Chapter Twenty

Kiss Me Goodbye, Into The Light

Jae Joong’s P.O.V

I panicked, I didn’t know what to do. Did Hyuna just jump into the water? It took me a while to realize and comprehend what was going on. Before I could even think of a solution, I jumped into the angry waves, going after her.

The water was cold and chills ran down my spine, my whole body felt numb but I kept swimming down towards the bottom. Within minutes, I saw her, slowly sinking. I swam down and fetched her from the water. I dragged her and myself back up the water and hauled her out of the cold and onto the rocks above.

I lightly tapped her cheeks, “Hyuna, Hyuna, wake up…” I was close to tears, and I felt my heart tighten. I thought the second option was to do CPR on her. I bent down and pumped air into her lungs. I was about to give up when she finally opened her eyes and spit out the water that was trapped in her lungs.

“Hyuna…?” I said. My hands were shaking. I didn’t know whether to be happy, or sad, “Are you okay?”

A smiled appeared on her face. Soon that smile turned into laughter.

I sat there in shock, why was she laughing? Has she gone delusional?

“Why are you…laughing?” I asked.

She sat up, and looked me in the eye. “I know it.” She smirked.

“Know what?”

“You still love me.” She sang.

I stood up, “What the hell are you talking about?”

She got up slowly and met my eyes again. “If you didn’t love me, you wouldn’t have saved me.”

“Loving you and saving you are two different things.”

She shrugged, “I can’t seem to tell the difference. If it was Yunho, would you have saved him?”

I became quiet. Would I save him? He’s my brother, but I never looked at him as one.

“He’s your family yet you hesitate with this question.” She patted me on the shoulder, “Stop lying to yourself.”

She turned around and walked the other direction.

“You’re crazy.” I said after her.

“Maybe I am.” She said, loud enough for me to hear.

A few minutes later, I heard her start her car, and drive away. Even though she was gone, even though the only sound were the loud waves, crashing against the rocks, all I could hear was her voice ringing through my head, over and over. “You still love me. You still love me. You still love me.”