Hearing for the First Time

Lyrics of the Heart

Inspiration is really the only thing you need. To change your life, inspiration goes a long way. That is what Yesung felt when he heard the sound of a piano floating upwards while he had been trying to study. He had been in the training program for nearly a year, and yet he had never heard the sound of a piano like that.

 

"Do you like it, Yesung-shi?"

 

An older woman smiled at him, noticing that he was already distracted. He nodded at her, before turning his head back to where the music was coming from.

 

"Apparently it is a child genius who has been composing since he was five years old. Amazing, huh?" The woman explained as Yesung stared at nothing in particular.

 

"Can I go for a second? I promise I'll study hard when I get back."

 

The woman sighed, but was smiling.

 

"I knew you would get distracted. You have five minutes. If you aren't back, you are getting punished!" The woman warned before allowing him to run out. He ran down the steps enthusiastically towards the lobby where he remembered the large white Piano.

 

However, as soon as he ran into the room the music stopped. He could only watch as an older woman who he had never seen before grabbed a young boy's hand and pulled him away. Yesung made sure to burn the face into his mind. The small, chubby face of a young but cute boy. The boy disappeared from site. Yesung sighed, he had wanted to hear the melody for a little longer although it was already burned into his memory. He hummed the melody as he skipped over to the piano. He was surprised to find a small booklet left on the piano chair.

 

He picked it up. There was only one composition started in the book...not even finished. He closed the book, quickly reading the name that was on the front. "김려욱" Kim Ryeowook...the name rolled off of his tongue. He smiled, glancing at where the boy had disappeared before quickly going back to class.

 

"No! Stop!!" The young kid yelled at the man he didn't know. The man was hiding his face very well, his sunglasses, mask and baseball-cap making him unrecognizable. Ryeowook could only yell at the man to let him go and fuss as much as possible. He could only hope someone would help him. His mother had disappeared though, and his father was far off doing some kind of work.

 

"Let me go!"

 

Ryeowook used his last resort. Which was to kick the man's ankle. It worked..for about five seconds till the man was able to recover and grab him again. He cried as the man started dragging him away again. He looked back at the place where his mother had left him. He wondered why no one was helping him. The place seemed to be abandoned though, leaving it only up to him to get away from this scary man.

 

He risked to kick the man's ankle again and run away. This time he got a little further before he was tackled to the ground by the disgusting man.

 

He didn't have a chance to protect himself as the man's large hand came down, crashing onto his face. He felt the dizziness invade his head as he tried to focus. He tried to regain his full awareness, but it was lost again as the man's hand came down again...causing him to fall into a darkness and nightmare that he had never known before.