End of the Beginning

Lyrics of the Heart

He knew he hadn't deserved a lot of it. A lot of what he received from Yesung was unexpected and even after announcing his own feelings, it felt strange. That everything seemed right. That everything seemed like it was fate...

 

He couldn't deny his feelings though. His entire life he hadn't been able to say anything, to feel anything...but Yesung had changed all of that for him. Yesung, in more ways then one, was a miracle. Although he had doubted Yesung's intentions, wanted to believe his own mother...there wasn't a moment he thought that he didn't owe Yesung something.

 

Even now, he knew there was nothing that he could do. There was nothing he could do that would make Yesung happy. To make Yesung the person he used to be. This accident could never be taken back. It was his fault that everything had turned out the way it did.

 

"Ryeowook? You aren't going in?"

 

One of Yesung's manager's interrupted his own thoughts. He looked up feeling confused. Yesung was supposed to be in surgery. The manager sighed, taking a moment to sit beside him.

 

"Didn't you hear the doctor just now? Yesung is out of surgery!"

 

Ryeowook sat a little straighter, grabbing the manager's arms.

 

"Yesung...is he alright?"

 

The manager looked disappointed again, and he was quite shocked when he received a gentle knock to the head.

 

"You haven't been listening at all and were worrying from the start? Yesung is completely fine...idiot. He only had to go into surgery because of the glass shards, otherwise he totally avoided getting hit."

 

Ryeowook sighed, happy that Yesung wasn't badly hurt. It didn't ease his worried heart. He felt scared, but didn't miss the chance to see Yesung.

 

He was sleeping still by the time he entered the room alone. Yesung's skin was torn and cut from all the glass and even large bandages covered his skin. He sat down beside him, hesitantly holding a hand over his body. He was scared to touch something that looked so fragile. It was strange to see a man that he knew to be strong to now look weak in front of him.

 

He bowed his head, removing his hand.

 

"H-hyung. I know that everything was my fault. What happened to you was because of me. I thought that I should leave. That I should try to find my own way..."

 

He sobbed half way through, but was distracted when a hand grabbed his. He looked up to find Yesung reaching across the bed and grabbing his hand.

 

"You can't." His voice was clear and his eyes sincere. Ryeowook nodded in response.

 

"I know I can't. Even though I thought about it, I realize that I owe too much before I could ever think of leaving. I owe you my life, because you saved mine. So I can't leave you. I won't leave you. Even if you beg for me to leave you in the future, I won't be able to leave."

 

Yesung nodded, struggling to sit up. Ryeowook helped him, wondering if it was ok for him to sit up so soon? That didn't stop Yesung from hugging him tightly.

 

"Thank god...nothing happened to you."

 

 

 

Going back home was difficult. With the amount of fans that knew he would be leaving for Korea once again, and the fact that Yesung's existence had been made known to them made things hectic. He made sure to keep a very loving, but very protective eye on his lover.

 

Ryeowook stayed quiet, reverting to his shyness while he regretted the events that had occurred. Yesung did his best to make him stop thinking about them, but it wasn't as easy as he planned. He was happy when he was able to return home and only have to worry about one man and his happiness.

 

The events, however, made him think of his own past. What he had done wrong with Ryeowook...he wanted to change. So he wasted no time. The same day they arrived back, he forced his lover into his own bedroom. It wasn't going to be something easy, because it hadn't been something that was known.

 

He pulled out the piece of paper, which had been shredded apart for what seemed like weeks now. He held it out, watching Ryeowook's face.

 

"Isn't that...the contract?"

 

Yesung nodded, surprised when he saw Ryeowook hold back his own tears. He shook his head, not wanting him to misunderstand.

 

"You...you don't."

 

"Don't misunderstand! I want you forever, that is why I couldn't keep this contract anymore."