Chapter 21

Is Falling In Love That Hurt?

 

After 20 minutes driving, both of them finally arrived at the funeral. There are Minji’s cousins, Mrs. Yoon’s sister and brother, and Mrs. Yoon’s friends. All of them were sad, it was written all over their faces.

Yoseob and Minji walked together and found Doojoon and the others sitting at the left side of the room. Both of them walk together slowly to them.

“Oppa” Minji called Doojoon. Doojoon, who was looking down, looked up and saw Minji.

“Finally you came..” Doojoon slowly hugged Minji. Minji hugged back while patting his back. “I heard that you lock yourself in your room for 2 days?” Doojoon asked again as they separate from the hug.

“Uhh.. Well…” Minji scratched her neck. “I was going to walk out but the door was broken so, what can I do?” Minji explained. “Then, how can you be here?” Doojoon asked.

“Yoseob oppa barged in..” Minji pointed at Yoseob who was sitting beside Junhyung. “Check…” the MC checked the mike. All the attention was landed on him, the MC.

“Mrs. Yoon Minhee’s funeral is going to start now. For Mrs. Yoon’s family, please stand near the box” the MC said. Doojoon and Minji, and Mrs. Yoon’s brother and sister walked near the box.

“Imo..” Minji hugged Mrs. Yoon’s only sister, who was crying. “Minji..” Minji’s aunt hugged back, and separate the hug. “Be strong” Minji’s uncle hugged Minji after.

The priest was saying some of the words, asking for God’s blessing, so Mrs. Yoon can arrive at the heaven safely. After his words, he stepped back and bless Mrs. Yoon’s dead body.

“Mrs. Yoon’s family may give some words. Starting from her sibling to her children.” The MC said. Minji’s uncle and Minji’s aunt give some words, describing Mrs. Yoon’s attitude.

After both of the say some words, it was Doojoon’s time to give some words. Doojoon grabbed the mike and took a deep breath.

“My mom was a amazing mom. She was always been there for me and my sister, when we’re sick, when we’re mad, when we’re sad. She was never mad at me even when I made something wrong. She.. She was so amazing..” Doojoon said while wiping his tears.

Doojoon give the mike to Minji as he finishes his words. Minji grabbed the mike slowly, and pull the mike closer to her lips.

“My mom.. she.. she was always been there for me. She never left my side when I was having hard times. Even when I said I am okay, she would never believe me and she hugged me while saying ‘I know you’re not’. She- she was annoying sometimes, but then I realize it was for my best. My mom is the most precious thing in the world for me.” Minji said slowly as tears were streaming at her flawless face.

The MC walked towards Minji to have the mike back but Minji whispered something to the MC’s ears. All of the people at the funeral looked at them in confusion when the MC nodded.

“I-I wanted to sing a song for my mom.” Minji said as she step forward, nearer to the box so she can see her mom. The pianist started to play a sad slow melody as Minji pulled the mike closer to her lips.

 

Minji’s POV

When the MC was approaching me to take the mike back, I thought that I really want to sing to my mom something. “MC-ssi… I wanted to sing something for my mom first, can I?” I whispered, earning a nod from the MC.

“I-I wanted to sing a song for my mom.” I said as I stepped forward, nearer to my mom’s box. Her pale face was making me more sad.

I pulled the mike closer to my lips and the pianist started to play the sad slow melody of the song.

“I’m gonna sing Girls’ Generation’s Dear Mom. This is dedicated to my lovely mom. Thank you, mom..” I whispered to the mike slowly before it was the perfect time to sing.

Oneureun waenji himdeulgo jichyeo
Begaereul kkeureo aneun chae honja bangane nama
Jeonhwagil manjijakkeorineun naye maeumi
Waenji oneulttara weroun geojyo

I closed my eyes as I started to sing the song. I used to hear the song when I missed my mom. I really missed my mom. I’ve lost her forever.


Gapjagi ullin jeonhwaye nolla, ah~
Bap meogeonneunji geokjeonghaneun eomma moksoriga
Gwichanke deullyeotteon geu mari onereun dareun geol
Itgo isseotteon yaksokdeuri tteo ollayo

I opened my eyes and I stared at my mom while tears were start beaming in my eyes.


Maeumi yeppeun sarami dwelgeyo
Nameul meonjeo saenggakhaneun saram dwelgeyo
Eommaye sarange baramdeureun jikyeo galgeyo
Nawa kkumeurhamkke nanudeon
Nae meoril bitgyeo judeon eommaga saenggangna

 

Ttaeron jalmottwen seontaekdeullo apahaetjiman
Amu mal eobshi dwieseo jikyeobwa jusyeotjyo
Seontulgo eorin aijiman ijen al geot gatayo
Eommaye joyonghan gidoye ulmireul

 

I faced the audience  now. I can see all of their eyes were full of tears as they heard me sing the sad song. ‘This is for you, eomma..’ I thought as I continued again.

Maeumi yeppeun sarami dwelgeyo (Ooh~ You’ve been there for me)
Nameul meonjeo saenggakhaneun saram dwelgeyo
Eommaye sarange baramdeureun jikyeo galgeyo
Nawa kkumeurhamkke nanudeon
Nae meoril bitgyeo judeon eommaga saenggangna

Eotteokhajyo ajik jageun nae mami
Eommaye soneul noheumyeon 
Honja jal hal su isseulji
Ajik bujokhan geot gata nan duryeoun geolyo

 

I slowly closed my eyes and droplets of tears were falling from my eyes. Today was the worst day ever. I’ve lost my mom.


Jihyeroun eommaye ttal dwelgeyo (Naege yonggireul jwoyo)
Eodilgado jarangseureon ttari dwelgeyo (Oh~ You've been there for me)
Eommaye sarange baramdeureun jikyeo galgeyo
Haneobshi boyeo jun sarangmankeum
Ttaseuhan mameul gajilgeyo
Sujubeo jaju pyohyeon mot haetjyo, oh whoa~


‘Eomma jeongmallo saranghaeyoI sang the last words slowly as I open my eyes. I bowed to the others and give the mike back to the MC. I walk to my seat again and wiped my tears.

“Eomma.. Thank you for everything..” I mumbled.

 

Author's little note:

Annyeong, readers!!!! I'm back again~ Wow, I have good news^^ \(^O^)/. I'm graduated from the 6th grade!!! Woohooo!! No more annoying teachers from now on!!! The Junior high school was DEFINETELY better than the primary school!!!

On Junior High, I can even work together when test was waiting! hhahaha!!!! Ohh.. I forgot to write this at the last chapter!!

HAPPY 20th CHAPTER ^^!!!!!

No silent readers, please!

Don't forget to drop a comment at the comment box^^