Chapter Two

Kiss Me Goodbye, Into The Light

We sat on my bed while we ate the pizza. “You’re cleaning up all the crumbs.” I said.

“No problem.”

“You better! Last time, mice came.”

He laughed. “Seriously?! Job well done. I deserve a pat on the back.”

I glared at him then threw my pizza crust at him. “Go to hell.” I muttered.

We lied side by side on my bed and starred up onto the ceiling.

“You know what you should do?”

“Hmm?”

“Get those glow-in-the dark stars and stick em onto the ceiling.”

I propped myself up and looked at him. “That’s actually a good idea.”

“See? I’m not all that dumb.”

I nudged him. “You’re so full of it.”

There was a moment of silence until he broke it.

“Truth or dare?” He asked.

“Truth.”

“Come on, pick dare.”

“No I think I’m going to stick with truth.” I smirked.

“Okay uhm…” He started. “Have you ever kissed anyone?”

I could tell her was grinning. I shot up. “You’re really annoying, you know that?” He kept smiling.

Truth is, I have kissed someone before. And it was Yunho. Of course it was unintentional, on my part. We were 13 then, and we went to a carnival. Hyuna was dating another guy. We saw them kiss, and it felt like the most magical thing. So when we got home, Yunho unexpectedly kissed me. I got furious at him, but I couldn’t do anything about it. “I wanted to know how it feels.” He said. “But you’re only supposed to kiss someone you care and have feelings for.” I replied. He looked at me and smirked.  It got awkward for about a few weeks, until he beat up a guy that tried to kiss me, and we fought a bit, then things went back to normal.

I sighed after having this thought.

- -

The next day at school, I fell asleep in all my classes. Stupid Yunho, keeping me up, I thought. I’m going to kill him later. When the bell for lunch ran, I walked out of my classroom and to my locker. Yunho came up beside me. “Hello there, Kae In.” He sang.

“Shut up before I smash your face in.”

“Ou, fierce.”

“Shut up. I’m falling asleep in all my classes! Mr. Cho had to call my name, three times! THREE!”

“Okay, okay, calm down, I’ll buy you lunch, happy?”

I glared at him and shut my locker.

“Hey look, it’s the freaks.” A girl said. She was one of those material girls, with her stupid coach bag and Louis Vuitton shoes.

“Shut up before I yank all your hair out.” I snapped at her.

“I’d like you see you try, you dumb .”

“What’d you call me?” I bolted at her but Yunho held me back.

“Say that again you .”

“Dumb .” She sneered. All her posse laughed along her side. If she never had those people, she’d be nothing.

I shook Yunho loose and I leaped towards her, I had my first ready for her plastic face, I went for the punch but someone stopped me.

“Hyuna, let me go!” I exclaimed.

“Kae In, stop messing around. Just ignore it. Violence doesn’t solve anything.”

“Easy for you to say.”

“I don’t understand why you’re protecting her. She’s so useless.”

“She’s everything you’ll never be.” Hyuna snapped back at her. “If you do anything to her again, just watch what I’ll do to your face.

The girl gave me a dirty look and walked away. “Violent doesn’t solve anything? You’re one to talk..”

“Whatever.” She laughed. “I didn’t want you to cause a scene” Hyuna then left and went back to Jae Joong’s side. I felt the green eyed monster creeping up my back.