Kick Him Where It Hurts

Returning To Different Feelings [IFSWYA Sequel]

''Lily, what are you getting an outfit for?'' Chansung asked while I was trying on another dress.

''What do you think?'' I burst through the curtain, and noticed he bought a pretzel while I was changing.

''It's cute.'' He said with a full mouth.

''Chansung you've said the same thing about every outfit I've tried on today.'' I pouted.

''Well they've all been cute. Honestly anything you wear looks cute on you.'' He shrugged.

''Thanks.'' I was glad Chansung was with me. He always made me feel good about myself, and I didn't have any worries when we were together. It was like no matter what issues I had I knew I would always be alright as long as I was with him.

''Get this one.'' He pointed at a purple dress that I tried on previously. ''I'll wear a purple tie so we match.'' 

''Ok!'' I jumped up, and ran back to my dressing room. I stretched my arm back, but couldn't reach the zipper. ''Ugh why am I able to zip it up, but never down!'' I growled. ''Umm Chansung!'' I called.

''Yeah?'' He jumped to his feet.

''Umm, can you...?'' I pointed to the zipper, and held up my hair. I got goose bumps from his touch. I watched him through the mirror as he slowly ped me. OMG! I couldn't have been any redder. The butterflies in my stomach were flipping around on a rush of energy.

''Stop! That's not Doojoon!'' I whispered to my stomach.

''Hmm?'' Chansung looked at me through the mirror.

''Nothing! Thanks'' My face was probably the shade of a cherry.

''Aigoo! Did I make you blush?'' He smiled. ''I made you blush didn't I!'' He sounded like a child.

''No you didn't!'' I slid the curtain in his face, and changed back into my own clothes. It was true he did make me blush. He also made my heart stop, and sent the butterflies in my stomach on a rollercoaster. I couldn't help but have these feelings for him after being his close friend for so long, but I had to hide them. At least until I reunited with Doojoon, and felt real love.

''Will this be everything?'' The store clerk asked as she put my purple halter dress in a bag.

''Yes. Thank you.'' I reached for my bag, but Chansung grabbed it along with my hand, and we walked out of the store together.

''Lily, what's going to happen when we go back to Korea?'' He asked as we jumped in a taxi.

''Well, I'm gonna start job hunting. I'm sure there are plenty of business' that will take me.'' My dream job was to be an athletic doctor. Providing medicine for athletes that got very bad injuries.

''I mean with us.'' He looked quite serious, and hesitant at the same time.

''Well we'll be best friends like now. Nothing will change.'' I smiled hoping that was the right answer.

''Best friends? Nothing will change?'' Apparently not. The frown on his face showed he was irritated with me.

''What? Are we not best friends?'' I took a look at the cab driver who was secretly watching our conversation, and lowered my voice. ''What did I say that was wrong?''

''Everything!'' For the rest of the cab ride Chansung sat quiet with his arms folded. When we finally got out I couldn't take the silence any longer.

''Yah! Hwang Chansung! Stop being four and tell me what's wrong!'' I blocked his way from our apartment building.

''Lily move.'' He tried getting past.

''No!'' I stood my ground.

''Ok!'' He picked me up, and threw me over his shoulder.

''Yah! Put me down now!! Chansung if you don't let me go right now you'll never be able to have children!!'' My threats did nothing but make his grip around my waist grow tighter. He walked to Sunhi, and I's dorm, and put me on my feet.

''Yah-'' He placed his hand over my mouth.

''I know, you're going to kick me where it hurts. I've heard it already, but there's no use. You've already kicked me where it hurts more.'' He placed his hand over his chest.

''Ah Chansung, what are you doing?'' Sunhi opened the door behind me. For a minute we just stared at each other with exasperated looks. 

''Leaving'' He walked away without another word.

''What's up with him?'' Sunhi frowned. ''Come on Lily.'' She pulled me through the door, and onto the couch. ''What was that about?'' She wasn't going to let me go until I told her everything. She hated when I told her ''nothing'' when there was clearly something wrong.

''I don't know he's being bipolar.'' I slouched back in my seat.

''Lily, something must've happened for him to act like that. Did you say something?''

''Well I mean he asked me about what was going to happen when we got back to Korea.''

''And?''

''I told him I would get a job, and he and I would still be best friends.'' I knew that's what pissed him off.

''Well isn't it obvious? He wants more than that. Come on Lily you're not that oblivious.'' She flicked my nose.

''I know, but...ugh why are men so complicating!?'' I yelled into a pillow.

''They're not. Unlike us girls they tell you exactly what they want. You just have to compromise with him.''

''What do you mean compromise?'' 

''Don't tell me you don't have feelings for Chansung. You'd be lying to me. He adores you Lily, practically worships the ground you walk on. I haven't met this Doojoon guy but I know there's no one on this earth that can love you as much as Chansung does. If you have no intentions of being more than friends with him then just stop talking to him. It's only going to hurt him more when we go back, and you go running into Doojoon's arms.''

''What are you saying?'' I was on the verge of understanding her point.

''I'm saying your decision can't be made after we get back. It has to be made now. Either tell Chansung to stay behind, or tell him to come with. If you tell him to come with then you've made the right choice, but don't bother asking him to come back if you're only going to break his heart.''

''You're right.'' I sighed in defeat. My biggest fear with dating Chansung was seeing Doojoon, and completely losing anything I felt for Chansung. However, Sunhi was right, I couldn't string him along anymore. I had to make a choice before I got back to Korea, and I knew who I wanted to be with.