If only.

The story only I didn't know.




Minhee's P.O.V



    I watched as Sunmi unlocked our house door. It was already dark out, at least around 9 pm. Onc she had opened the door and stepped inside, so did I. I walked towards the kitchen, setting the empty picnic basket on the counter. Then I walked towards the living room, seeing Sunmi blankly staring at the tv, whom may I recall was off. Her gaze was distant, as if in a whole different world. I sighed, turning around to go upstairs to my room.

"I saw appa once."

I froze in my tracks, quickly turning my whole body around to face my sister who had just spoken. Her eyes were starting to water, but she blinked to wash the tears away.

"That night when I found you beaten up at the park, I saw him." She said, speaking so low that if I was a little farther away, I wouldn't have been able hear her.  

"What do you mean, unnie?" I asked, still standing in the same spot I was when she first spoke, in front of the stairs.

She weakly smiled, diverting her eyes from me to the white carpet. "When I found you at the park that night, there was a man beside you. I knew her seemed familiar, yet, at that moment I had no time to be remembering such things." She paused, sighing lightly as she looked back at me. "All I could think at that time, was you."

I rose a brow, giving her a confused look. I really had no idea as to what she was talking about, though I kind of understood, just kind of.

"And I was going to call the ambulance, but he already had called them. And by him, I mean appa..It was him."

My knees suddenly felt weaker, but I stayed put in place. Thoughts came running into my mind as a waterfall, and I remembered what appa said when he was saying goodbye to unnie and I, the last goodbye.

~~"Don't worry, you'll always be protected, emotionally and economically." Appa smiled, pinching both Sunmi and my cheeks. "Well we're off. Be good girls and don't get into any trouble, also..don't grow up too fast. I'll always be keeping an eye on you two and those boys who dare put a finger on you two." ~~

"Remember?" Sunmi asked. "He said we'd always be protected, and that he'd always be here for us." I bit my bottom lip, letting it get a little swollen before I stopped biting down on it. Sunmi stretched, getting up with a yawn. "It's been a long day, I'm going to go to bed. You should as well." I nodded my head, seeing her walk past me with droopy eyes; She did look tired.


                                                                                            ~~~~~~~~~~


    Once I was done showering and putting on my pajamas, I sat on my bed reading a book. I tried to concentrate on the book, but the more I tried consentating, the less I could. And as soon as I was finally into the book, I got a text messaje. I sighed, ruffling my wet hair as I checked the text.

Are you asleep, cause I'm here already.

I smiled, not even bothering to reply as I slowly got out out of bed. I then crept downstairs towards the door, quietly opening it as I took a peek around, searching for that one person. My eyes traveled around my yard, looking for him and once I had found him, I slowly walked towards him.

"Daehyun," I said.

He turned around, a dazzling smile on his handsome face. "I thought you were asleep, since you didn't reply, so I was about to leave."

"Nope, I was trying to read a book but I couldn't concentrate." I said, standing right beside him as he looked down at me. "And I don't break promises." I smiled, referring to the promise I made him back at the cemetery.

Flashback:

My phone buzzed, signaling me that I had received a text. I slowly got it out of my jacket pocket, checking to see who it was from.

TT.TT - Daehyun~

I gazed at the text, the corner of my lips slowly lifting up as I replied back to his text.

What's wrong? - Minnie^~^

Nothing, really. Just a little lonely over here. T.T - Daehyun~

Want me to go over there? - Minnie^~^

Aniya. It's fine, I don't want to come in between you & teen top. - Daehyun~

It's not even a bother, I'll be more than glad to go over there. Just wait 'till I finish eating this sandwich. Changjo is making me finish it, since I haven't eaten anything. Be there in a while. - Minnie^~^


    After I had finished my sandwich, I excused myself from Teen Top and walked over to where Daehyun was. He was seated next to Zelo who was talking to Jongup about something. I then sat beside Daehyun and started talking to him. I talked to him for the rest of the day, that was until we had to leave.

"Want to see something tonight?" He asked before he left.

I raised a brow, "See what?"

"It's a surprise. Just stay awake until 11, I'll come over to your house." He smiled at me, his eyes twinkling.

"Alright, but-"

"Promise?" He asked as he cut me off, putting a hand on my shoulder.

I nodded, gazing at his face. "Promise, don't worry. But for what?"

"I told you, it's a surprise." He said, then Yongguk called him, saying that it was time to go. "Coming!" He yelled back, "I'll text you." And with that, he pulled me in for an unexpected hug and left. ---

End of flashback;



"And what was the surprise?" I asked, tilting my head a bit as he smiled up at the sky.

He pursed his lips and looked back down at me, taking me by the hand. "Let's go walking."

"W-Walking? But I'm in my pajama-"

"Don't worry, you look fine." He interrupted me, gazing down at me from the corner of his eye. I slightly pouted, still walking down the sidewalk hand in hand with Daehyun.


Daehyun's P.O.V.



    Once we had arrived to our destination, which was the park, I lead Minhee to the swings. She sat down on one and I did the same, slowly swinging back and forth.

"So why are we here?" I heard her ask.

I looked at the ground, then finally over to my right where she was at. "No reason, really. I just wanted to be alone with you, see you and talk to you. But if you want to leave-"

"Aniya. It's fine, it's..nice." She smiled, the light from the moon reflecting on her pearly whites. "I like being with you," I looked away, blushing lightly with a grin.

"But I also brought you here to show you something.." I mumbled, barely audible for her ears.

She cocked her head in my direction, a confused expression over-powering her face. "For what?"

And as if on cue, fireworks started to blow up in the sky-- in all different shapes and colors. I watched as the red, green, blue and white lights reflected on her face. Her eyes sparkled with anxiousness, a smile soon forming on her small and beautiful face.

"Beautiful, right?" I asked, putting an arm on her head. She nodded, still not taking her eyes off the fireworks that exploded into beautiful sparkles of light above us. "But there are other things much more beautiful than fireworks."

She then froze under me, her eyes slowly shifting in my direction-- an indescribable expression in her chocolate colored eyes. "What?"

"Something, or more like someone. But it's a secret~" I gleamingly smiled, wrapping my arms around her--officially back hugging her as I rested my head on hers. I felt her body stiffen, but then relax once the fireworks above us started again-- exploding with such beautiful and breath-taking colors.

If only I wasn't such an wuss at telling you that the person who I'm talking about is you, I thought with a dry smile. If only I was much more of a man--which sadly I'm not. If only.

 

 

 

**************

 

Okay, so I've finally updated. Wahh~ I have so much homework, it's not even cool.

But there's no school tomorrow, so I might update again tomorrow

& also on my Daehyun&Hyosung one-shots.

--But thanks for subscribing&commenting~ :3