I can't

The story only I didn't know.

 

 
 
Minhee’s pov
 
My eyes rounded as wide as saucers, breath hitching as I watched L.Joe lean in closer to me. “L.Joe...” I murmured, finally becoming aware of the situation I was in. And without a second thought I felt myself pushing him away from me. I panicked as I saw him fall to the ground with a loud 'thud’, his face contorting in pain; “Omo!” I gasped, quickly kneeling down near him, “Gwaenchana?”
 
“A-Ahh,” L.Joe groaned in pain. His eyes were closed and his face was still in a state of pain; “I-I’m fine...” he weakly spoke up, opening his eyes and giving me a smile.
 
I sighed in relief, “Mian.”
 
“A-Aniya, it’s okay; nothing really happened,” he waved his hands, like he was flicking off air; “I’m fine,” he grinned, sitting up in a comfortable position, “See?”
 
“B-But I pushed you... and, uh, I pushed you rather...” I trailed off, “hard.” I looked over at him, my gaze both apologetic and concerned. “Are you sure you’re okay?”
 
He smiled, giving me a thumbs up; “Never felt better.”
 
“You sure?” 
 
“I’m sure,” he replied.
 
I genuinely smiled, “Well... we should get back. I’m sure unnie’s already forgotten about the whole incident.” I was ready to get up, but just as I held onto the swing for help to stand up something prohibited me from doing so. I soon felt L.Joe’s smooth, warm breath on my neck. It wasn’t until then that I noticed he had pulled me in for a hug - a little too tight for my liking - but it was comforting nonetheless; “L.Joe what-”
 
“Shh,” he hushed me, sending chills down my back. I unknowingly complied with his command. “Let’s stay like this...” he whispered in my ear, “a little longer.” 
 
 
L.Joe’s pov
 
I saw that Minhee was about to get up, so I quickly - without a second to lose - pulled her into my arms. I rested my head on her shoulder, inhaling her scent; cotton candy. I heard her gasp, stuttering out to ask me what I was doing, but I cut her off beforehand; “Shh, let’s just stay like this...” I paused, letting the last words escape my mouth in a smooth, calm tone. “a little longer.”
 
“But-” She was bound to speak when the sound of her phone went off, causing her to jump out of my embrace - leaving me alone on the ground, for she stood up to answer the call. “Yeobusey- Oh, Daehyunnie.” she greeted happily, smiling like there was no tomorrow; “Oh? Jinjja? Ahh, arasseo. I’ll be there.” 
 
I felt my stomach drop all of sudden from her words. She was leaving me... already?
 
“Yeah~ don’t worry. I promise.” she kept on speaking, her tone sounding merry and cheery. “I, no, uh...” she looked back to meet my gaze, “I’m with someone so don’t bother picking me up. I’ll just go with unnie. Okay?” She paused as she waited for him to reply, then she broke into another smile; “Okay. See you later, then. Mm, okay.”
 
‘So she’s really ditching me...’ I thought with a pout forming on my face. ‘Yah, what do you mean ‘ditching you’? She was never hanging out with you in the beginning, L.Joe. God, you’re so stupid.’ I was too busy fighting with my own silly, not to mention frustrated, thought that I hadn’t noticed Minhee calling my name.
 
“L.Joe?” 
 
“O-Oh, yeah?” I sputtered as I had finally managed to hear her calling my name. All though I should have continued to pretend like I hadn’t, just so that she could stay longer; cause I already knew what was going to come out of her lips and I didn’t like it one bit.
 
She apologetically smiled, fiddling around with her phone that was in her grasp; “I’ve got to go.”
 
‘No... don’t go. Stay here with me,’ I wanted to say, but all that came out from my lips was the total opposite. “Okay, I... I guess I’ll see you around then?”
 
“Mm,” she nodded with a small smile; “and sorry for pushing you awhile ago. I, um, yeah, sorry.” She lifted her left hand, forming a simple peace sign, “Bye.” And with that, she turned around, strutting off in the direction to her house.
 
I, being my lousy-self, watched her figure until she disappeared from my point of sight. Once she was gone I sat back down on the swing, looking down at the ground. Why do I feel like such an idiot? Shouldn’t I, though? I mean, what kind of guy has feeling for someone else... knowing they have a girlfriend already; a girlfriend whom he clearly has feeling for, as well. 
 
“Agh, you’re so confusing, L.Joe.” I groaned in annoyance, “Get your together.”
 
 
Minhee’s pov.
 
I held up my hand, making a peace sign at L.Joe, “Bye.”  And as soon as I said those words I turned around and scurried away to my house with a smile on my face. I was still feeling a little flustered from L.Joe’s awkward attitude from back then, but those feeling were pushed away with the simple thought that had now over-taken my mind: Daehyun. 
 
“Let’s go to the blossom festival,”
 
I smiled. He had said it with such force, yet total sweetness oozed from the sentence as well. So without even looking back to catch a glimpse of L.Joe’s figure, I made a turn at the corner that no longer allowed me to view the park, nor vice versa. But once I had done that turn, I felt my heart drop to the pit of my stomach within seconds. ‘Oh no. Why?’ I inwardly thought before turning around to avoid meeting ‘his’ gaze. “Aish, what do I do?” I softly asked myself aloud, feeling a cold wind gush past me. ‘Should I just go back to the park with L.Joe and wait? No... what if he’s not there anymore; besides, I can’t keep Daehyun and the others waiting.’ I thought, biting my lip in the process. “Well there’s no other option, Minnie. It’s either this, or you missing out on the festival.” I uttered to myself, turning around to head home. I then started to walk, picking up my pace ever-so-calmly as I walked past ‘him’. But just as I was sure he hadn’t seen me, I felt a hand encircle my wrist. ‘Fuuuuu-’
 
“Did you think I didn’t see you, Minhee?” He asked, his voice drooping with arrogance.
 
I rolled my eyes, cursing under my breath as I pulled my arm out of his reach; “I’m sorry Hyunjun, but I’m in a hurry.” I started to walk, thinking that I had left him behind me but as soon as I felt an arm over my shoulder I knew it was too good to be true; he had followed me. “What do you want, Hyunjun? Didn’t you hear me? I said I was in a hurr-”
 
“Aye,” he mused, pulling me closer to him but I countered his pull by leisurely slipping out from under his arm; “Looks like you’ve changed a lot from our little encounter from a few days ago.” he grinned with slickness, “you’ve become more... aggressive.”
 
I swallowed the lump that was forming in my throat, trying to play it calm and collected. “Our little encounter? Tch,” I tsk-ed, shaking my head with a small smile. I knew I looked confident, but inside I wasn’t anywhere near confident; I felt like my fear and nervousness were seeping through my body. Like the word 'scared’ was plastered on my forehead in big, black letters. But from the look on Hyunjun’s face I guess not. He had a genuinely astonished facial expression - which I’ve only seen so often. Then, out of nowhere, he halted to a stop - that for some unknown reason made me halt to a stop, too - his eyes glued on concrete sidewalk.
 
“You...” he breathed out, ready to say something when a guy - who, may I say, looked and sounded quite familiar - came by, whisking me away with a pull. “HEY! I wasn’t done talking to you!” I could hear Hyunjun’s screams, even after he was long gone from my sight.
 
I stumbled behind the guy who had pulled me away, my eyes wide as saucers as I immediately recognized who it was. “L.Joe, why are you here?” was all that escaped my lips; sure I knew it sounded rather rude, kind of like an insult, but in all honesty... why was he here? Didn’t I leave him at the park?
 
“I’m here to walk you home.” he simply replied in a monotone.
 
As soon as I heard those words I pulled my hand back, “Aniya. It’s okay, I can walk home by myself. You don’t have to-”
 
“I’m doing this because I’m worried; sorry, there’s nothing I can do about it.” He showed me a breath-taking smile, reaching out for my hand once again, yet this time I didn’t pull back; I simply let him take ahold of it, letting him lead me home. I had no idea why, but his words brought warmth to my body; yet there was nothing I could to to stop him.
 
 
L.Joe’s pov
 
‘There really is nothing I can do about it, Minhee.’ I thought to myself as I pulled her behind me, ‘I know I’m going to regret falling for you in the future, but right now, there is absolutely nothing I can do about it - these feelings I have can’t simply stop. I’m sorry, I can't help myself; I can't.’
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay, so I'm back with a new chapter~ yaay.
but anyway, enjoy! & omg, I love your comments; they make me smile~
Thanks for subscribing, reading and commenting. Also, hi new subbies! 
I hope my story doesn't dissapoint you guise ;A;