Figuring it Out

Lyrics of the Heart

He stared at his computer screen, reading the simple email he had received from Leeteuk and KangIn over and over again. It was confusing yet it wasn't. It was strange that he actually recognized the place in which they explained the woman was staying. It was in a hotel, the same hotel that her husband ran. That wasn't the confusing part. The confusing part was that the woman seemed to have a boy already staying with her, under the name 'Kim Ryeowook'.

 

He shook his head, standing up as he thought about this new information. Was it just a coincidence? Was this really his mother? If it was his mother, was she under the impression that this boy was really her son or did she know it wasn't? There were so many questions in his head, but he worried about Ryeowook getting hurt because of this.

 

He decided that the next time he went to Japan he would figure it out or he would wait for Leeteuk and KangIn to figure it out. For now, he would let Ryeowook be happy. There was no need to uselessly worry him. He shut his laptop before leaving his room. He was surprised when all the lights were still on and he could hear someone moving in the kitchen. He could have sworn Ryeowook went to bed hours ago.

 

He creeped into the kitchen, watching Ryeowook as he moved around the kitchen as if he had been living in this house for years. He was happy the boy could feel as if this was his home, but was surprised by how well he knew it already. He was about to call his name, but figured it wasn't the best idea. If he startled him, who knew what disaster could come down on them.

 

It didn't help that earlier it seemed that Ryeowook had gotten mad at him because of his teasing. He had just been joking, but the kid had become flustered. Yesung had never seen his red, angry face before. It surprised him how quiet Ryeowook was the rest of dinner before he went straight to his room.

 

"AH!"

 

He heard a small 'puff' causing him to snap out of his thoughts. He held in a laugh when he realized that flour had puffed out of the bag it was in, all over Ryeowook's upper torso. Even his hair was covered in a light layer of flour dust.

 

"Yah! It's because of you...you startled me. Why are you standing over there silently anyway? Creep."

 

Yesung smiled, walking steadily into the kitchen.

 

"I'm not allowed to stand in my own house now, is it?"

"That's...that's not what I meant."

 

Ryeowook bowed his head, his eyes staring downward. Yesung took the chance to run his hand through the kid's hair, making the flour drop down.

 

"What are you doing? I thought you went to bed."

"I did. But then I wanted to make a cake."

"A cake? For what?"

"For!.."

 

He turned around when the rest of the sentence was cut off. Ryeowook was staring at the flour, his cheeks slowly turning a darker shade of red.

 

"For what?"

 

Ryeowook looked up, puffing his cheeks out. Yesung stared at him, demanding an answer.

 

"IthoughtimadeyoumadsoIthoughtI'dmakeyouacake."

"What?..."

 

Ryeowook hesitated again, looking back down.

 

"I thought that I might have made you mad earlier, so I thought I would make you a cake. To make it up to you."

 

Yesung nodded, but snatched the flour from Ryeowook's hands.

 

"I don't need a cake. How about an apology?"

"But!"

 

Yesung waited patiently crossing his arms, Ryeowook just pouted.

 

"What? Don't know how to apologize? Hmm..."

"..."

"I see, well I guess I'll have to fix that."

 

Yesung grabbed Ryeowook, aiming for the ribs. It was quite obvious that he would be ticklish there, as he was skinny. He smiled when he heard the shriek and then the kid dashed away. He quickly followed though, pulling him away from his bedroom as he began his attack again.

 

"Please, Stop! I..."

"You're ticklish. I know."

 

Yesung responded just as he attacked again. This time Ryeowook escaped into the living room.

 

"Still not going to apologize? I won't let you escape."

 

Yesung attacked one last time, laughing as Ryeowook sent them both tripping onto the couch. They somehow fit onto the oversized couch, Ryeowook firmly locked into place by Yesung's hands. He was tickling without mercy.

 

"Fine! I'm sorry, I'm Sorry!!!" Ryeowook screamed after a few minutes. Yesung relaxed, holding Ryeowook tightly to his chest.

 

"Let's just sleep here."

 

He never knew someone who could make decisions like Yesung did. He made decisions on the spur of the moment, yet he knew how to make him laugh. Knew what to do to make him smile. He didn't understand it, but he loved that he was able to be so carefree. It was changing him into a better person.

 

"You shouldn't sleep here. You'll get sick and you have a concert coming up." He tried to make an excuse, his heart racing. He wasn't even sure what he wanted, even though the warmth of Yesung's body against his was making him tired.

 

"Nonsense..."

 

Yesung pulled a blanket down on them from the edge of the sofa. Ryeowook struggled, feeling as though he needed to leave. He had let Yesung do this to him before, but this wasn't right. They weren't even on a real bed.

 

"The light's aren't off..."

"Leave them."

"I can't sleep."

"Turn towards me."

"What?"

 

Ryeowook stared into space, refusing to do as Yesung asked. Or at least until Yesung forced him to look back, into those perfect eyes.

 

"Turn. Towards. Me."

 

He had no other choice. He did as he was told, his eyes stayed firmly on the sofa as he tried to put distance between them.

 

"Yah...are you really uncomfortable? Just sleep. That's all..."

 

He tried to do as Yesung said, but as soon as he closed his eyes he was pushed against Yesung's chest. He fought for a moment, but slowly relaxed. The calm heartbeat of Yesung against his fast-paced one was soothing him to sleep. It felt good to have someone hold him too, and the velvet voice of Yesung's lulled him to sleep.

 

It was strange. He never thought he would be happy like this while he worked for Yesung.

 

It was almost as if he...