What to Do

Lyrics of the Heart

Yesung glanced at the time on his watch after helping Ryeowook clean the dishes. He stretched for a second, walking towards his bedroom.

 

"I'll be out in a second, we will go to the convenience store soon."

 

Inside his bedroom, he grabbed his hoodie as part of his disguise. It was still early enough that quite a few people could be around. It would be a disaster if his apartment was located...or if he was found at the convenience store with a young man. It would definitely look suspicious and cause too much hassle.

 

He also grabbed the medical mask off of his dresser before returning to the living room. He looked around, but didn't find the kid anyway. He sighed, walking to the opposite bedroom. He knocked, already hearing someone inside but no one answered.

 

"Ryeowook?"

 

No response. He knocked louder, but there was still no response. He opened the door instantly, surprised to find that Ryeowook was leaning up against his bed, his head in between his legs.

 

"Ryeowook?"

 

He kneeled beside the kid as he lifted his head weakly, his eyes squinting in pain. Sweat beads were forming on his forehead, his shirt already soaked.

 

"I...I..."

 

Ryeowook's voice was breathless, hard to hear as his head seemed to spin. Yesung placed his hands on each side of Ryeowook's face, keeping his head still.

 

"What's wrong? Ryeowook, what's wrong?"

 

"It hurts."

 

Ryeowook held his stomach tightly, shutting his eyes again. Yesung instantly picked him up, placing him in bed.

 

"Stay here. I know it hurts, but don't move. I'll be back soon." He covered him quickly, before leaving the room and his apartment.

 

He ran quickly to the convenience store only a block away. It really was convenient. He made sure the medical mask was firmly in place before rushing inside. He grabbed a few yogurt drinks, a couple gallons of random juices and a gallon of ice cream.

 

He impatiently paid for it before running back to his apartment. He dropped the things on Ryeowook's floor when he found that the kid was missing. He knocked the bathroom door open, to find that Ryeowook had fainted on the ground. He hurried to carry the kid back to bed, barely noticing that his manager was in the doorway staring at him.

 

"Ryeowook? Ryeowook!"

 

He nudged the kid gently, not wanting to scare him. Finally, his eyes fluttered open. Yesung glanced at his eyes once before jumping off the bed to grab one of the yogurt packs. He could only hope this would help. He helped Ryeowook sit up against him before handing him the small plastic cup that he quickly drank down.

 

"Yesung? What is this?"

 

His manager had his arms crossed, casually leaning against the door frame. Yesung glanced up at him, shrugging. He knew his manager wouldn't care that much.

 

"I hired him as a maid. He signed a contract and everything."

 

He felt Ryeowook's forehead as he spoke, luckily he didn't have a fever.

 

"What kind of maid is he...that you have to look after him?"

 

Yesung rolled his eyes, why did it matter? He gave his manager a sharp look, wanting him to leave.

 

"It's his first day. Don't judge him, alright? Now...if there is nothing important, I want to rest."

 

His manager smiled and nodded, the kindness returning to his eyes.

 

"Alright I get the point...I'll see you in two days."

 

 

 

Although his head was spinning and the pain was slowly getting worse, he could feel the warmth behind him. The of his hand through his hair, trying to comfort him. He snuggled closer into the warmth, closing his eyes. He could feel the heartbeat, calm and steady.

 

He was surprised to hear the humming follow, in tune with his heartbeat. He listened carefully even if his mind fought against any concentration. If he was healthy, he would have never let another person get so close to him. He didn't care though. He enjoyed the gentleness, and the way that Yesung didn't ask anything from him. The way he had been defended, even in his half-awake state.

 

The humming suddenly stopped along with his hair being . He stayed stiff, wondering if Yesung was about to leave.

 

"Feeling better?"

 

Ryeowook stayed silent, waiting for something more from the older man.

 

"I'm sorry if my manager offended you in any way. He really doesn't mean any harm, he just likes to protect me."

 

He nodded unconsciously...he hadn't been worried about that anyway. There was silence again as he leaned fully against Yesung, finally allowing himself to relax a little more.

 

"Try to get some sleep, mm? If you feel better tomorrow, we'll go out." Yesung began to adjust, preparing to get up. Ryeowook weakly sat up, grabbing his arm. He didn't want to be left alone, the feeling was too much. He had been alone for most of his life, and now that he had someone to accompany him...he felt lost without the sudden friendship, if that is what he could call it.

 

"Can you stay? Just till I fall asleep?"