Frozen

The story only I didn't know.

 

 
Minhee’s p.o.v
 
I was sitting down on the front porch, a book in my lap, glasses on, and my hair in a messy bun when I heard someone call my name. The voice sounded extremely familiar, yet I couldn’t put my finger on who it could be. But of course that all changed when I looked up, seeing who had been calling my name.
 
“L.Joe,” I grinned, setting my book aside, getting up, and running to the front gate; “What brings you here?”
 
He smiled, his blonde hair shining in the sunlight; “I just wanted to see how you and Sunmi noona were doing. Why? Can’t I?”
 
“No, you can’t,” I joked, opening the gate for him to enter; “Unnie’s in the living room watching dramas.”
 
“Doesn’t she ever get tired of watching dramas all the time?” he asked.
 
I shrugged as I began walking towards the house with L.Joe behind me. “So how’s Chohee? Is she doing fine?” I asked as I opened the front door, letting the sound of whatever drama Sunmi was watching engulf us. I watched as L.Joe opened his mouth, ready to reply to my question but was stopped by Sunmi’s greeting.
 
“Oh my god, Byunghunnie~” she coo-ed, getting up from the couch and forgetting all about the drama she was watching. I watched as she ran over to him, pulling him in for what seemed like a suffocating hug. “It’s been forever since I last saw you! Where have you been? Why didn’t you come earlier? Have you been avoiding your noona?” she bombarded him with incessant questions while I just smiled. This girl. Aish. She was over-reacting, like always.
 
“N-Noona, y-you’re killing me here!” L.Joe said, his voice too low to understand.
 
“What?” Sunmi asked, completely clueless that she was the air out of L.Joe with her tight hug.
 
L.Joe slowly pounded his hand on Sunmi’s back, “C-Can’t breathe!” he squeaked out.
 
“What?” Sunmi asked, yet again.
 
“L-Let go!” L.Joe pleaded, but Sunmi still had him in her arms; “You’re killing me!”
 
“Wha-”
 
“Unnie, he can’t breathe!” I in, pulling L.Joe away from her. “You were suffocating him.”
 
Sunmi awkwardly chuckled, “Sorry Byunghun.”
 
“Gwaenchana?” I asked him, concerned. He was coughing, his face was immensely pale and he was holding onto his chest. I knew how tight Sunmi hugged. She could... uh, get a little out a hand; just a little. “Do you want some water?” I asked and he nodded while still coughing. I was about to turn around and run to the kitchen to get some water, but my sister beat me to it; instead I stayed with L.Joe, patting his back to make him more relaxed.
 
“Here you go, and uh, sorry.” Sunmi said as she came back with a cup of water. She handed it over to L.Joe who took it with a smile before gulping it down.
 
I watched as he drank the water, his body becoming more relaxed afterwards; “Are you okay?”
 
“I’m fine girls, no need to over-react.” he smiled, handing the cup to my sister who heaved a sigh. “Well this was a nice welcome-back gift.”
 
Sunmi laughed; “See? Nothing happened. He’s still his sarcastic-self.” 
 
“Yeah, thanks to Minhee.” L.Joe spoke, “If it wasn’t for her pushing you away from me, then who knows. I’d probably be dead right now.”
 
I waved my hands in front of me, “A-Aniya. It was nothing.”
 
“Whatever Byunghun,” my sister said as she came back into the living room and taking a seat on the couch where me and L.Joe followed her; “I wish Minhee wouldn’t have saved you. Life without you would be... ahhh, paradise.”
 
“Yah!” L.Joe blurted out.
 
I just shook my head. These two could be mistaken for siblings. They fight like ones, protect each other like ones, and care for each other like ones. They even shared similarities in appearance and likes. 
 
“I can’t believe you’d actually be happy if I were dead!” L.Joe accused.
 
Sunmi just shrugged, “Sorry, the truth hurts, I know.”
 
I just ignored them, reaching out for the remote control but a hand stopped me. I looked up, seeing my sister’s hand on mine; “What?” I asked.
 
“Don’t change it, my favorite part’s gonna come up.” she said.
 
“Oh come on, you’ve seen this drama 3 times.” I groaned, pulling my hand away from hers. “Let me change it to something better.”
 
She eyed me, “Something better? What could possible be better than To The Beautiful You? Can’t you see my future husband is on there?”
 
“Future husband?” L.Joe asked from beside me. “Puh-lease, we all know he can do better.” He laughed, making me join in with him. But I automatically stopped once I saw the look on my sister’s face.
 
“What did you say, Lee Byunghun?” 
 
“You heard me noona. I said that he could do so much better than you.” L.Joe repeated, this time with a little crack in his voice.
 
I gulped, looking over at my sister. She was beyond furious and I knew sooner or later that she was going to hurt him. Because no one, absolutely no one, messes with her precious, so-called ‘future husbands’. They’re her prized possessions, like someone’s bias or whatnot; “Uh, L.Joe, let’s go, now.” I whispered to him and he nodded. We were about to get up when Sunmi suddenly yelled, causing us to scream and jump up.
 
“RUUUUUUNN!” we both yelled and scurried away towards the front door.
 
“LEE BYUNGHUN, PARK MINHEE, GET BACK HERE!!!” Sunmi yelled, running after us.
 
I closed my eyes, opening the front door and running towards the gate. I quickly opened it and ran out, followed by L.Joe and lastly my sister; “We’re gonna die!” I screamed.
 
“But at least we’ll die together,” L.Joe, who was running beside me, smiled. He looked back, noticing that my sister was nearing us; “We need to hurry, or else we’ll die... for real.” he muttered, taking ahold of my hand, “palli!”
 
I stiffened for a second as he held my hand in his. They felt so... cold, unlike Daehyun’s whose were warm and subtle; L.Joe’s hands were different. They were distant and just... weird. But I held his hand nonetheless; “Where are we going?” 
 
“The park,” he voiced. “We both know how un-athletic Sunmi noona is, so she won’t be able to reach us by the time we get there.”
 
 
Once we reached the park there wasn’t even a trace of Sunmi behind us. I smiled, taking a seat on a nearby swing. I was exhausted. Never in my life had I ever ran so fast. 
 
“Do you think she’s still looking for us?” L.Joe asked, sitting on the swing beside me.
 
I shook my head, smiling up at him. “I don’t think so. She’s probably forgot about it by now.”
 
“She’s crazy,” he mumbled.
 
“Right?” I laughed, shaking my head; “She’s too much.” I looked over at him, only to see that he, too, was looking at me. He grinned, making me stare at him with wide eyes. He had some leafs on his hair from when we crawled in between someone’s bushy yard; yet, even with leafy hair, he looked attractive. “L.Joe,” I muttered as I stood up, walking over to him.
 
His eyes widened, “Y-Yeah?”
 
“Hold still,” I voiced as I neared him, taking out the leafs from his hair; “You have some leaves in your hair.” I was busily taking out the leafs from his hair when I noticed a cut on his right cheek. He must’ve got it from crawling through those bushes as well. So without thinking twice, I leaned in to get a closer look, only that I didn’t notice how close our faces were, that was until I felt his breath hit my face and his eyes plastered on me. I gulped, staring straight into those dark brown irises. I didn’t know why, but my world suddenly stopped spinning and I felt time stop on itself. 
 
“Minhee...” he whispered, his breath hitting my face.
 
I tried to move, get away from him as soon as possible, but it was like I had no control over my body. I was just frozen in my spot, not even able to breathe; that’s how incapable of moving I was. But of course my heart didn’t manage to stop, in fact it started to beat even faster; so fast that it could jump out of my chest any moment. And before I knew it, before I could move away, before I could do anything... he leaned in. 
 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So here's another lame & short update guise.
Sorry for not updating more constantly.
But omgomgo, what's happening? Will Minhee and L.Joe kiss? askhdjaskdasdasdasd
I left it at cliff-hanger cause you know, I'm a tease.
anyway, thanks for subscribing and commenting~