Tired

Lyrics of the Heart

It wasn't an easy task to keep everyone happy, but he tried his best. He tried to do well as he hosted the show, but his mind was obviously somewhere else. To the man that would be back stage, watching him, or to the man who would still be at the hotel sleeping. He smiled at the thought of his lover laying comfortably in bed.

 

There was one thing that still dug into him, which involved his lover's mother. He couldn't stop thinking about how the woman didn't want to see her son. Why?

 

It didn't matter.

 

He would do everything to make sure Ryeowook would be reunited with his family. He wanted to see Ryeowook happily reunited with his family. It scared him too, though. What if that meant that Ryeowook would leave? What if he would be alone, again?

 

He bowed his head, wrestling with his thoughts. He didn't know if he should give up, or keep going. He knew that he couldn't let Ryeowook down though.

 

"You are still here? I thought you would be gone by now. You are usually in a rush to get back to the hotel." His manager took a seat beside him. He glanced at him for a moment.

 

"What would you do? If doing the right thing forces you to lose the one you love?" Yesung asked, his eyes locked on the table in front of him.

 

"Did you have a fight with him?"

 

Yesung looked at his manager, slightly glaring at him. His manager ignored it though, but instead leaned backward as he thought about the question.

 

"Do what is right. If the one you love doesn't see your attempt, or if it causes you to lose him, at least you can say that you did something right. If you don't do the right thing, and still lose him...what do you have to say for yourself?"

 

Yesung thought about what he said as he walked away. He decided that he should do what is right. He bowed his head a moment longer before pulling out his phone.

 

 

"Leeteuk hyung, where did you say Ryeowook's mother was staying?"

 

 

A few minutes later he was on his way to meet the woman. He was determined to at least try to make things right. He still hesitated though, even though he drove all the way to the hotel he had the feeling to turn around.

 

He wanted nothing more than to cherish the love he had now. He didn't want to lose anything.

 

He couldn't be selfish though. He had received a lot of things, including Ryeowook's love. Ryeowook deserved something more.

 

He knocked on the door in front of him and only a few moments later it was opened by the woman he had been searching for.

 

"Hello?"

 

Yesung sighed, knowing the woman wouldn't remember him. He straightened up, looking her in the eyes.

 

"Hi...I was wondering if I could talk to you...about..."

 

"I'm not looking to buy anything."

 

Yesung couldn't say anything for a moment, but quickly spoke up before the door closed on him.

 

"It's about Ryeowook!"

 

The door opened again, the woman looking him up and down. The look of disgust was clear on her face.

 

"I thought I told you...I want nothing to do with him."

 

Yesung held his anger in, his hands tightly to hold in his attitude.

 

"Why? Why can't you see him? Do you know? Do you know how long he has waited to see you again? Do you know what he has been through?"

 

The woman chuckled slightly, crossing her arms.

 

"I know. I know exactly what he has been through. I'm the one that sold him. That worthless child..."

 

"What?"

 

Yesung stared at her, the anger slowly easing out of him. How could this woman give up such a precious man? To be treated so disgustingly, and to be looked down upon...it was all because of his own mother.

 

"Yeah, it was me. I'm the one who forced him into that lifestyle. Do you understand? Now, don't come searching for me."

 

"Don't mess around. If you really won't see him now, then don't ever try to see him again. I'll make sure he'll never see you."

 

The woman chuckled before shutting the door. He growled lowly, quickly turning away. He couldn't believe the woman. Couldn't believe that there could be such a mother.

 

 

He watched Yesung pack their things. He had been in a weird mood ever since he returned home late one night. Yesung would ask him what he wanted, if he needed anything. He was especially kind. Ryeowook had tried to deny Yesung, not wanting him to spend money when he was perfectly content.

 

He had been spacing out when he received a small kiss on the lips. He looked up, finding Yesung smiling gently at him. He was kissed again and again, so gentle and warm.

 

"S-sungie...we, we can't. The plane..." Ryeowook stopped him, knowing what their kissing could possibly lead to. Yesung smiled, nodding.

 

"Did you have fun in Japan?"

 

Ryeowook nodded, still blushing from the kisses Yesung had given him.

 

"Yesung! Are you ready?" The door opened wide, revealing the manager who had been impatiently waiting for them.

 

"We are ready." Yesung grabbed their luggage before taking Ryeowook's hand tightly.

 

Ryeowook happily walked beside Yesung until they were stopped at the exit of their own bedroom. A woman blocked the way out.

 

"What are you doing here?" Yesung asked, causing him to be curious about who the woman was. Yesung had never used that tone to talk to anyone before.

 

"I'm here for my son."

 

There was an awkward silence, but in that moment the woman took the chance to look at him.

 

"Ryeowook-ah...do you remember me? I'm your mother."

 

He felt his heart race with a happiness that he hadn't felt in a long time. He dropped his hand from Yesung, taking a step towards the woman.

 

"Omma?"

 

The woman nodded.

 

Tears spilled immediately, he could barely remember what it was like to live with his mother. He just hoped that it was as great as it seemed.

 

"Never again. Never again try to keep me from my own son."

 

He looked up, hearing his own mother's words. The harsh words. He looked in between Yesung who had a firm jaw, and his own mother who was glaring at him.

 

"I told you to never see him again."

 

Ryeowook gasped slightly, stepping away from Yesung. Why would the man he loved tell his own mother that they couldn't see each other? Was he wrong to believe that Yesung was trying to help him?

 

"You think money can stop me from wanting to see my son?"

 

"What?"

 

Ryeowook shook his head, feeling confused and hurt.

 

"Baby, come on. You can't trust this man. Come with your mother."

 

Yesung shook his head at him, silently telling him not to go. But why? Why couldn't he be with his own mother.

 

"She'll hurt you again, Wookie. She'll force you into the lifestyle you hated."

 

Ryeowook gasped again, shaking his head. How could he say something like that? How could he believe that his mother was the cause of his downfall. Tears fell faster than before as he was pushed into his mother's embrace.

 

"How could you say that, Sungie?" Ryeowook cried, but he was quickly shushed by his mother.

 

"You will be the one to never see him again. Never hurt my child again." The woman growled, before forcing them both down the hallway.

 

"WOOKIE! Ryeowook!" Yesung screamed, but it was too late.

 

 

 

 

If you don't understand this chapter, it will definitely be clearer in future chapters!

Thanks for reading, commenting and being awesome!

ChoAnna~~

AKTF and 13elieve