A Nice Way To Fall Asleep

Returning To Different Feelings [IFSWYA Sequel]

 "Come on Chansung. You've had plenty of time with Lily. A couple hours apart won't kill you." Taecyeon pulled our hands apart, and dragged Chansung into their van.

"Lily call me when you get home!" He shouted before they shut the door.

"So what's up guys! How's everyone living?" I asked as we piled into Gikwang's range rover.

"The five of us bought a dorm together a while ago." Dongwoon smiled.

"Five? What about Doojoon?"

"He lives alone. Well not "really" alone. There's always some girl spending the ni-" Junhyung punched Yoseob in the stomach. "Ouch! What was that for?!" He yelled.

"Yeah, Doojoon lives alone." Junhyung finished. Something was up. I could feel it.

"Guys. What's going on? If there's something I need to know then say it." I was getting annoyed.

"Doojoon. He's changed a lot..." Hyunseung started. "I would say...he's a very savvy business man now."

"Yeah, he grew up a lot." Dongwoon added.

"Grew up? Well we all grew up right? We're not kids anymore." I wasn't understanding what they were trying to get across.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that." Gikwang said from the front. "So you want us to drop you off at home, or do you want to see our house first?" He asked.

"My dad won't be home for a few days for business so let's stop at your house." Unfortunately the exact day I got back, my dad was going on a trip to jeju island to work on a new business plan. All my life he's been a wonderful father so I didn't resent him for missing my return.

"Ok." Gikwang made a u turn, and drove toward the Oakwood Palace apartment buildings.

"You guys don't live here do you?" I gaped. The building had to have at least fifty floors.

"Yup! With the five of us bringing in money we can just barely afford this place." Junhyung smiled proudly.

"What is it that you guys do?"

"We work for Doojoon." Answered Hyunseung.

"For Doojoon? Where?"

"He's the CEO of NEPA apparel." My jaw dropped at what Dongwoon said. So it wasn't a coincidence. My best friend Yoon Doojoon was a successful businessman. My body flooded with relief. He didn't miss my return because he hated me, he was extremely busy. We pulled into the parking garage, and the guys helped me take my luggage up to their apartment. I felt as if I stepped into a five star hotel. From floor to ceiling was white marble decorated with bright paintings, and furniture. The television took up most of the wall with a big fireplace underneath.

"...you guys..this place is crazy!!" I shouted. "I can't believe you live here!!" I gaped.

"Lily come see my room!" Yoseob pulled me into a long hallway and threw open the first door on the left.

"Wah! Seobie! You're all grown up now!" I pinched his cheeks. Instead of his childhood room that was full of iron man posters, and dragon ball figurines on the shelves Yoseob had a king sized bed smack in the middle with a cozy arm chair with a bookshelf full of encyclopedias.

"This whole room is mine! You can sleep here if you want to crash sometime." He jumped on his bed.

"I'll remember that." I laughed. After seeing everyone's room we all sat in the living room to catch up.

"So what do you want to do tonight? You know as a celebration?" Gikwang asked.

"Is it possible to see Doojoon?" I was really anxious to see him after all this time.

"Yeah, sure. We'll give him a call later." Hyunseung looked somewhat unsure.

"Only you. Niga anim nal gochil su eobseo. Nandasi useul suga eobseo. It's only you my baby it's only you.''

"One sec" I picked up my ringing phone. "Annyeong." I knew it was Chansung from the song the played.

"Lily did you get back ok?"

"Ani. I'm at my friend's house right now. What about you?"

"Yeah I'm at my parents house, but later I'm going over to Wooyoung's house. Do you want to hangout with us?"

"Yeah I'll text you when I'm ready to go."

"I miss you already." His words made me blush a bright shade of pink.

"Well then I guess we'll have to see each other soon k?"

"Ne, alright I'll see you later."

"K."

"I love you." I turned my head away from my friends to hide my now tomato colored ears.

"I love you too." I smiled before hanging up.

"Awwwwe!!!!" They all yelled when I joined them on the couch.

"Shutup guys." I hit Junhyung with a pillow.

"You guys make a really cute couple. How long has it been?" Dongwoon grinned.

"Not long, but we've been close friends since I moved away. He went to NYU with me."

"Oh, well congrats" Yoseob laughed.

--------------------------------------------------------

After realizing how exhausted I was I ended up falling asleep on their couch. The jet lag was killing me. I woke up not on the couch, but on Yoseob's bed.

''Ugh, what time is it?'' I mumbled.

''It's about to be 7.'' Yoseob said while reading one of his books.

''I slept for five hours?'' I checked my phone, and saw I had a new message.

''Lily, you ok? If you want to come to Wooyoung's here's the address. 159 Samseong-Dong Gangnam-gu, Seoul 135-525. Room # 211.'' I tried remembering the address', but couldn't for the life of me remember any directions. I've really been away for too long.

''Seob, where is this?'' I showed him the message.

''Ha! You don't know your way around anymore?'' He chuckled. ''Oh! That's right downstairs.'' 

''Chincha?!''

''Ne, that's our address except we're in room 502. Who's place is that?''

''A friend of Chansung's. You wanna come with me to visit?'' I grabbed my shoes that were at the foot of Seob's bed.

''Sure!'' He jumped up, and threw his book on the floor. We took the elevator down to room 211, and Chansung was the one to open the door.

''Hey Lily.'' He pulled me into a hug. ''How'd you guys get here so fast?'' He asked Yoseob.

''We live right upstairs.'' Yoseob smiled.

''Hey guys! Come in.'' Wooyoung waved from the couch. The four of us gathered together on the comfy couch (shout out to one of my fav childhood shows lol ''^w^'')

''I remember you!'' Wooyoung pointed at Yoseob. ''You're the one who broke our chandelier! You did it right?'' Yoseob's blonde hair looked even blonder on top of his red face.

''Yeah...I was a pretty wild kid. Sorry about that..'' He said looking at his hands.

''No worries. We all do stupid things when we're young.'' Wooyoung laughed. ''How about a few drinks?'' He went to the fridge, and came back with 4 bottles of Soju. Something I've never tried, and was curious as to what it tasted like.

''Lily doesn't drink.'' Chansung pushed my bottle away.

''Well, I've never tried this before...'' I slid it back in front of me. ''Just a sip wouldn't hurt..''

''Well since we're all drinking why not play a game, huh?'' Yoseob suggested. 

''What game?'' Chansung asked.

''I know! One of us has to say something, and if it applies to you, then you need to take a drink.'' Yoseob smiled.

''Ok!'' We all said in unison.''I'll start.'' Yoseob grinned. ''I've never had my first kiss. We all looked around to see who it applied to. Slowly Wooyoung lifted his bottle, and took a sip.

''Mwoh?!'' Chansung gasped. ''Hyung! You haven't kissed anyone yet?!''

''Well when I was younger a girl kissed me, but I don't count that! Aish why are you making this a big deal. Lots of people are in my situation!!'' He huffed.

''Ara, ara!'' I patted his knee. ''You have no reason to be embarrassed.''

''It's my turn.'' Chansung announced. ''I've never betrayed a friend.'' We all took a drink. Even Yoseob. The taste of Soju was extremely bitter. After the burning in my throat, it tasted kind of sweet.

''Who have you betrayed Yoseob?'' I asked.

''One time in high school Gikwang, and I liked the same girl. I told Gikwang he could have her, but secretly I kept talking to her.'' He confessed.

''What girl? I don't remember you mentioning this.''

''Jung Eunji. She was a grade lower than Gikwang, and I, I don't think you knew her.'' Oh I knew her alright. She was Naeun's best friend, and also the girl who pushed me down the stairs, and made me break my ankle that winter. ''What about you Lily?''

''Well isn't it obvious? When I was going to club MIROTIC to clean behind Doojoon's back.'' I said matter of factly

''Oh yeah'' They all said together.

After about three rounds I had enough Soju, just the smell of it made me sick.

''This is why Lily doesn't drink.'' Chansung said trying to hold me up. ''Wooyoung can I get your keys? I'm gonna drive her home.''

''Sure. Don't scratch my car. I know how you Americans drive.'' He joked.

''Yah!! I still have Korean citizenship!! I'm no illegal immigrant!'' I shouted sloppily. 

''We know Lily. Just try to move your feet.'' Chansung said.

''What feet?! I'm a mermaid, I don't have feet you idiot!!'' Chansung hoisted me over his shoulders.

''Let's go mermaid.'' He laughed. He threw me into the truck, and started the engine. ''Lily, try really hard to remember your address, ok?'' He spoke slowly. I gathered all my focus, and tried to think of how to get home.

''I live in Seoul towers.'' I slurred. ''Fourth floor.'' 

''Ok good. We're making progress.'' He looked back as he pulled out of the parking spot. Somehow he managed to carry me all the way up to the fourth floor, and I was staring at my old home. I found a spare key under the welcome mat, and threw the door open. My house was exactly like I remembered it. Except it was missing someone. My father. The empty feeling I got from staring around my quiet un-lively home made me feel lonely.

''This is my home.'' I smiled trying to disguise any sign of tears that were bound to fall any minute.

''I can't imagine you living here as a little girl.'' Chansung chuckled. 

''Yup.'' I heard a noise coming from Danny's old room, and my heart jumped. ''Danny?!" I stumbled through the hallway. I threw his door open, and saw an empty room. He wasn't there. He must've moved out while I was gone.

''Lily?'' Chansung followed me to Danny's room, and found me on the floor wiping away tears.

''He's not here..'' I sniffed. ''No one's here.'' It must've been the alcohol that made me so whiny.

''I'm here.'' He sat down next to me. ''I'll always be here.'' He wiped away a tear that rolled down my face. ''Come on.'' He pulled me up from the floor, and walked me to my room. 

''Are you ok now?'' He said pulling off my shoes.

''No. I can't sleep here by myself. Please don't leave.'' I pleaded.

''I'm not leaving.'' He brushed my hair back. ''I'm staying right here with you.'' I scooted over under the covers, and he laid on top of them next to me. ''Go to sleep k?''

''Ne.'' I yawned. Slowly I fell into deep sleep with Chansung's slow steady breaths warming my ear.