Chapter 19

Is Falling In Love That Hurt?

 

Minji’s POV

“Your mother only have 1 hour to live”

That word always come to roam in my mind. My mom is dying. I came in myself to my mom’s hospital room. “eomma..” I whispered. Eomma looked at me weakly. Her face was paler than ever, her body was attached to the heartbeat detector. I walk slowly to the chair beside eomma.

“Eomma, don’t leave me..” I looked at her with a hurt expression, my eyes were already full of tears. My mom’s hand reached my face, and my mom caress my cheek softly. “I’m sorry, Minnie.. Eomma is very sorry, I wish I could’ve done more to you..” Eomma’s voice was trembling. I can’t hold it anymore, and there it is.

I cried with my mom’s hand on my cheek. Her thumb wiped off my tears softly as I cried. “A-a-aniyo.. I’m the one who is sorry, eomma.. I-I-I’m not even a superstar yet, I-I still can’t make you proud, eo-eomma..” My voice cracked.

“Minji.. You’re my only daughter, and you can act, dance, sing, and even play music instruments.. But you don’t need all of that to make me proud. Just being the way you are is always making me proud.” Eomma smiled weakly to me,

“Watching you perform on stage always made me proud, how you work hard for your debut and the way you always visit me every week.” her eyes was teary as she ended her words.

“Eomma.. D-Don’t leave m-me..” I sobbed. “I-I’m sorry, M-Minji..” Eomma’s voice was getting weaker every second. “Mi-Minji.. Promise me something..” “Neh, eomma?” I asked her while tears were still streaming down in my cheeks.

“T-take care of your brother and yourself..” No.. Those words, those words means goodbye.. Eomma, please.. Don’t leave me.. Jebal.. “Eomma..” I can’t do anything but to say ‘eomma’. Her tears were falling down from her eyes, her lips were trembling.

“M-Minji.. D-Don’t ev-er g-give up y-yo-your d-reams.. W-word h-hard..” Eomma layed down as she was getting weaker than ever. “Eomma, andwae..” I mumbled. “Stay healthy…” eomma whispered. “Eomma.. Please, don’t leave me..” I sobbed.

“Honey, e-even your heart w-was sh-shattering t-to p-pieces, k-ke-keep s-smiling..” I nodded my head slowly as tears were falling endlessly. “I’m sorry I-I c-cant ma-make you p-prou-----“ the heart monitor was making a straight line.

I was shocked, her hand falls from my face as I stared at eomma in horror. “Eo-eomma..” I shooked her body. “EOMMA!!!!!!” My knees were shaking as I shook her body again. “Eomma.. D-don’t d-do this..” I whispered. The doctor and nurses were running to the room to “shock” her to bring her to live.

Doojoon oppa, Kikwang oppa, Hyuna unnie, and G.Na unnie came in as the doctor and the nurses were hurrying to the room. Doojoon oppa was stood frozen beside the bed.

“Oppa.. Tell me this was a dream. Tell me eomma was fine!!!!” I sobbed while shooking oppa’s hand. “Minji, I’m sorry..” Doojoon oppa hung his head low and I could see tears were falling from his eyes.

“Eomma..” I sobbed, and suddenly, someone was hugging me and comforting me. I looked up and saw Kikwang oppa with a sad face looking at me.

“I’m sorry, Minnie..” Kikwang oppa hugged me tighter. As I was in his arms, I don’t know why, my heart was feeling a pang. The pain that were vanished a year ago, just came back.

All the pain were coming back, I just cry harder in his arms. “Minnie.. I’m sorry..” Hyuna unnie and G.Na unnie caressed my hair. I clutch my fist to Kikwang oppa’s shirt and sobbed.

“Ready.. Shock!” “Ready… Shock!” all of those words were repeated over and over as I was waiting still in Kikwang oppa’s arms. “Oppa.. You know that I’ll cry harder if you hug me..” I whispered while sobbing. “Then let it all out..” Kikwang oppa patted my back.

“I’m sorry.. We can’t do anything..” I heard the doctor talked to Doojoon oppa. “T-thank you for trying, doctor..” Doojoon oppa said faintly.

I pulled out from Kikwang oppa’s embrace and walk to the door. As I walked outside, I saw everybody rose up from their seats and looked at me.

“Minnie.. I’m sorry..” Yoseob oppa lightly hugged me. “It’s okay..” I smiled weakly and made my way to the van. This is it..

Where my heart shattered to pieces. “Minji, are you okay?” the driver asked. I sent him a weak smile and told him that I was okay.

“Can you drive me to the dorm?” I asked, earning a nod from the driver.

 

No one’s POV

A while later….

Minji arrived at her dorm and weakly walk to her room. She locked the door and lay on the bed. Tears were beaming again, her thoughts were mixed up, her heart was breaking into pieces.

“Eomma.. Why did you have to leave?” Minji mumbled sadly while tears were flowing. She rose up and took a short shower and lay on her bed again, cover her body with her blanket and close her eyes.

 

Minji’s manager were walking to Minji’s dorm since they lived together, she entered the code and enters the dorm. SILENCE. “Where is she?” Minji’s manager mumbled. “Minji?” She called. No answer.

“Maybe she’s sleeping” Minji’s manager managed to think positive and so to bed because it’s already midnight.

The next day, Minji didn’t even got out from her room. “Minji?” Minji’s manager knocked on Minji’s door. But still, no answer. But she can hear sobs from the room. “Minji, are you okay?” Minji’s manager asked again. No answer.

With full of worries, Minji’s manager called Doojoon. After the 3rd ring, he finally pick up. “Yoboeseyo?” Doojoon greeted. “Doojoon-sshi.. It’s Minji’s manager” Minji’s manager said.

“Oh, do you need anything?” Doojoon asked. “Um.. No actually.. I wanted to ask something..” Minji’s manager said while still looking at Minji’s door.

“What is it, noona?” Doojoon asked.

“What happen to Minji? She locked herself in her room since yesterday night and she was sobbing..” Minji’s manager said.

“S-she didn’t tell you?” Doojoon asked. “Tell me what?” Minji’s manager asked.

“O-Our m-mom pass-passed away..” Doojoon choked with his own tears. “I’m sorry, Doojoon-ah..” Minji’s manager said in regret. “It’s okay, noona.. I’m setting up the funeral.. and.. and I hope you could take care of Minji about for 2 days..” Doojoon said.

“I will, Doojoon-ah..” “Noona, I have to go.. Annyeong” Doojoon said and ended the conversation. Minji’s manager sighs and then tried to knock Minji’s door again.

“Minji-ah.. You have to eat..” Minji’s manager said. NO ANSWER.

“This is getting worse..” Minji’s manager mumbled.

 

Author's little note:

A update in the weekend! Sorry, readers! I couldn't update from the last 4 days because I'm sick.. I was sick yesterday, well.. I'm still sick now..==" I was better now, but my back is aching because my mom rubbed my back with a coin to make me more healthy..

I can't update because of my health, sorry~ I hope all of my readers understand! But, where is my comments? Should I just not continue the story now? Where are my readers~?

No silent readers, please~

Comments are LOVED♥

Thanks for commenting~