Anniversary Surprise

Returning To Different Feelings [IFSWYA Sequel]

 "You! Is there a reason you're interrupting my lecture right now?"

"I'm sorry something urgent came up." Technically he was interrupting his own lesson by even mentioning me, but I wasn't about to tell him that.

"Well I hope you don't irritate any of your responsible classmates for my notes." If I would've stayed in class for a few more minutes my professor wouldn't have made a comment about irresponsible students like me. However if I didn't leave right away my best friend Sunhi was going to have a panic attack. Ever since class started I've received texts from her in all caps about her boyfriend issues. I speed walked through campus to the Jamba Juice by the library to find Sunhi red in the face, and in the middle of sending me another text.

"Yah! Jang Sunhi! You do know I was in the middle of class!" I took a seat and sipped her smoothie.

"He forgot! Sunggyu hasn't contacted me once today! He forgot our anniversary!" She yelled.

"Sunhi I'm sure he didn't forget, he's probably waiting for the right time to do something special." I knew Sunggyu too well, and I knew for sure he didn't forget his anniversary. I've had to listen him tell me about his ideas of surprises for Sunhi for the past month.

"Yeah right! He's never been great with gifts to begin with. Remember for my birthday he bought me a One Direction CD."

"But you love One Direction?"

"yeah, but didn't I mention a gazillion times how I wanted to go to Cony Island?''

''Sunhi..take a deep breath, and snap out of it.'' I grabbed her face, and saw her pupils grow in size as she calmed down.

''You're lucky Chansung would never forget your anniversary.'' She pouted. That comment made me spit out the cold smoothie that was half way down my throat.

''You know we're just friends, we don't have an anniversary.'' Chansung, and I stopped talking once he graduated high school in Seoul. I remember my first day in NYU I was like a lost puppy. I didn't know my way around, and when I saw Chansung on campus I started crying with joy. I didn't know that he got accepted here after high school. 

''Psht, you guys are always together! Seriously why won't you two just date already?'' She was right. Chansung was my best friend beside her. 

''I've told you already...I have someone back home.'' Just thinking of Doojoon brought a smile on my face. When I left I promised him that I wouldn't love anyone other than him, and when I got back we would be together. Yes that was all the way back in high school, but we've been best friends since birth. A few years apart couldn't break that bond right?

''Who do you have at home Lily?'' I heard a familiar voice behind me. I turned in my chair, and saw Sungyeol, and Jay walking in.

''Hey guys.'' Sunhi smiled.

''Wah! Sunhi, why are your pupils so big?!'' Sungyeol gaped.

''She was just freaking out over Sunggyu.'' I explained.

''Is it their anniversary or something?'' Jay asked.

''How'd you know?'' Sunhi grabbed her smoothie.

''Well, whenever it's time for you to get a gift dorm Sunggyu you always freak out.'' He said matter of factly.

''I do not!'' She protested.

''Yes! You do!'' The three of us said in unison.

''Do I really..?''

''It's ok Sunhi we know you're just worried your gift won't be as good.'' Sungyeol patted her head.

''Lily, can we go to the dorm now so I can wrap his present?''

''Sure, bye guys.'' I waved to Jay, and Sungyeol before leaving with Sunhi.

''So when we go back to Seoul after graduation we're moving in together right?''

''Of course! Do you think I'm graduating here to move back in with my dad?''

''Good, we have to find jobs right away though to pay the rent.''

''Yeah, I hope it won't be too hard.''

''It shouldn't. Who wouldn't hire two girls with diplomas from NYU?'' Sunhi smiled. 

Soon Sunhi, Sunggyu, and I were flying back to Korea after Sunhi, and I graduate. Sunggyu graduated a year before us along with Chansung, but Sunggyu was waiting for Sunhi to graduate before he flew back with us. I wasn't sure if Chansung was doing the same thing, or planning on living in New York for the rest of his life. We entered our dorm, and Sunhi skipped to her room to retrieve her gift.

''I've got the wrapping paper over here Sunhi!'' I yelled out my room door.

''Ok!'' After we got Sunggyu's gift wrapped, and sprinkled with glitter Sunhi dragged me over to the boys dorm. She was so nervous that Sunggyu actually forgot she wanted me to go in first and ask.

''Jang Sunhi! I'm not going in without you!'' I pulled her through the front door of Sunggyu, and Chansung's dorm, and we were both frozen from the sight. I heard Sunhi drop her gift behind me.

''Yeobo! Happy anniversary!'' I felt so bad for how pathetic Sunggyu sounded when he tried to salvage any sweetness out of the situation. Him, and Chansung were sitting on the floor with what looked like chocolate all over them, and ice cream. Chansung had a mouth full of waffles. There were flower petals scattered around their living room, and a small fire was coming out of the garbage can.

''What...'' I wasn't even able to finish my sentence from the astonishment.

''Lily! We should go!'' Chansung tried to get on his feet, but slid from the chocolate, and landed on his face.

''Omo!'' I ran over to help him, but fell over from his weight. ''Chansung!! I'm covered in chocolate!!'' I yelled.

''Actually it's nutella'' He wiped my cheek covered in nutella, and his finger. ''Mmm yummy.'' He laughed.

Sunhi was still standing at the doorway in shock.

''Sunhi! I swear I didn't forget! I planned a romantic dessert for us with nutella, and ice cream, but Chansung ate it! I'm sorry!'' Sunggyu pleaded as he removed himself from the mess without falling like Chansung did. Sunhi looked near tears. We were all waiting for her reaction.

''You made me a dessert with nutella?!'' She grinned widely. ''I love it!'' She jumped in his arms getting nutella all over her shirt.

''I'm glad you like it. But can we go to a restaurant, I don't think I can salvage what's left here.'' Sunggyu glared at Chansung who began eating the waffle that was in his mouth earlier.

''Yah, if your that hungry I'll buy you something.'' I laughed smacking the waffle away.

''Sorry Gyu!'' Chansung rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

''Umm guys?'' Sunhi frowned.

''Yeah?'' The three of us said in unison.

''Who's going to put out that fire?'' We all looked over at the trash can in flames that sat in the corner forgotten.

''Holy !'' Chansung leapt to his feet, and put it in the sink.

''C'mon Sunhi. Let's go get some ice cream.'' Sunggyu grabbed her hand, and they left together. Now it was just Chansung, and I.

''Hey, come help me clean this up.'' He said from the kitchen.

''Why should I? You made the mess.'' I joked.

''Please?'' I couldn't resist his pleading. It was too cute.

''Fine.'' I pulled my self off the floor, and slid to the kitchen on the trail of nutella.

''You're a mess.'' He laughed. Actually both of us were. He had nutella on his nose, in his hair, on his hands. I had it all over my hands, and face.

''You are more than me.'' I suddenly remembered the conversation Sunhi, and I had about returning to Korea, and built up the courage to ask Chansung if he was coming with.

''What are you thinking about?'' He noticed my distant gaze, and the fact that I tend to bite my lip when I'm thinking too hard.

''I'm graduating soon...'' I started.

''I know. What about it?''

''Well once I do Sunhi, Sunggyu, and I are going back...''

''I know.''

''Well are you going to come with us?!'' He was practically forcing me to ask.

He smiled. ''Why do you want me to?'' He was loving making me say it.

''..well I mean it would be cool if-''

''So no?''

''No! I mean yes!'' This wasn't going well. ''Ugh. Please come back with us.'' I wrapped my arms around his waste, and hugged him from behind. He turned off the sink, and turned around to face me.

''That's all you had to say.'' He chuckled, and returned the hug.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

yay first chapter complete!!! I hope you liked it ^_^