Lost.

The story only I didn't know.

 

A/N: sorry, short chapter >.< I .

 

Minhee’s p.o.v

I woke up to the nonstop barks of Aj. He was barking uncontrollably loud, as if something bad was happening.

“Aj, what’s wrong?” I quickly asked, still feeling groggy from my deep slumber. I searched around the dark, abandoned living room. Everything seemed so… strange. I bit my lip, regretting it almost instantly. “Aish,” I winced, “I forgot to aid my lip.” I lifted up my hand to touch my lip, but was startled to see a figure move in the dark, followed by more of Aj’s barks. I was about to get up from the couch, when a hand softly pushed me back. I widened my eyes, “W-Who’s there?”

“…”

I gulped. I felt the person sigh, letting his/her breath hit my face. “U-Unnie?” I squeaked out.

The person tsked, letting a light chuckle escape their lips.

“Alright, that’s enough.” I said in an annoyed tone, trying to hide the fear I was actually experimenting. “Who’s there?” There was another sigh heard, followed by Aj’s barks.

“I-”

Woof, woof!

Aj’s barks were heard. All though he was distant, probably locked up in Minhee or Sunmi’s rooms, his barks were still heard loud and clear. They sounded rather different from his usual barks—they sounded aggressive.

“God, can’t you tell your stupid dog to shut up?” the person finally spoke.

I raised a brow. That voice… it sounded familiar, yet so unusual – but it was definitely a girls voice.

“He’s been barking ever since I got here. Like, wow.”

“Who are you?” I asked, ignoring her blabber about Aj. “And why are you here?”

The girl laughed. “Oh… that,” she merely spoke as her voice drifted further off into the distance. It was like she was walking away from me.

“Yeah… that.” I replied boldly. I tried to search for her figure, but failed. It was too dark to see anything, and being half-asleep wasn’t much of help either.

“Well you know,” she spoke up, “I just wanted to see how my fellow competitor was doing.”

I scrunched my nose in confusion. “Competitor?” I asked.

“Mm,” the girl murmured.

“What do you mea-”

“You know very well what I mean,” she spoke, her voice sounding cold. “You… you think you can win? You think you can have him? Do you, do you really?”

I shook my head in confusion. What in the world was this girl talking about?

“You know how long I’ve searched for him?” she asked. I stood frozen, practically lost. I had no clue as to what she was referring to, let alone who she was talking about. “I yearned for him to be mine. I’ve always wanted him. And when I finally have the chance to have him, you appear. Do you think that’s fair? First I lose him to my sister, now to you? No no… let me rephrase that.” She spoke, her voice filling the silence that surrounded the dark living room. “I lost him once… yeah, but I can assure you that not ever again. You hear me?”

I sighed, still standing as frozen as a bamboo stick. “W-What are you talking about?”

“Oh for heaven sakes!” she blurted out, obviously annoyed. “How can you be so slow? Ho-How can he like you?”

‘What in the world. Seriously, what is she talking about? Aigoo, I’m so lost.’ I thought to myself, lifting my hand up to scratch my head.

“It isn’t fair,” she mumbled.

I stared at her figure in the darkness. She was standing near the front door, her hand resting on the wall where the light switch was at.  “I know.” I mumbled out unconsciously, “Life isn’t fait at all…”

“…”

There was a long, awkward pause. None of us dared to say anything. It was just silent, and the only sound that was heard was the engine of Sunmi’s car rolling into the driveway. Wait, what?

I froze, gasping as soon as I realized what was happening. Sunmi… Sunmi was home, and I was here with a stranger in the house. I looked out the living room window, seeing the lights from Sunmi’s vehicle creep its way in. . I quickly ran towards the girl, wrapping my hands around her arm.

“YAH! GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME!” she yelled. Her voice sounded annoyed and disgusted, but the uncertainness of her tone was, too, mixed in there.

“Shh!” I hissed, “My sister’s he-”

“I know that,” she cut me off; “I’m not retarded.” She then pushed me back with her free arm, making me lose my grip on her. “Now let go,” she said in the calmest voice ever.

I let my arms fall to my side, obeying her immediately. “Mian. I, I just-”

“Don’t think this is over,” she hissed. “I’m not losing him; not again.” She turned around to face me. I immediately backed away, for we were face-to-face – only letting an inch separate our noses from touching. “Watch out, Minhee, cause I’m not giving up. This… this war has just begun. And I’ll do anything, absolutely anything, that’s in my power to keep him—even if it’s not fair; cause like you said, life isn’t fair.”

I gulped, frightened by her rough words. Honestly, her words weren’t that bad. What was harsh was her cold, monotone voice. It calm, yet scary. And the way her eyes glared at me didn’t help in any way at all.

And with that, she opened the front door and walked out, brushing past Sunmi without a single glance.

“Uh… okay?” Sunmi muttered, obviously disliking the girl’s rude manners. “Who was that?”

I blinked, following the retreating figure of the girl. Her pace was slow, calm and cold, just like her voice. “She’s uh…” I replied, pausing to search for the correct word to answer my sister’s question. “She’s just someone who’s lost – very lost indeed.”

“Err, okay?” Sunmi questioned, shrugging it off. “So what are you doing up this late? It’s already like, 1 am.”

I shrugged, “Molla.”

Sunmi chuckled, putting an arm around my shoulder. “Let’s go in already. It’s pretty chilly out.”

“Yeh,” I replied, letting my elder sister lead me inside - into the cold, dark, and silent living room where that girl once stood. Where I, for the first time ever, stood there lost for words; just simply lost.

 


omfg, guise. I'm  SUPER DUPER MEGA UBER SORRY for not updating in what seems like centuries.

It's just that I had this HUGE writers' block and this feeling of 'im-not-going-anywhere-with-this-story' feeling. Idk.

Otl. Im such a horrible author. But im really, really, really, really, sorry. *kneels down* Will you guys forgive me? *pouts*

orz. I .

and sorry for le lame chapter. I promise to update more frequently cause I finally have this good feeling of how this story will be going.

I love you all & sorry, again.