Kissing In The Rain

Returning To Different Feelings [IFSWYA Sequel]

 

Chansung's POV
 
It was another one of those days where all I could think about was holding Lily in my arms. I've always loved, I never stopped but something got in the way. Someone.
 
''Aigoo. I can't stand seeing you like this. Come with me to get some groceries.'' Wooyoung pulled me off his couch.
 
''Hyung, I'm not in the mood to go anywhere today.'' I threw myself back down.
 
''You said that yesterday, and the day before that. What are you going to do when we have to start working for NEPA?''
 
''I'll figure something out.'' 
 
''Listen, if you miss her so much why don't you go apologize. No one's stopping you.'' He had no idea.
 
''Hyung, how important is this thing with NEPA?''
 
''Well, considering we were about to go bankrupt I guess this is our last chance to save the club.''
 
''Exactly, so don't you think it's a little fishy how Doojoon decided to come to us right after I-''
 
DING DONG DING DONG DING DONG someone was having way too much fun with the doorbell.
 
''Hold that thought please.'' Wooyoung ran to answer it.
 
''Oppa! This place is so amazing! The elevator was playing IU songs!'' I knew that voice.
 
''Sunhi?'' 
 
''Chansung? What are you doing...Chansung!'' Her wide eyed innocence changed to anger. Her index finger was pointed right at my heart. ''You! You jerk! You're lucky I don't punch you for how you treated Lily!''
 
''Sunhi, what are you doing here?'' I asked ignoring the interogation.
 
''She's my cousin.'' Wooyoung yawned.
 
''...small world.'' 
 
''Yeah, it is! You know what else is small?! Your right judgement, your brain, definitely not your nose.''
 
''Yah!'' I out my hand over my nose out of embarassment.
 
''Also...Lily can only take so much before she snaps one day. On the both of you.''
 
''Me? I thought she liked me!'' Wooyoung gasped.
 
''Not you! Doojoon! Ugh, babo.'' She flicked his forehead.
 
''Well, I had a good reason for doing what I did.''
 
''Yeah, to break the poor girls heart! Don't you realize that this whole time you've been trying to keep her close, you've just been pushing her further away. Going on this 'break' is like practically throwing her into Doojoon's arms.''
 
''Don't you think I know that?! This is not what I wanted to happen okay?! I'm hurting just as much as she is but...''
 
''But what?! What's holding you back?!''
 
''I don't have time for this!'' I slouched back onto the couch.
 
''You're hopeless! Come on oppa, let's pick up some groceries.'' Sunhi linked her arm in his, and they left.
 
''You babo. I know I'm throwing her into his arms. That's the plan...''
 
Lily's POV
 
Doojoon! Why was he turning into someone I wanted to be around? All this time he's been like a tooth ache that I wanted to get rid of, but now I was happy to go to work. 
 
''Lily, what do you think of these sketches?'' Gikwang came in with a sketchbook of girl's swim suits.
 
''They're really cute!'' Boom!
 
''Omo! That rain is pouring.'' Gikwang and I took a look out the window, but couldn't see over the pouring rain.
 
''Yah, why did you show her, and not me?'' Doojoon frowned.
 
''Sir, she's a girl. I think her opinion matters more.'' Gikwang chuckled. He did have a point there.
 
''Psht, whatever.'' Doojoon let out a chuckle. 
 
''Wah, why are you in such a good mood today?'' Hyunseung came in.
 
''Oh? Would you prefer me to be in a bad mood!''
 
''Ani, stay like this!'' Hyunseung put both thumbs up.
 
''Lily, whatever you're doing...keep it up.'' Gikwang winked, and ran out.
 
''Yah!'' What was he talking about? I wasn't doing anything.
 
''Crap!'' Doojoon banged his fist.
 
''What is it?'' I ran over to his desk. Boom!
 
Eep! Did I mention my terrible fear of thunder, and lightning.
 
''I completely forgot to send the clothes over with 2pm's photo shoot! You need to go there now!''
 
''M-mwoh?! Why me?!''
 
''Here! Go get the clothes rack out of room 105 with this key.''
 
''Sir! It's raining-''
 
''They're in a special location! It's indoors so the rain shouldn't matter. Hurry! Go!''
 
''Nae!'' I hoped he forgot about my terrible fear of thunder, and the fact that I DIDN'T DRIVE! 
 
''Lily, are you going somewhere?'' Yoseob asked when I was speed walking with the clothes rack tightly rapped in plastic.
 
''N-nae...'' 
 
''It's raining! Why would he send you out of all people?!''
 
''I guess I'm getting over my fear today.'' I clenched my chattering jaw, and stepped outside. I could barely read the instructions on the paper. Not with all the rain pouring on my body soaking me up. 
 
Another flash of lightning struck, and I shut my eyes, and covered my ears. BOOM!
 
My screams were barely audible over the storm. I just needed to make it to the photoshoot.
 
''W-where is it?!'' I was shivering uncontrolably, and my heart rate speeding in anticipation of the next thunder clap.
 
Another flash and BOOM! Nobody can hear me. The streets were desserted. I was alone. 
 
''Ugh! What am I doing here?! It's freaking raining!! I hate thunder!! Where is everyone!?! Somebody help me?!'' I was babbling incoherentely.
 
Doojoon's POV
 
''Sir, where did you just send Lily?'' Dongwoon had the nerve to interrupt me.
 
''Why does it concern you?''
 
''Because there's a terrible storm outside, and I'm pretty sure you forgot about her fear of thunder, and lightning.'' His face showed anger, and annoyance.
 
''So what, she'll be in a car...'' She didn't drive. I didn't need time to think. I ran outside in the pouring rain in search of her. Was she scared? Was she alone? This was all my fault, things between us had been going good, and I ruined it.
 
Chansung's POV
 
''Where are the clothes?!'' Our photographer barked.
 
''Sir, Mr. Yoon said he sent his assistant with them. She should be here soon.'' A lady said.
 
''Good! I'll be waiting right here.'' He was beyond pissed. Boom!
 
''Jeez, the storm is really bad!'' Taec frowned.
 
''It's a good thing this wasn't an outside photoshoot.'' Khun agreed.
 
''Hyung...did she say Mr. Yoon's assistant was coming?'' Lily was his assistant.
 
''Nae, why?''
 
''I don't think we're getting those clothes...'' I ran outside into the storm. I didn't care that I was being soaked. Lily was more important even if we weren't together. As I walked through the rain I saw someone dragging a rack. It was her.
 
''Lily!'' I yelled, but I didn't hear my voice. Someone else was looking for her. 
 
''Lily, I'm so sorry I forgot! You're safe now.'' Doojoon held her in his arms. She was shaking, and scared and I wasn't the person comforting her. I literally felt the pieces of my heart crumble away slowly. He pulled her chin up, and...kissed her. Passionately. Right in front of. That should've been me but it wasn't. I was here watching what used to be. The desire for a lightning bolt to strike down on me was immense. Any pain was better than what I felt watching her with him.
 
A/N: This story is almost over!! T.T I hope you enjoyed this chapter!! Who ships Chanly, or Li Joon?! Tell me in the comments. I already have an idea for my next fanfic so if you like how I write please feel free to subscribe to me, and you'll be updated when I add new stories. Bye guys thanks for all the support <3 saranghaeyo