Ryeowook stared at him, surprised by his reaction.

 

"Work for me!?"