Amused

Lyrics of the Heart

He was having the time of his life, dragging the kid around and forcing him to try things on. It was fun to see the scrunched up face, forming into a pout as he teased. He was relieved that he seemed 100% better than the night before. He laughed as Ryeowook dragged his feet out of the dressing room, forced to show everything he was trying on.

 

"Eh...I don't really like that one." Yesung smiled widely, his eyes widening when Ryeowook opened his mouth to respond. The kid stopped half way though, his shoulders sagging.

 

"Fine...Can we stop now? I'm starving..."

 

Yesung shook his head, crossing his arms as another smile formed at the look he received.

 

"Soon...now try on the rest." He quickly waved at him to go back in, just as he received a phone call that he quickly took after he saw the caller I.D.

 

"Yesung...that woman. Mrs. Kim? She hasn't been in Korea for years now. We will keep checking up on her, but there might be a possibility she won't be returning."

 

Yesung stayed silent, feeling pity at the words. How could he tell Ryeowook? That he might never meet his mother, it was impossible. If anything, he should allow the kid to at least hope. He sighed, leaning back. If it was possible, he would make it possible for Ryeowook to meet his mother.

 

"Yesung?"

"Where is she now?"

"What?"

"Mrs. Kim...Where is she now?"

"Japan, she married a Japanese Businessman."

 

He stayed silent again. He made frequent visits to Japan for events and concerts, it wasn't impossible to find her.

 

"Find the address, email it to me, k?"

 

There was no answer, just a moment of silence before the line went blank. It was obvious that Leeteuk was already searching for it. He quickly put his phone away as Ryeowook walked back out.

 

"This is the last one."

 

He stated, turning as he spoke. Yesung stared at him, it was just a simple black v-neck with a white jacket over top along with faded jeans, but he was stunned. The look fit him so well, he couldn't remove his eyes. He stood up, still looking the kid up and down.

 

"Well?...Yes or No?"

 

He nodded his head, speechless. Ryeowook shook his head, retreating back into the fitting room. Yesung quickly turned, feeling his chest as his heart seemed to beat uncontrollably.

 

"What is this?"

 

He shook his head, taking deep breaths to calm himself. He didn't understand what had gotten into him.

 

"Are you ready?"

 

He spun, looking him up and down again. He nearly laughed. Ryeowook had had no choice but to wear his oversized clothing. It was clothing that was a bit more fancy than what that kid was used to. He payed for the last bag of clothing before pulling the kid along with him.

 

They went to a restaurant which wasn't far away. He asked for a private room, which he received.

 

"Eat as much as you want." Yesung stated, but hesitated. He could still feel a strange feeling as he watched the kid eat.

 

 

Yesung was really acting strange. Staring at him and being silent. Even the way he was being teased was strange, but he was grateful. No one had ever treated him this well before. No one had even cared for him the way Yesung did. He was lucky, even though he would never admit it infront of Yesung.

 

He shook his head, his eyes roaming up to see that Yesung was still staring at him. He adverted them quickly, blushing because of the way he was being stared at. He never met someone with those kind of eyes before. He never knew those kind of eyes that could dig into somebody. It was like his whole life story was being spilled out in seconds.

 

"Aren't you eating?"

 

Yesung nodded, a smile immediately forming. He stared for a second. He also never knew anyone who could smile like he did. It was like the world became a little better in his eyes. He looked away quickly, feeling shy all of a sudden. Who was this man, to change his behavior like this?

 

"Do you feel better?"

 

He looked up, nearly causing himself to choke. He swallowed his food, before meeting Yesung's eyes once again.

 

"Do you feel better? It worried me last night."

 

He bowed his head. No one had worried about him before...

 

"I'm fine now. I think it is because I am not used to that kind of meal."

 

His answer was shy, his voice getting weak.

 

"Ahh...I understand now."

 

The voice was light and playful. Ryeowook stood up, causing Yesung to look at him quizically.

 

"Uh...I...need to use the restroom."