Blame It On The Alcohol

Returning To Different Feelings [IFSWYA Sequel]

"Lily! How are the girls in America? Do they all look like models?" Gikwang grinned.

"Aigoo. Hyung are you really that naive?" Dongwoon sighed.

"What?! That's a logical question!" He protested.

"No it's not." Everyone in the room said in unison.

"Yah! Where's my coke?!?" We heard a scream come from the kitchen. We looked to see Junhyung with a vein popping out on his forehead.

"Hyung, (hyung as in Junhyung not older brother) there's still more I just checked." I made my way over to the refrigerator, and reached all the way in the back. What I grabbed was a can of grape soda with a red paper taped around it.

"Haha! That's pathetic!" Hyunseung cackled from the couch.

"Which one of you thought I was too stupid to not notice?!?" Junhyung roared.

"Don't look at me! I learned my lesson the last time." Dongwoon put his hands up.

"What about you Kwang? Had a craving for coke lately?" Junhyung interrogated.

"Yah, why do you assume it's me?!" Gikwang yelled in defense.

"Come on guys, we're all adults this is getting out of hand." I put the grape soda back in the fridge.

"I know Hyunseung doesn't drink coke, and Yoseob would never drink my coke." We all looked at Seob who was being surprisingly quiet. If you knew Yoseob then you knew any minute that he remained silent, he was hiding something.

"Seob...what's up?" I slid on the big white couch next to him. Now we were all eyeing him suspiciously.

"Ok I drank it!! I was so thirsty!! Mianhae hyung..." He cried.

"Seob!! I thought we were closer than that!!" Junhyung gasped.

"Really guys? This isn't a drama. It's as simple as walking down the street, and picking up another pack." I rolled my eyes.

"Who's going?" Before Hynseung could even finish his question everyone shouted "nose", and put their index finger to their noses. Everyone except me.

"Mwoh?! I'm not going, Junhyung your the one who wants the coke so bad, you go!"

"Sorry Lily, that's the rules of the game."

"If I have to leave, I'm just going to go home."

"Fine, I'll at least keep you company." Junhyung sighed. We put on our shoes, and went to the store.

"Lily, what are you going to do about a job?" He asked.

"I don't know, but I need to come up with something fast. We're getting by on Sunhi's pay check alone. I feel so bad."

"Something should come up."

"Yeah, I don't want to use my dad as an excuse, but it has been harder..." Thinking about it made it hard to swallow, but I shook away my sadness. No more crying. Ever. I had to keep up my emotional walls.

"I'm sorry-"

"Don't be, I'm over it."

"Lily, it's ok to be sad."

"I know..."

"Have you tried applying for a position at NEPA?"

"Me? I don't know...with Doojoon being the boss I don't think he'd make my experience a pleasant one."

"Still you should apply, at the least you would be a floor or two below us. You have a masters degree. We got lucky by being close friends with "Mr. Yoon"." Junhyung put up his hands to quote Mr.Yoon.

''No, I'm not doing it.'' We walked down the street to the store, and just as we were leaving my phone rang. ''Yoboseyo?'' I answered.

''Lily, are you busy?'' Chansung asked. I looked over at Junhyung who was already taking a sip from one of the cans.

''Not really.''

''Good I'm going to pick you up at your house. I have a surprise for you.''

''Another one? Chan the lunch date was enough, I'm starting to feel like I'm using you.'' I haven't been so generous with gifts, and surprises like he has.

''No you're not. I'll be over soon.'' With that he hung up.

''Are you leaving?'' Junhyung asked as I put my phone away.

''Ne, mian.'' I reached up, and gave Junhyung a hug before turning in the other direction.

''Be safe!'' He called after me.

As soon as Junhyung was out of sight, my mind began racing. What was this big surprise that Chansung had for me? How should I even dress? Ugh I wish he would've told me! I passed a familiar restaurant that I used to go to a lot after school. Mostly with the guys, or just Dongwoon after I tutored him. The memories were so fresh in my mind I could still here Doojoon holding a conversation. As a matter of fact I wasn't imagining it. I slowly walked into the store, and saw him. He wasn't just holding a conversation, he was yelling at a girl. 

''Yah! Am I someone to be taken lightly?! If you call me again I am seriously going to take legal action.'' I watched him yell at a poor woman who was in tears.

''But oppa, I just wanted to show you my feelings. It's not that I take you lightly-''

''I know your feelings, and I told you already how I feel about it. Was firing you not enough?!? I have Hyunseung working as my secretary, and personal assistant because of you!!''

''Well then take me back, and I'll show you that-''

''Don't call the office anymore either. If word gets out about your situation, you're not the only one who's going to be embarrassed!''

''My situation? I didn't force you to date me, don't act like you didn't pursue me first.''

''Don't you get it? I'm not the type of person who would be dating an assistant. I've realized my mistake, and you haven't.'' He started getting up, and took his wallet out to pay for their cut short dinner.

''Just tell me one thing.''

''What?''

''Why did you have a change of heart?'' I felt so bad for that poor woman. She was still clinging on to that jerk.

''You're not on my level.'' He smirked before walking away. It didn't hit me how close he was getting, and how obvious it was that I was listening in. I quickly ran out of the store

''Oh my god! He really is a piece of shi-''

''What are you doing here?'' I spun around to see Doojoon staring me down. I was cursing myself on the inside for not running far enough.

''I'm going home.'' I said shortly.

''Come on, we need to talk.'' He pulled my arm, and walked me to a food cart that served meat, and soju.

''I have some where to be!'' I protested.

''I thought you said you were going home.'' He said pushing me into a chair. ''Ahjussi one round of Soju, and beef.'' He said to the chef.

''I'm not drinking with you!'' My arm was sore from the strength he used to drag me.

''Fine, do what you want.'' He sat there and drank on his own. I just watched, as he remained silent, and stuffed his face with beef, and Soju. I wanted to leave, but the fact that it was Doojoon I was with made me stay. It reminded me of how happy I was when we were young. Even if that wasn't the case now.

''I'm sorry to here about your dad.'' He said suddenly. That's all he had to say?!? My father practically treated him like a second son, and thats all he had to say?!? He didn't even sound sincere.

''Should I say thank you?'' 

''It doesn't matter.'' He said. My phone started buzzing on the table, before I could reach it Doojoon got to it. ''Chansung? Is he your boyfriend now?'' He pressed the end call button, and ignored it.

''Yah! What are you doing?!'' I reached for my phone, but he held it further. 

''Ahjussi another round!!'' Doojoon was obviously drunk by now. His slurred speech was incredibly visible.

''Doojoon. I'm leaving!'' I got up but he pulled me back into the chair.

''Don't go!'' He pleaded. The emotion in his voice took  me by surprise. As if it was the old Doojoon trying to cry out above this new one.

''Mwoh?''

''Don't go! Stay with me.'' Suddenly my phone rang again. Doojoon still had hold of my phone. ''This guy again!?'' He yelled in drunken rage. Once again he ignored the call, and slammed my phone down. ''How can you be with him?!? Of all people why him?!''

''Doojoon I-''

''Come see me tomorrow. At the office.'' 

''Tomorrow? What is this-'' My phone rang, and I reached fast to answer it. ''Chansung I'm on my way home I-'' Faster than any drunk person has ever moved Doojoon pulled my phone away. It stayed on the table, while Chansung was still on the line.

''Work with me. I can't stand seeing you with him.'' He pulled me into a kiss, that I found impossible to get out of. Finally I pulled away, and wiped my mouth.

''Doojoon, you're drunk.'' I grabbed my phone, and ran off. It took everything in me not to break down from the sudden shock, and confusing feelings. Why was he doing this? It must have been the alcohol.

A/N:

What do you think? Did you like this chapter? Who do you ship Lijoon, or Chanly? Tell me in the comments. Meanwhile enjoy these gifs ^_^

th_2co6l4h.gif th_makbanshisangtae1.gif   th_junhyung-wackydancingviu3.gif   th_tumblr_lfi9scKaAq1qbiz32.gif