Chapter 7

Is Falling In Love That Hurt?

 

 

No one’s POV

It was already a week after that accident and Kikwang was Minji’s bodyguard. Kikwang and Minji was walking together to Minji’s house. “Kwangie oppa!” Minji called. Kikwang turned his head to Minji “Neh?”. “Can we get some ice cream first?” Minji asked. “I guess it’s fine with me.. But how about your brother?” Kikwang said. “It’s okay.. Let me handle it~” Minji winked. “Okay, then.. Let’s goo!” Kikwang grabbed Minji’s hands and skipped their way to the ice cream shop. ‘I don’t wanna let it go..’ Minji thought.

“Jajjang!! We’re here!” Minji clapped like a little girl. “What do you want to order?” Minji asked Kikwang when it was their time to order. “I’ll have a cone of vanilla.” Kikwang pointed. “And you, miss?” The ice cream shop’s keeper asked. “I’d like to have a cone of Cookies and Cream!” Minji gives her, her cute eye-smile.

“Okay.. Is that all?” Minji and Kikwang nodded. “That would be $30!” The shop keeper said. Kikwang was about to reach his wallet but Minji stopped him. “My treat..” Minji smiled sweetly. Kikwang sent her his famous cute eye-smile before leaving her, walking to a seat at the side of the window. “You two are really a cute couple!” The shop keeper said. ‘I wish we were..’ Minji thought. “A-aniyo.. He’s just my bestfriend..” Minji smiled. “Oh, really?” The shop keeper asked. Minji nodded and smiled before going to Kikwang.

After they eat their ice creams, they walk home together with a smile plastered in their faces like a kid. “Waah.. The ice cream was sooo nice..!” Minji widen her arms when she sat at the couch. “You think all ice creams are nice..” Kikwang rolled his eyes. “That’s right, oppa… All ice creams IS nice..” Minji pouted. Kikwang poked her pout. “Oppa~~~” Minji whined. “Whaaa~~t?”Kikwang whined too.

“Let’s go to the park.. I’m bored just sitting here…” Minji suggested. “I thought you have homeworks?” Kikwang said. “Already done at lunch~” Minji said in a sing a song voice. “Oh, luckily I don’t have any..” Kikwang clapped and stood up. “Let’s go then..” Minji said after putting her shoes. Kikwang was already at the door way, waiting for Minji. When Minji was already beside Kikwang, Kikwang ran to the front gate. “Oppa!!!!!!! Wait for meeeeeee!!!” Minji shouted while running as fast as she can. FINALLY, she reached Kikwang who was walking calmly with hands in his pocket.

“Waah.. The air is so nice~” Minji smiled. Kikwang and Minji walked in the park, but decided to take a seat at a bench near the pond and near the place where there was teenagers at their school and some others dancing. “Ooh, oppa! Look, look!” Minji pointed at one of the teenagers who was doing a flare. “Could you do that?” Minji asked Kikwang. Kikwang shook his head, “But I could do better..” Kikwang smirked.

Kikwang dragged Minji to the dancing spot and does some dance, causing the teenagers to turn their attention on him. “New comer, huh? Nice one..” The one who does the flare said. “Thanks..” a simple thanks was slipping from Kikwang’s mouth. “So, want to try a battle?” The guy asked. “Ooh.. Joon, don’t be hard, though..!” his friend teased. “Sure, why not?” Kikwang smiled. “Oppa, are you sure?” Minji asked, earning a nod from Kikwang.

“So, who’s first?” Kikwang asked. Joon pointed at him. “Erm.. Okay..” Kikwang cleared his throat and do a freeze. Lee Joon walked to the center and do a freeze, then he does a crossed leg shoulder stance. When he does that, everybody laughs at him. But Kikwang doesn’t give up and do the freeze, and crossed leg shoulder stance –half failed--, and do a crossed-leg roll around, cracking everyone’s laughter. “This is sooo funny..” Minji patted her tummy, that was already hurting because of laughing.

Lee Joon does all of the moves and added a cross-legged run. The dance battle turned to be a funny one because it’s cracking everyone up. When Kikwang was done with the cross-legged run, he turned his crossed legs and push it until he make a perfect handstand. “Wooaaahhh!!! A handstand!” Everybody clapped, while looking at the smiling Kikwang. Lee Joon was tough, though.. Lee Joon does all of the moves and added a sliding and a triple spin.

“Wahahahha~ Come on, Kikwang! If you didn’t spin tree times, you’re lost!” A student from their high school said. Kikwang his lips and bit it a little. But at expected, he did it perfectly and added a leg split. Lee Joon does the leg split and added a acrobatic spin. Kikwang did the same but his was a little bit weird because at the end, he’s about to fall. And here it is, Kikwang’s secret weapon that he’s being practiced millionth time. The BACKFLIP.  Kikwang straighten his hand to the air and took a deep breath while jumping, warming up his body to do a backflip. The did it once again and do a perfect backflip, making all of them clapping for him AND making Lee Joon panick. Lee Joon’s face was in a total panick.

“Joon-ah.. Don’t do it! It’s dangerous!” his friend called Seungho said. “I’d rather die..” Lee Joon said, causing everybody to laugh at his statement. “Ani, Joon-sshi.. It is really dangerous.. When I tried it for the first time, I fell and my back was in pain for 2 weeks!” Kikwang said. ‘Aish.. I hate loosing..’ Joon thought. “Aaaakh~~~” Lee Joon grabbed his front hair with his hand and clunch his body to the ground.

“Woohoo!! I win!” Kikwang said for the millionth time when the two get back home, but they’re still at the park. “It’s just because of your backflip..” Minji rolled her eyes. “Then, can you do it?” Kikwang challenged. “Of course I can.. Don’t you remember? I’ve been always 1st in gymnastic competition for 4 years in a row back in the states..” Minji gave Kikwang a mehrong. “Then prove it!” Kikwang demanded. “What ever you said..” Minji shrugged her shoulder and took a deep breath before do small jumps.

And then, there it is. A perfect elastic backflip by Minji. “Ooh.. And there’s more..” Minji said to Kikwang. Minji do 3 backward flip *Not a backflip.. But like a back salto! And for the ending, she does a backflip. “How about that, huh?!” Minji smiled in victory. “You know that I can’t do that..” Kikwang pouted. “Haha! In your face, oppa..” Minji laughed.

And then, there’s a man in a chocolate jacket approaching them. “Excuse me..” he said. “Neh?” They said in unison. “I’m from JYP Entertainment, and JYP is searching trainees now.. I’ve found you do a dance battle with Lee Joon and you , who does a backflip and the triple back salto before, right?” the man said. “Y-You’re from JYP?” Minji asked, earning a nod from the man. “So, I’m offering the places to you two.. To you, Mr..” “Lee Kikwang” “Neh, Mr. Lee Kikwang and…” “Yoon Minji” “Mr. Lee Kikwang and Ms. Yoon Minji.” The man said. “Uhmm.. Well, I have to ask to my mom and my brother first..” Minji said. “I have to ask to my parents..” Kikwang said too.

“Everyone needs time, right? So, here’s my card! Contact me when you’re ready with the answers!” the man said before leaving them with two card. The two boosted their ways to the Yoon’s house, making the two of them breathless. “Where are you guys from? And why are you guys sooo breathless?” Doojoon asked when they arrived.

“Oppa.. Me and Kikwang oppa was asked to join the JYP..” Minji said. Doojoon laughed like there’s something to laugh for. Minji pulled the card and give it to Doojoon. “Need to laugh about it again?” Minji asked. Doojoon immediately shooked his head while he was busy admiring the card. “Oh, come on, hyung! Why are you admiring a card?!” Kikwang asked.

“E-Eh??” Doojoon was startled. “I’m not!” Doojoon said. “You were..” Minji and Kikwang rolled their eyes.

 

Author's little note:

Another update for the weekend!! Sorry for not updating earlier, but instead, I was updating at night.. >< Because this morning, I was in a trip with my friends to somewhere.. kkeke! And, the scenes when Kikwang and Lee Joon was dancing to *the dance battle* It was from Oh! My School episode 22! Here's the tape!

[Eng Sub] Lee Joon vs. Gikwang Dance Battle

Oh! And chek this out too!!! They're soooo adorable!

Lee Joon & Kikwang at OMS Aegyo Battle.

Soooo cute isn't it?! Lee Joon's beatbox was like 'kukswuikkjjakkkakk' LOL!!