First Day At Work

Returning To Different Feelings [IFSWYA Sequel]

''WOW FANSTASTIC BABY! DANCE! WOOHOO I WANNA DAN DAN DAN DAN DANCE! FANTASTIC BABY!''

I reached for my phone, blindly pressing buttons until the music stopped. ''Sorry Taeyang, but not now.'' I mumbled. Why did I even have the alarm on so early? I didn't have a job or anything-

Doojoon! I was on my feet, and shoveling through my pounds of clothes in search of a decent work outfit. 

''Why is this so difficult?!'' After going through my entire closet of no goods, I finally decided on a black pencil skirt, and white long sleeved button up. ''No...'' My never worn black heels lay forgotten, and dusty on the floor before me. Reluctantly I shoved them on my feet, and ran out the door. 

''Lily where are you-'' Sunhi mumbled. Her blonde hair concealing her morning face.

''I'll tell you about it later annyeong!'' I yelled going through the door. 

  Once I got to NEPA Inc. I was told to report to Mr. Yoon's office. Not only was my heart beating 60 miles per minute, but my feet didn't want to listen to my brain when told to move!

''Hyunseung!'' I yelled when he passed me in the hallway.

''Oh! Lily, you came!'' He gaped. ''I didn't think you'd actually-

''Mr. Jang come to my office.'' We both looked up as Doojoon's voice rang through the hall.

''Come on Lily!'' He ushered me to Doojoon's office with him.

''Sir, Lily is here.'' Hyunseung said timidly as we walked in. 

''Annyeonghaseyo.'' I didn't know what else to do but bow. 

''Hyunseung, leave.'' Doojoon said abruptly.

''What...you just called me in sir, you must have something you want to tell-''

''I said get out!'' Without another word Hyunseung scurried away like a mouse.

For the first time in my life I was scared of him. My best friend, and ex boyfriend who was once the only person I needed in life was standing before me, and I was too scared to even breathe too loudly. His drunk sloppy figure crossed through my mind. The last time we met wasn't a very pleasant one.

''I can't stand seeing you with him.'' Was that how he really felt, or was he just drunk?

''Well. What do you have to say?'' He finally asked.

''Umm. Th-thank you for my job?''

''Well, you have a lot of work ahead of you.'' He began pacing in front of his desk. ''You're going to be my assistant from now on so you're going to be on your feet a lot. Plus you have to go run errands for me, so you'll need an easy way of getting around.''

''I don't have a car.'' Oh god! He was going to fire me already. I didn't even last a full day.

''We have company cars for our employees.''

''Oh good-''

''Is interrupting me a habit of yours because if it is, you can get out right now.''

Should I say sorry, or would I be interrupting again?

''Well?!''

''I'm sorry.'' I bowed my head. ''But can I ask one question?''

''Make it quick.''

''Where am I going to be working?''

''Right over there.'' He pointed past me, and I saw a small desk. 

''In here? With you?'' No! It was already hard enough for me to be in the same building as him, let alone room!

''Is it a problem?!'' 

''Annimnida''

''Good, go ahead and take a seat.''

Doojoon's POV

She took a seat behind her desk. The desk I had placed in my office at 5:30 in the morning so she could be with me.

''Lily, files these for me.'' I handed her a folder with magazine covers from the beginning of this year.

''Did you design these?'' She smiled.

''Well I helped. The design team did most of it, why?''

''Well, no offense but these clothes aren't really practical for playing soccer, are they?''

''Mwoh?! Are you insulting my work?!''

''No! I just...nevermind.'' She sat back down, and began her work.

''Sir! The review has come out!'' Gikwang came sprinting in. ''It doesn't benefit us at all.'' He handed me a newspaper.

''What does it say?'' I heard Lily ask.

''Oh! Lily! You're here?!'' Gikwang took a seat on her desk. ''Sir, what happened to the spare office we have? I thought-''

''Thank you Gikwang youy may leave now!''

''Let's have lunch Lily.'' He whispered before leaving. 

''Ms. Song, call everyone into the meeting room.'' This article was bad news for us, and had to be discussed.

''Ne.''

Lily's POV

''Make sure you take a lot of notes. He always looks at them later.'' Hyunseung whispered to me as we sat in the meeting room, waiting for Doojoon.

''I'm really happy you decided to come Lily.'' Junhyung smiled. 

''How is it so far?'' Yoseob grinned.

''Well it's a bit awkward right now, but I'm trying my best.''

''Isn't he a real pain-''

''Has everyone seen the article?'' Dongwoon was cut off by Doojoon who came strolling in , and took a seat at the head of the table.

''Ne!'' They all said in unison. --I wasn't about to waste my time reading the newspaper--

''Then you all should understand why I am upset!'' His fist banged onto the hard wood. ''Ms. Song please read it for us.''

Great! This wasn't going to be good. I stood up, and cleared my throat.

''NEPA's latest release of soccer wear. Success or fail?

NEPA is known as the highest brand of fashion for anyone who wants to be taken seriously in sports. But is it becoming too much? With this seasons new release buyers find the style too impracractical for playing sports. One even went into detail on saying ''When you look at the clothes on idols they look wonderful, but you have to stop and ask yourself. Is this really something I could wear on the field, and play best to my ability?'' Is NEPA taking a plunge in the business, or will they rise with new ideas?'' I slowly took my seat after reading that terrible report.

''Is this acceptable?!?'' The booming of his voice made me shake. ''What am I paying you for if this is what you guys come up with?! Lee Gikwang! As the style representative I am holding you responsible! You get to say what goes so why did you give the ok for this seasons release if you weren't 100% it would sell?!?''

''Sir, I was confident that it would-''

''Shutup!'' 

''Mr. Yoon!'' Before I could even stop myself I rose to my feet. Poor Gikwang was getting yelled at for something that wasn't fully his fault. ''I don't think it's right to yell at Gikwang like this...isn't everyone at fault together?'' The confidence that I had left me when I saw how angry Doojoon looked. 

''Sir, no disrespect, but I would like to take some of the blame from Gikwang. It wasn't completely his fault.'' Dongwoon added. ''I didn't do my best with getting our concept known to our main share holders.''

''Yes, I could've worked harder with how our clothes were advertised. I'm sorry.'' Junhyung piped in. Just then my phone vibrated in my pocket. I slid it out from under my paperwork, and checked my message under the table. It was from Chansung.

''Lily, I couldn't get any sleep last night worrying about you T_T...Let's talk.''

My heart tugged at his words. If it wasn't for work I would've ran to him, but now I had to stay with Doojoon.

I quickly began to type. ''Channie, I need to explain myself so you understand I only love you. I can't come to you at the moment but-''

''Ms. Song! Are you going to stay there all day?! Go to luch, you don't have much time.'' I looked up, and saw everyone getting up. I went back to my phone, and retyped my message.

''Channie, I love you. I'll be over as quick as possible, plz wait for me <3''