Research

Lyrics of the Heart

Yesung stared at the contract, the meeting he had with Ryeowook just a few minutes ago replaying in his head. He bit his lip, lost in his own thoughts. He had Ryeowook sign the contract, never believing that the kid would sign it so easily. He seemed like someone who would look through everything carefully...

 

He stood up, beginning to pace as he thought about the promise he made to Ryeowook. It couldn't change anything. It wouldn't be able to change the contract that Ryeowook signed, but he could at least do his best. He just hoped that in finding his mother, wouldn't bring him more pain.

 

::Flashback::

 

"Will you help me...find my mom?"

 

The words were questioning, obvious that Ryeowook was hesitating. Yesung stared at him for a moment, then quickly down at the contract. He wasn't sure what to say. Ryeowook had signed the contract, there was no way to break that now...but he couldn't help but to feel sorry for him.

 

"Please...I'll do whatever you want...I, I just want to see my mom."

 

The tears falling down from his eyes shattered the image of him being strong and independent. He could only stare, wanting to hold him and comfort him but knowing that Ryeowook probably wouldn't accept it.

 

"I'll find her." The words fell from his lip before he even knew what he was saying. He looked away from the kid, wondering how he had been broken so easily. How had he accepted so easily? He was caught off guard when he felt the scrawny body against him, the thin arms wrapping around him as he continued to cry.

 

"Thank you..."

 

::End Flashback::

 

He shook his head again, trying to clear his mind. His heart was still beating fast and he could still feel the scrawny arms around him, event the moment had passed long ago. He listened carefully, hearing the small sounds of someone moving around in the kitchen. It was obvious that he was cleaning by now. He took a deep breath, removing his hand from his chest and refusing to be affected any longer.

 

He pulled out his cell phone, knowing only one person who would be perfect for the job.

 

"Yesung! Long time no talk!" The voice was bright, bringing the warmth of friendship. It had been a while since he had been able to contact his friend.

 

"Hi, Leeteuk. Is KangIn home by any chance? I have a job for you."

 

 

 

 

"If you are a professional...why aren't you working today?" Ryeowook stared at him from behind the kitchen counter. He was preparing dinner as though he has done it a million times before. Yesung shrugged, sliding into a bar stool.

 

"I have today and tomorrow off." He admitted, not explaining the truth that he has a concert in a week and the manager wanted him to take a short 2-day break before the preparations began. He rubbed his head, thinking about how busy his life is going to become after this concert. After his final concert in Korea, he will finally finish his first Asian Tour. However, that didn't mean he could rest. It just meant that he would prepare for his next album. Of course, writing songs for it hadn't been easy, but it was the only thing that occupied his mind during his free time.

 

"Are you really a singer? Professional?" His eyes seemed to light up for an instant. Yesung wondered why this kid wouldn't believe him?

 

He got off his bar stool, striding over to the Piano that was laid out perfectly by his courtyard window. He sat down in an instant and began to play the familiar melody. He had been really happy with the outcome of the song, the song in which he had been chosen to sing for the Drama 'Cinderella's Sister'

 

'My bruised heart..

It's screaming to me to find you..

Where are you?..

Can't you hear my voice?..'

 

He smiled as he finished the part he chose to sing. He could only remember the kid he had only seen a glimpse of all those years ago. The boy genius...as he had been told. He shook his head, not knowing which young celebrity could be him...he just hoped that he made his debut as he seemed to have so much talent in him.

 

He turned to find Ryeowook frozen only a few steps away from him. He stood up, walking over to him.

 

"Ryeowook? Are you ok?"

 

He put a gentle hand on his shoulder, snapping Ryeowook out of his daze. His hand was immediately thrown off, as Ryeowook returned to the kitchen.

 

"Dinner should be ready soon..."

 

Ryeowook didn't comment on whether or not he believed Yesung, but rather continued to focus on the dinner he was now finishing up. Yesung sat back down on his chair, watching him.

 

'You really are strange...but I'll help you find your mom. But don't forget, you belong to me...' Yesung dug his eyes into Ryeowook's back.

 

 

The sound, it seemed so familiar yet it wasn't recognizable at all. The sound of the piano, the sound in which he hadn't been able to hear since he was young. He could feel the tears still lingering, but he refused to let them fall. Today had been the first time he had cried in front of someone else in a long time. He never wanted to be that vulnerable. Never wanted to be looked at as vulnerable.

 

He could feel the eyes staring at him. He know that this man must think that he is the wierdest person, but there was nothing he could do about it. He didn't know what else to do, but he knew that Yesung staring at him was making him nervous. He hurriedly grabbed the knife, hoping that he could cut the peppers in a few seconds so that dinner could be done. So that Yesung wouldn't keep staring at him.

 

He sliced the top and the bottom of the red pepper, and was about to start cutting it into smaller squares when he felt someone beside him.

 

"Need any help?" The velvet-voice was so close, surprising him. He dropped the knife causing Yesung to pull him out of the way. He stared at the knife, laying flat on the floor. Yesung sighed.

 

"Why are you so jumpy? Just came over to see if you need any help." Yesung spoke as he threw the dirty knife into the sink to be cleaned and picked out a new one. In an instant, he cut the pepper up, placing it into the pot.

 

Ryeowook could only watch as Yesung dished two plates of food, placing it on the table along with two glasses of water.

 

"Don't you have anything other than water?" He has only drank water since he was kidnapped. Since his life was ruined...the only thing he has tasted was water and ramen.

 

"Water is good for the throat, I'll go to the convenience store later. You can come and pick out whatever you want. Water is all I have right now." Yesung stated, not looking up from his plate.

 

Ryeowook stared at the food. At least his appetite was growing with this type of meal. He hadn't had real food in a long time. He decided to put up with the water and quickly digged in to the food as well.