Chapter 11

Is Falling In Love That Hurt?

 

Where we left behind…

“Doojoon-ssi.. I’m sorry to tell this.” The doctor said. “Just tell me what it is!!!” Doojoon cutted him, practically he shouted at him. He was getting impatient with worry. She is the only sister he have. And the next word from the doctor makes Doojoon froze.

“Doojoon-sshi, your sister has a heart disease.” the doctor said.

 

Chapter 11

 

“W-what?!” Doojoon whispered. It was like his voice was drowned because of shock. “Yes. I’m sorry, Doojoon-ssi..” The doctor apologize. “Y-You’re lying.. Haha.. You’re lying right?!” Tears was start beaming at Doojoon’s eyes. “I’m not lying, Doojoon-ssi.. You may see her now..” The doctor said. Doojoon stood up and bow to the doctor before leaving the room. Outside the room, all of Minji’s friends was not there.

‘They must been in her room’ Doojoon thought. Doojoon walk slowly to Minji’s room. He could hear his friends voice from the hallway before he could enter. Doojoon enters the room and all eyes were landed on him. “What did the doctor said?” Yoseob asked. Doojoon was still in shock, he couldn’t say anything. “Umm.. Oppas, unnies, Sohyun-ah.. Could- could you leave us two for a minute?” Minji asked. “Sure..” they said as they leaved the room.

“Oppa.. What did the doctor say?” Minji asked. “T-The.. doctor said..” Doojoon finally spoke up. “What did he said?” Minji was very nervous, she’s afraid that she was having some problems with her health. “The doctor said.. that you have a heart disease..” Doojoon looked at the floor. He was crying. ‘Why am I being like this? I can’t cry in front of her!’ Doojoon thought. Doojoon wiped his tears and looked at the shocked Minji.

 

“Minnie.. He.. He said that you may die..” Doojoon whispered. “D-Die?” Minji asked, she couldn’t handle it anymore, she burst out crying. “O-oppa.. You.. You’re lying right? It’s just a joke, right?!?!” Minji whispered. “I’m sorry, Minnie..” Doojoon hugged Minji tightly. “Should I tell the others?” Doojoon asked. “Aniyo.. You should tell the others.. But not Kikwang oppa..” Minji hugged her brother more tightly. “Oppa.. Why don’t you talk with the others outside while I talk to Kikwang oppa inside?” Minji suggested while wiping her tears, earning a nod from Doojoon.

“Kwang-ah..” Doojoon called. “Neh, hyung?” Kikwang asked. “Minji wanted to talk to you. Kikwang nodded, stood up and enters the room. “Miss me?” Kikwang chuckled. “Haha.. Funny..” Minji rolled her eyes. “Minnie-ah.. I have a good news!” Kikwang smiled brightly. “What is it?” Minji asked. “I-umm.. I finally.. In a relationship!” Kikwang clapped. Minji’s heart was aching and breaking into pieces. “O-oh.. With who?” Minji asked. “Min!” Kikwang smiled.

‘Why her, oppa?’ Minji thought. *SNAP* *SNAP* “Minnie?” Kikwang snaps his finger in front of Minji’s face. “E-Eh? Oh, yeah.. I’m happy for you, oppa!” Minji lied while hugging Kikwang. Ring Ring Ring Ring, Kikwang’s phone was ringing. “Oh. It’s Min.. I better pick it up..” Kikwang said. “Wait.. Oppa, do you mind calling the others?” Minji asked. Kikwang nodded while smiling, making his way to the door and call the others before answering the phone.

“Minnie.. I’m sorry..” Jiyoon hugged her. “I-It’s okay, unnie..” Minji sent her a weak smile. “We knew that you’re not okay..” Hyunseung said while giving her a concerned face. Minji covered her face with her palms and started crying. The others hugged her. “Oppas, unnies.. Kikwang oppa.. he’s with Min unnie..” Minji sobbed. “W-what?!” they said in unison. “He-He was so happy, I-I..” Minji cried more.

“Unnie.. I’m so sorry..” Sohyun hugged Minji, who was crying louder. “It’s going to be alright..” Yoseob patter her back. “But, guys..” Doojoon said, making the others looked at him. “The doctor said that she have to flew to the states.. To get a heart transplant..” Doojoon said. “Maybe it’s for the best..” Doojoon continued. “I will settle it later..” Minji mumbled while wiping her tears. She smiled sincerely to the others. “Thank you, oppas, unnies, Sohyun-ah.. For being there for me..” Minji smiled.

 

A week later, Minji was getting out from the hospital. The next other day, it was still the same. Kikwang was always happy around her because of Min. Minji’s heart was still aching because of Kikwang, yet, because of the disease too. One day, all of the 4minute members, the B2ST members, and Minji was gathering at Minji’s house. But Minji couldn’t see Kikwang, because if she did, she would burst out crying.

So, for her best, she just locked herself in her room. “Minnie-ah.. Open the door.. Eat first..” Hyuna knocked her door. “I’m not hungry, unnie..” Minji said. “Please, Minnie.. eat the food..” Hyuna barged in to Minji’s room because of her room key was outside. “I-I.. okay..” Minji finally agrees and eat the food.

“I’ll get the water. Wait here, okay?” Hyuna smiled, earning a nod from Minji. Just after Hyuna gets out, Kikwang enters with a bright smile on his face. “Hi, Minnie..” Kikwang smiled. “Hi, oppa..” Minji smiled back. Things were like back then, when they’re playing together with the others.. No girlfriends bothering them. “I was gonna ask you.. I want to get Min on a date.. Where should I pick? The amusement park or the other?” Kikwang asked. “O-oh.. I-I think to the amusement park..” Minji said. “Waah! You’re the best! Thank you—“ *RING* *RING* “Oh.. It’s Min.. Better pick it up!” Kikwang storms out from her bedroom.

“This is too much..”